Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint contract change. Waive etfs?

With Sprint changing their policies on the rate plan discounts, people are reporting that they are able to get out if their contract with sprint and get their etf's waived. My question is could this be done just so you can get out if contract and upgrade again whenever you want?
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

Default Re: Sprint contract change. Waive etfs?

No. If they release you ETF free you will have to port your number out.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Kinda what i thought. Just wanted to check...
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

For me when they did this is in the past as well with other customers I know your contract and upgrade timer are two different things.

They can and will waive your contract but you will still have to wait to get a new device until the timer says so but you are free to go at any time.

There are a few ways around that if you want a new device you sometimes will get a rep that is new or wants to be nice and will reset both when they waive your contract. The other way is once the contract is waived wait a month or two and call and say you want to renew that line that does not have a contract can you please reset the upgrade timer and they usually will but you have to wait a month or two if you try doing it the same month they look at the notes and catch one.

I called and you can be etf free or get bill credit. I got 100 off

Tapatalked
    Last edited by cabrone; 01-24-2012 at 10:33 PM.
    NS4G
    Kindle Fire JellyBean 4.1.1 JandyCane
    Dropbox lets you sync files across several platforms. Sign up for free, install, and get me extra space!

ROM
    Stock

even if your ETF is waived, your upgrade still runs its course based on the last time you upgraded at the promotional rate.

I'm living proof of this.

When i moved from one state to another, the home address in which i reside at the new location was in roaming only (even according to the sprint.com coverage map).

For this reason, since they do not provide service at my service address, they let me out of the contract. However, this did not reset my rebate/upgrade eligibility, that is still based on 20 months from my original purchase date at promotional pricing.

The only exception to this rule is account services. They have the power to do whatever it takes in the retention of your patronage. Here is were you can be given the world coated in chocolate, or sent home with your tail between your legs.

I called got my contact switched to month-to-month. Been thinking about switching to either VZW or Tmo but there data plans suck

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

No plan on leaving Sprint but it would be nice to be out of contract regardless. What are you all saying when you call? Something like since you are changing your discounts switch me to month to month?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by uh60james View Post
    No plan on leaving Sprint but it would be nice to be out of contract regardless. What are you all saying when you call? Something like since you are changing your discounts switch me to month to month?
    Im also curious what the gameplan is with this. Ive tried on other occasions when they made materially adverse changes but to no avail.