Early upgrade "program" going away...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Interesting....

Well like everyone else I guess Sprint falls in line... I would like to believe Sprint will keep the unlimited data going for as long as possible since that is their main draw over its competitors at this point. Eventually one day it will disappear but combining unlimited data with the roll out of their LTE network is a winning combo. After the LTE hype dies down and Sprint sees some return on its expenses to upgrade I think they will eventually phase out the unlimited data as everyone else has done once they see more draw on the unlimited data with better & faster 4g access over what Wimax provides.

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
This does not affect even 1% of the subscriber base.

There are far and few between scenarios when you need to upgrade your phone two weeks before your actual upgrade date.

This is nothing to go crazy over, and certainly shouldn't be headline news, hardly anyone even knew they could do this to begin with in the first place, and it was only an override situation for specific scenarios.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
This does not affect even 1% of the subscriber base.

There are far and few between scenarios when you need to upgrade your phone two weeks before your actual upgrade date.

This is nothing to go crazy over, and certainly shouldn't be headline news, hardly anyone even knew they could do this to begin with in the first place, and it was only an override situation for specific scenarios.

That's why IMO they should have left it alone. Forget the people who just want to upgrade early and there current phone works. Its the ones that have dead phones that will hurt the most from it. I realize its a small percentage but going 2 weeks with no phone because paying 100.00 deductible(for a phone that's potentially two years old) makes no sense when your going to upgrade in two weeks... sucks

Personally I always keep a backup phone laying around for these scenarios but not everyone can or does.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I think part of the point being made here to is Sprint is "quietly" doing so and you can see by the direction of the Sprint doc, they are being somewhat sneaky about it...

Carriers... No one carrier is any better than the next... They will all try and shake your hand with one and being grabbing your wallet with the other.

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
That's why IMO they should have left it alone. Forget the people who just want to upgrade early and there current phone works. Its the ones that have dead phones that will hurt the most from it. I realize its a small percentage but going 2 weeks with no phone because paying 100.00 deductible(for a phone that's potentially two years old) makes no sense when your going to upgrade in two weeks... sucks

Personally I always keep a backup phone laying around for these scenarios but not everyone can or does.

They are continuing to chop overhead like every other business in the world has been doing since 2008/2009.

Anything they can do, to any existing program, they are doing it.

Bottom line, what happens to a company who can't turn a profit?

Specifically, Sprint hasn't turned a profit any quarter for years, only a matter of time.

any changes they've implemented, whether the customer likes it or not, is so they can continue operation.

If the customer base really feels these changes are impacting them negatively, there are other carriers, and can quit there hitching!

I for one, see the value in Sprint, see the potential, and support their changes, in return for a cheaper Bill than the competition, and some great future technology.

If you had a favorite local business, and they were in danger of going under, you would support them to.

If you don't, keep your complaints to yourself, go happily to another company/business.

All this complaining is really getting old, and childish.

Why not actually complain against 'profitable' establishments?

They are the ones stealing your money.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
This shouldn't effect Sprint customers as their phones never come out on release date any way.

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk 2

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
They are continuing to chop overhead like every other business in the world has been doing since 2008/2009.

Anything they can do, to any existing program, they are doing it.

Bottom line, what happens to a company who can't turn a profit?

Specifically, Sprint hasn't turned a profit any quarter for years, only a matter of time.

any changes they've implemented, whether the customer likes it or not, is so they can continue operation.

If the customer base really feels these changes are impacting them negatively, there are other carriers, and can quit there hitching!

I for one, see the value in Sprint, see the potential, and support their changes, in return for a cheaper Bill than the competition, and some great future technology.

If you had a favorite local business, and they were in danger of going under, you would support them to.

If you don't, keep your complaints to yourself, go happily to another company/business.

All this complaining is really getting old, and childish.

Why not actually complain against 'profitable' establishments?

They are the ones stealing your money.

Good point.. I work with many folks in these situations on a daily basis and get caught up in it. I want to see sprint be successful and fully back there cost cutting to be profitable..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc