Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: Sprint LTE Deployment list

Only a few days left in "the first half of the year". Is anyone aware of any updates to this list or to the dates? How's progress going?
    Master of Time and Space

Cool Re: Sprint LTE Deployment list

Mav.
    We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind. 'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by VW Maverick View Post

Mav.
    Sweet! Thanks for the link. I hope it gets updated soon (last updated in Feb). I want me some better 3G speeds.
    Master of Time and Space

Quote Originally Posted by jean15paul View Post
    Sweet! Thanks for the link. I hope it gets updated soon (last updated in Feb). I want me some better 3G speeds.
    Actually, the thread was started in February.
    Latest update was yesterday the 25th.

Mav.
    We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind. 'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

That thread gets updated almost daily! I keep checking to see how many cities have been started. Since my area is in the middle of round 2, I still have to wait a while

Actually, the thread was started in February.
    Latest update was yesterday the 25th.

Mav.
    Ug. If those percentages were Feb numbers than I'd be encouraged. But if those percentages are June numbers, I'm not so optimistic. At this point I'd hope to see numbers averaging around 50%, not 15%.

Sprint Confirming 5 New markets

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by jean15paul View Post
    Ug. If those percentages were Feb numbers than I'd be encouraged. But if those percentages are June numbers, I'm not so optimistic. At this point I'd hope to see numbers averaging around 50%, not 15%.

According to reports, Verizon launches cities with + or - 50% completed. According to that site Sprint is going by that same structure.
    Master of Time and Space

Cool Re: Sprint LTE Deployment list

Mav.

ROM
    Phantom's Blazer V1.6LG2

Well any upgrade would be good here in Seattle.........Clear was supposed to implement Wi-Max here but it never happened.......still stuck in 3g land.......why push LTE equipment if yer not gonna offer the service..........had I really known I'd a probably stayed with greedy AT&T......

Quote Originally Posted by droid976 View Post
    Well any upgrade would be good here in Seattle.........Clear was supposed to implement Wi-Max here but it never happened.......still stuck in 3g land.......why push LTE equipment if yer not gonna offer the service..........had I really known I'd a probably stayed with greedy AT&T......
    Seattle has had WiMAX for some time now.
    Sensorly --- Signal Check Pro --- Root Metrics

Bend, Oregon

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

Can't wait for ATX

Sent from my EVO LTE

If cleveland getting it first wasn't bad enough, philly is also listed as a round 2. I hate you sprint. Show Pittsburgh some love.
    Thanked by:
    Mitri360 likes this.

Mav.
    So when can we expect the 4G LTE to start working according to that link? Not until launch date, or can we expect it to start working after "1st LTE sites"? I live in Minneapolis and am upgrading phones in September. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long for LTE...

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted TouchWiz

as per the rep I talked to last week, he said the plan is to have the entire network upgrade to lte done by June of next year, but at the latest it would be December of next year.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by flyinb501 View Post
    So when can we expect the 4G LTE to start working according to that link? Not until launch date, or can we expect it to start working after "1st LTE sites"? I live in Minneapolis and am upgrading phones in September. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long for LTE...
    Not until the launch date, which is based on having 40% of the towers complete. Although you might have intermittent LTE before then when they are testing.

Mav.

I find it interesting that according to that link, not one of the five cities that has launched has 25% of their sites complete. In fact, three of the cities are well under 20%...which probably explains why many people in those cities are seeing almost no LTE coverage on Sprint.

Furthermore, Chicago is at 38% complete but has not yet launched...and it has the same anticipated launch date as cities with sites complete as low as 5%.

My inference is that the holdup is also being severely constrained by backhaul.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Hampton Roads

One thing about that last Evo LTE update.... I could have sworn I checked the 3G/LTE settings after and made sure that LTE was turned off. I guess not. I was in Chesapeake last night, eating dinner and noticed "4G" appear on my Evo. I thought- "that can't be right, I have heard NOTHING from anywhere about LTE in Hampton Roads since it seemingly dropped off the 'second round' lists many months ago".

So of course I ran a speed test. 16.2Mb/s down and 4.2Mb/s up with 59ms ping! That is faster download than I even get on WiFi at home. Seemed to be only that one tower... I went on a "hunt" drive after and found only 3G in other areas. Later I was in Norfolk and happened to look at my phone and BAM- another 4G connect. That one pulled only 4Mb/s down and 0.8Mb/s up, but I was also in only 2 bars and moving at the time. Just 1/4 mile further, though, and back to 3G and miserable/unusable 28Kb/s down, 10Kb/s up with 800ms ping on 6 bars.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    [...] I was in Chesapeake last night [...] Later I was in Norfolk and happened[...]
    And today I also found a 4G signal in Virginia Beach, near Pembroke.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Still none in philly

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2
    get in da mix

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by djjeffa View Post
    Still none in philly

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2
    Not yet, but it's coming. Check out the left side of this map. There's a tiny blip of LTE. Sure, it's not much now, but it's a start. You just have to be patient. You'll forget your current frustrations in a few months when the rollout is finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint LTE Deployment list-uploadfromtaptalk1361118739101.jpg  

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

LTE in Grand Rapids Michigan. It lit up last night. I don't know how far it goes...

Press releases and Sprint maps are poor sources of information. What really matters is which towers in your area have been NV upgraded. For coverage maps with HOURLY updates go (scroll down and select, "Sprint - 4G"). Of course, they have an too!

Apparently, Sprint has started the PA rollout - you can see an LTE tower between Media and Chadds Ford! That doesn't mean you'll see new towers upgraded every day, but once they start work in an area there's a steady trickle of towers until there are large clouds of coverage.
    Last edited by SERO wireless; 02-24-2013 at 06:46 AM.

They've started turning on towers here and there in the Detroit metro area. Downtown Royal oak, Plymouth, part of the 75 corridor are all on but on the weak side right now.

LTE up at Disney world magic kingdom all the way to the main entrance. Awesome!

Sprint LTE Deployment list-uploadfromtaptalk1362795020879.jpg

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast