Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #151  

Default Re: Sprint LTE

Sprint 3G coverage has always been slow, but it seems like the speeds have really gone down dramatically over the past few months. Wimax is useless due to coverage. LTE is only a promise at this time...with elusive dates and speculation.

How long does Sprint expect it's customers to live with service like this before they jump ship? The 3G speeds are really killing me, almost making the service unusable. Any one else having these issues...did you do something that helped your 3G speeds?

Speedtest download 0.16Mbps and upload 0.04Mbps....
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Honestly, its mainly because they are upgrading...

And other than the usual update prl and profile, nothing short of a call to sprint will help...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Sprint 3G coverage has always been slow, but it seems like the speeds have really gone down dramatically over the past few months. Wimax is useless due to coverage. LTE is only a promise at this time...with elusive dates and speculation.

How long does Sprint expect it's customers to live with service like this before they jump ship? The 3G speeds are really killing me, almost making the service unusable. Any one else having these issues...did you do something that helped your 3G speeds?

Speedtest download 0.16Mbps and upload 0.04Mbps....
    Really all depends on where you are, just like any other carrier. I wouldn't say theirs 3G is overly fast anywhere, but its still decent in many places. Two years ago Sprint was fast in many areas compared to Verizon. Problem is they never upgraded in that time frame.

I would really like for people to wait until LTE is behind the promised schedule before they start criticizing Sprint for not already having a full LTE network rolled out. It's not like they have just flip a switch or something. It's a significant undertaking.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

I'm waiting to get my galaxy nexus to see if lte is turned on here already...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by axne1 View Post
    :banghead: the last face shows what a lotta sprint customers in illinois will look like soon jk... just outside that little city you won't get even a tiny signal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    No u didn't just say Chicago is little :sly: and I have faith because I have wimax ALL OVER ILLINOIS not just Chicago

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    Really all depends on where you are, just like any other carrier. I wouldn't say theirs 3G is overly fast anywhere, but its still decent in many places. Two years ago Sprint was fast in many areas compared to Verizon. Problem is they never upgraded in that time frame.
    Two years ago Sprint still had its roaming agreements with Altel and its network coverage was much bigger. When AT&T bought some of Altel's towers, Sprint lost those roaming agreements that it was suppose to have for a few more years. As a result its network coverage area was drastically reduced and thus started the data speed problems.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567