How's 4G coverage in your area?

yungwunn911

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
4G coverage in your area

I should be getting my evo in the mail this week. Can't wait. I'm hoping to have some 4g coverage in my area in NJ and Philly (in aug).

I thought it might be a good idea to have everyone post their locations and how good, bad, amazing their 4g coverage is. I'll update this first post as people repsond to make it easy for people to use as reference.

Houston, TX - See Post #2 - So-So, But Useable
Pasadena, Tx - Very Good
San Antonio, TX - #3 - Disappointing
Austin, TX: good
San Marcos, TX: surprisingly good
Washington DC - Here - Disappointing
Atlanta, GA - Here - Good
Chicago, IL - Here - Very Good
Morris, IL - No 4G
Falls Church, VA - Here - Good
Las Vegas, NV - Here - Disappointing
Syracuse, NY - Here - Good
Orange Park, FL - Here - Good
Ft. Lauderdal, FL - Here - None
Rochester, NY - Here - Decent
Orlando, FL - Here - None
Santa Clara, CA - Here - Good
Sunnyvale, CA - Here - Good
Baltimore, MD (first 4G city ever): Very dissapointing
Nashville, TN - Here - Good
Kansas City, KC -#9 - Great
Honolulu, HI - #10 - Disappointing, Bad

Last edited:

jthapar

May 18, 2010
Visit site
4G in Houston

4G in Houston

Signal comes and goes. Just while typing this post it has lost 4G and got it back. I have 3-4 bars out of 5.

Was able to do a speedtest at mobilespeedtest.com downloaded 1 MB in 6.29 seconds while on 4G. (1272 kbps). Crazy fast!

gol706

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm in San Antonio and it's pretty disappointing, and Clear has been here for about a year. I get no signal at home or at work, both in heavily populated areas. Driving around with 4G on the when I get full bars the best I can get is 2Mbps down /1Mbps up.

It's not why I bought the phone, so I'm not too upset, it's just not worth leaving the 4G radio on right now.

fgkay

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Two 4G cities so far with my EVO:

Austin, TX: good
Baltimore, MD (first 4G city ever): Very dissapointing

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Houston:

I'd categorize it as very disappointing to absolute non-existent signal. Given that Houston is a major city in the country with huge market stakes of all business types...I'd expect Houston to be very good. However, the flip side of that coin I guess could be more congestion on the 4G network due to population. If the latter is the case and the 4G network isn't improved/strengthened with more folks jumping on, I'm afraid things won't look so good for the time being.

Pasadena, Tx:

I was in the Pasadena area and while visiting a cousin, I noticed the 4G signal was very strong. I was able to average around 3.5mbs down and 2mbs up.

I live in Houston and my home doesn't receive any 4G. Working in Downtown Houston and inside the building, once again, the 4G signal was non-existent.

eKennedy#AC

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Honolulu - They say we have 4g here but I've only ever seen my 4g icon flicker on and off. I haven't noticed any data speed improvements.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm in NW Houston and it's just okay. Mine doesn't come and go, but it fluctuates between 1 and 2 bars (over the 4g icon), but Houston is a huge city. It would take me an hour to get to Pasadena so I imagine not all areas of Houston are created equally.

I just tested it and I got 1.63 down and 1.02 up.

turbodude

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
in Vegas im getting very consistent results. The first day was bad. 3g was faster than 4g.

but everyday it has gotten faster. 2nd day, on teh strip i was getting 3.2m down, and 2mbps at my house. today i was getting peaked out at 6-8mbps on the strip and 4.3 at my house.

I forgot to take a screen when i was on teh strip though :( i was working, it wa steh last thign on my mind.

but here is a screen from last night at my house.
4679028983_9f2ce0d59b_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz