Going back to Android from iPhone 4S, which phone to get?

mariotheotaku

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
After having the iPhone 4S for a few months and finding out about the bad 3g speeds (Note:3g speeds were fine on my evo 3d) I decided to go back to Android but since I don't want to extend my 2 year agreement I'll probably end up getting an used phone from eBay and I want to know which phone I should get.

I narrowed it down to the Nexus S, Photon 4G and Galaxy S II. The mains use of my phone are texting, social, watching video, music and some gaming. One of the things I'm looking for in the phone are speaker loudness (phone is mostly keep in my pocket so I need to be able to hear it), being able to watch the screen when I text on sunny days, good battery life.

Thank you

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
idk if u into rooting and flashing but if by chance u is the photon is out the door right from jump due to u lose 4g if u root it I have a ns4g running ics and everything works signal isn't bad isn't perfect either haven't played wit the e4gt yet but heared good things

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

SERO wireless

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Wait.
Sprint's pulling a 4G u-turn and rolling out LTE. If you're happy with 3G but want a high-end phone you'll want to wait because they'll be deeply discounted when the LTE phones come out. Motorola's LTE version of the Photon will be here Mayish and you'll be able to get a much better deal on the Wi-Max version then.

CogitaClare

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy S2 without a doubt

Second that. Own one. Awesome for all the things you have planned for your phone. The other phones you mentioned are okay, but not awesome.

This assumes you need a phone now and aren't planning to wait for anything like newer phones, LTE, etc.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
idk if u into rooting and flashing but if by chance u is the photon is out the door right from jump due to u lose 4g if u root it I have a ns4g running ics and everything works signal isn't bad isn't perfect either haven't played wit the e4gt yet but heared good things

I've had roms on mine with functional 4g... Its an easy fix...

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

aztecgod106

May 11, 2012
Visit site
E4GT is Awesome...even though mines isn't rooted its display is way better than Photon...my wife has it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

PLCSP

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

I can't read this post without punctuation, but I see the word "Photon", so I agree. I would go with the Photon for the awesome antenna and long battery life. Waiting for the LTE network might be a good idea depending on whether your city is on the upcoming cities list.

iPhone is the best in terms of quality and life.

Way to read the thread and realize the OP doesn't want the icrap. Good job.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Gs2. I wish Verizon had it. But if you aren't in a rush your carrier may get the galaxy s3 if you are into high end phones.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
If 3G speeds were crap on your iPhone, I don't think getting another Android phone is going to help. I'd go for the Photon though. Much stronger radio than te Epic Touch 4G..

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
iPhone is the best in terms of quality and life.

Quality......not. Apple has their problems they just give you a new device to keep you happy. Many people have one android device for the life of their contract.

Life.....only because.you see one new phone every two years and a slightly better versio. To fill the gap.

Apple is the best at marketing and name recognition due to their innovations to the smart phone market.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Photon signal is strong, I get good speeds on sprints 3g and 4g, and yep, apple sucks still.

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd say the EVO LTE for the Galaxy Nexus. But if you are in a wimax area and want to use it, get the Epic 4G Touch.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay