Sprint 3G is Horrible

Darrkman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So I've been trying to use Sprint 3G on my commute on the LIRR and its been even worse than usual. It's actually taken me a full minute to pull up this message board on tapatalk. I timed it. I'm currently off contract but I have to now seriously consider jumping to Verizon. I've spent years with no 4G service on Long Island while friends are zooming along on Verizon with faster service than my WiFi in my own home. It's amazingly frustrating.

Sent from my EVO Shift

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I live in CT, and never had the problems you are having. I have 4G with great coverage with Sprint. And 3G works fine. I guess it depends on where you live. You should change your title to Sprint 3G is horrible in my area. Don't be so broad. Always go to who has the best coverage in your area.

Reactions: crzycrkr

luigi1285

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm also from li. I tried verizon a couple of weeks ago. Loved the speed, hated the data cap and returned to sprint. I say stick it out it will be well worth it once they get the new network up and running. Plus you will then have unlimited on lte then. Just food for thought

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

biggdogg9

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
U have 4g in the city if can pick out up in rockville center now i drive a truck all over the island and have no problem with my 3g.now my friend is picking up a lte single on his verizon phone on the south shore to center moriches.sprint should have lte soon after the city i read

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't take the LIRR often, but I don't have any problems when I do, or anywhere else. Only takes a second or two to load the forums in Tapatalk. Could be the train, or possibly your phone. FYI, LTE should be lit up in the city in June or July, and LI is supposed to be hit right after that. By the end of the year, or early 2013 most of LI should be covered

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I know moving to the Evo 3D with the dual core made my speeds a lot faster, so as was pointed out above, maybe an upgraded phone will solve your problem.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I know moving to the Evo 3D with the dual core made my speeds a lot faster, so as was pointed out above, maybe an upgraded phone will solve your problem.

I was thinking more of an actual issue with the phone, not his choice of phone, although that is a possibility also.

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
No, network is just horrible in places. I drove around here in winston doing speectest. Out of about 40 test. 50% of them flat out failed. The 50% that completed averaged 130kbps or so.
ae620c40-b8d3-e967.jpg

Today I did another 50 test. 45% of them failed. But average speed of the others did make it to about 220kbps.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
No, network is just horrible in places. I drove around here in winston doing speectest. Out of about 40 test. 50% of them flat out failed. The 50% that completed averaged 130kbps or so.
Click to view quoted image

Today I did another 50 test. 45% of them failed. But average speed of the others did make it to about 220kbps.

Where is Winston? Every network is horrible in some places. Just how it works.

biggdogg9

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Its got to be the phone i had a old samsung moment the sucked slow and drop calls.bought a evo 4g and had not a problem since can't wait to up grade to the new evo lte

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Where is Winston? Every network is horrible in some places. Just how it works.

Winston salem north carolina. Its slow over this whole area, winston, greensboro, highpoint. Hell, pretty much the whole state of north carolina. Charlotte is horrible too, but can usually at least find some goid wimax there.

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Its got to be the phone i had a old samsung moment the sucked slow and drop calls.bought a evo 4g and had not a problem since can't wait to up grade to the new evo lte

Its not the phones. Its sprint. I have 3 lines. Network here is just way over capacity. Hey, I can manage 1.0M to 1.4M if I just use my phone between 1am to 5am

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Were way down the list for network vision. But we have a whole lot of data upgrades listed on the sprint network site. Just hoping those improve things until then.

JohnAlpha

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a lot of the same issues with Sprint all around here. Even in the best coverage from a dBm perspective, the SpeedTest.net app is still just at 1 Mbps in the best case and 200 Kbps in the worst case. It's frustrating when my friends on AT&T are getting 4 - 5 Mbps down.

On the other hand, they're also complaining about AT&T threatening to throttle their speeds on their grandfathered unlimited data plans, so I guess you have to pick your poison.

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I'd kill for good 1Mbps speed. Thats about what most expect from 3G. Really I would be happy as hell with a constant 600kbps. As long as video/sound stream smooth, everything for me is fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc