Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Honestly, I dont work for sprint, I've just used every other service and an happy with sprint.

Btw, I take trees down for a living but make a hobby out of programming

Swyped from my Photon using t-talk 2

Quote Originally Posted by everyday17 View Post
    ...coming from the person no longer on Sprint who is trolling the Sprint subforum.
    Forums are meant for open discussion.
    Everyone's a so called Troll for saying anything on discussion threads. Hum?
    You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Your participation is totally acceptable ans welcome. We are just trying to have a discussion on the thread topic. Complaints against sprint and lawsuit threats can go in another thread if that's what you want to discuss.

Speaking of which. I am driving an hour and a half to Kankakee as soon as I have my galaxy nexus to test the network there. I'm stoked. Shouldn't be long now.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

So censor my comments?
    I do feel my comments are on point.
    As far as a lawsuit. Please give that up, I explained that already. Sigh :o.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Sprint LTE

Lets keep the thread on topic everyone. Also take note of the quote below...

Trolling - Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way. Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling.
    Just a heads up on the whole "troll" comments being thrown around...

Have a good day
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by 2:
    axne1tirith 

Quote Originally Posted by xusxmarinesx View Post
    I agree I have to drive far just to get wimax....its horrible...sprint needs to rethink where they should deploy lte first. I would just like a 4g phone that's actual 4g
    I would be very happy if they can get 3g service here. Maybe they should roll out their LTE in the Northeastern PA region FIRST, so I can get LTE...
    It's been mentioned that they have 22,000+ cell sites that need upgraded to NetworkVision. There's a reason for where they are upgrading. Some of the smaller population areas are to make sure it has the reach for less tower dense areas, and the more dense areas are to make sure it's stable under heavy load. They plan to be nearly saturated by the end of 2013, which seems like a long amount of time from a consumer standpoint, but for a business to move that fast is a very good thing.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...

Quote Originally Posted by ratsttam View Post
    I would be very happy if they can get 3g service here. Maybe they should roll out their LTE in the Northeastern PA region FIRST, so I can get LTE...
    It's been mentioned that they have 22,000+ cell sites that need upgraded to NetworkVision. There's a reason for where they are upgrading. Some of the smaller population areas are to make sure it has the reach for less tower dense areas, and the more dense areas are to make sure it's stable under heavy load. They plan to be nearly saturated by the end of 2013, which seems like a long amount of time from a consumer standpoint, but for a business to move that fast is a very good thing.
    ya that is pretty fast, considering they are upgrading their entire network
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Considering I just used my upgrade on a non lte phone, hopefully they don't 86 the wimax in my area....

Thanked by:
    axne1 

If you already have wimax you'll be set through your next upgrade.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Well, according to sprint's website, my next upgrade is 1/1/14... so yea, i should be fine

I have to say we went through heck last year with the 3G upgrades in SE Michigan, but I can get 1.6 dl / 0.9 ul on my photon now and I'm looking forward to 4g lte when it rolls out. That being said, i will say if I get stuck paying the $10 4g fee for two years without 4g service again, I'll jump ship.

My concern about Sprint's LTE is the possible misconception the they let customers walk away with.

I am no expert on wireless technology but I also have common sense. When I bought the EVO 4G I expressed my concerns about the 4G network in my area and you can guess what they told me.[I] "While we understand your concerns, all we can tell you is that we are planning to expand network by network, we unfortunately cannot tell you Indiana and your location will get the upgraded 4G network."

So, I questioned them about 4G LTE concerning the EVO 4G LTE and guess what they told me? The same exact thing. So, I had the EVO 4G for 2 years and never once connected it to 4G, but I was not completely unsatisfied because the 3G speeds seemed good enough, although I have never had anything to compare it to.

So, why get excited about the LTE network and Sprints LTE phones until you know that LTE is in your area. So, I decided to cross to the other side and try out the iPhone 4S. Hope I'm not making a mistake.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but that $10 fee will be payed for a 3G phone too. It hasnothing to do with 4G?

Also, the rollout schedule is pretty aggressive. A majority of the network will be done in 2013, with the 800mhz coversion finalizing in 2014. I've had two wimax phones anticipating not having wimax in my area, but I get it when I travel. I'm doing the same thing with the galaxy nexus. Buy a phone for the hardware. Network is relative to your location, and wifi availability these days is a game changer too.

Sent from my GT-P7510
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by smcolbert View Post
    I don't want to sound like a broken record, but that $10 fee will be payed for a 3G phone too. It hasnothing to do with 4G?

Also, the rollout schedule is pretty aggressive. A majority of the network will be done in 2013, with the 800mhz coversion finalizing in 2014. I've had two wimax phones anticipating not having wimax in my area, but I get it when I travel. I'm doing the same thing with the galaxy nexus. Buy a phone for the hardware. Network is relative to your location, and wifi availability these days is a game changer too.

Sent from my GT-P7510
    Yep, $10 is a premium data charge. Has nothing to do with 4g. Its how Sprint keeps unlimited data.

Yes, I completely understand that, I also understand the aggressive program that Sprint says, and research shows they are doing to upgrade their system, but I have been misled before. I am a long standing Sprint customer over 11 years in fact and have no intention to leave unless things get real bad.

I just figure I should explore my options in devices, I do not have high expectations that 4G LTE will get to north central Indiana before a new two year commitment is up. On the other hand, if they do get LTE in my area within the next two years, I would hope that they would have the bugs worked out by the time I am ready to upgrade again.

So, while I am an android fan, I have never had an iPhone so why not explore. Sure, its 3G only, but that's all that is available. I will get excited when 4G LTE hits around my area and be itching to upgrade again. Keeps the excitement alive I think.
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    Yep, $10 is a premium data charge. Has nothing to do with 4g. Its how Sprint keeps unlimited data.
    I didn't get hit with it until a few months ago when I switched to an evo shift...

Quote Originally Posted by tirith View Post
    I didn't get hit with it until a few months ago when I switched to an evo shift...

Correct. They didn't automatically tack it onto every customers smartphone plan. But, as soon as you upgrade (causing you to enter a new contract) then they force the 'Premium Data Charge' on you. Yes, it has nothing to do with 4G, it is added to EVERY smartphone EXCEPT for the Samsung Replenish and I think maybe 1 or 2 other Eco-Friendly smartphones. Kinda like a perk to get you to help Sprint care about the environment
    Mine- Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2);
    AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by tirith View Post

Sprint To Charge Premium Data Fee On All Smart Phones Starting 1/30/11!! - Sprint News & Phone Reviews from SprintUsers

Paying it for two years now....

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk

The $10 premium data charge (I was told by sprint customer care around 1 1/2 years ago) was a 4G data charge. This has changed to cover all or most smartphones to supplement the unlimited data I do believe.

No matter, it is really no big deal for me to pay because even with the charge my service (Simply Everything Unlimited plan) +options +3phones is far cheaper than I would get for equivalent service at AT&T or Verizon.

The 3G speeds where I am at currently are not real bad (not perfect). So as I said in my original post, I am not going to get excited about the new 4G LTE devices until 4G LTE service is in my area.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

The premium data charge was started with 4g phones with the intention of it being moved to all smartphones. At no point ever was it referred to as a 4g charge by Sprint. Salesmen in the store may have referred to it that way, but it was never the stance of the company.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #147  

Has anyone noticed slow network times or outages in areas where Sprint is working on cell towers (LTE upgrade work)? I have noticed both of these things...not communicated or handled very well by Sprint.

I know this work is planned to go on for about 6 months or so. Just wondering if we should expect these type of issues for the next 6 months while they upgrade to LTE.
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Has anyone noticed slow network times or outages in areas where Sprint is working on cell towers (LTE upgrade work)? I have noticed both of these things...not communicated or handled very well by Sprint.

I know this work is planned to go on for about 6 months or so. Just wondering if we should expect these type of issues for the next 6 months while they upgrade to LTE.
    Yes, during daytime, sometimes I only get like 400-700 down, instead of 1.6...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

I spoke to a Sprint corp rep this week and was assured ,they working hard to get thee new LTE network up fast to address customers concerns on data speed and signal strength.

sent from my Evo4LTE

The areas that are seeing significant coverage issues are areas undergoing the network vision upgrade where they are changing equipment manufacturers. For example. In Chicago they are switching from Motorola equipment to Samsung equipment. The different equipment doesn't play well.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast