Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: Anyone with new LTE device in Chicagoland area?

FYI, I spoke with Sprint today because I simply got sick of the dropped calls and lately losing 3g coverage in the south suburbs (Plainfield area). Anyways make the story short... I asked Sprint what they can offer me for the troubles during the Network Vision upgrades?

Ended my conversation with Sprint with very little trouble, $75.00 credited to my account They offered a 25% discount on the last two months bills which totaled out to $75.00 for me.

Also they notated my account for option to buyout 2 months early at $50 per line to get my upgrade sooner. Not worth it in my book but its nice they at least offered and noted it to my account.

Lets hope for LTE & improved 3g in Chicago for all very soon
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Thanked by:
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

That's a pretty nice deal you got Paul627g. If the situation with me missing calls continues I'm definitely be calling them back. As far as data speeds during the week I'm lucky to clock in at 35kbps in the evening hours at home in Oak Park, just off Roosevelt Rd. I actually just ran a speed test at quarter to 8 on Sunday morning and was surprised I was averaging 350kbps up and 160kbps down. Obviously that will change since it's so early in the morning, and on a Sunday.

Wow your getting dropped calls even out in Plainfield? I occasionally have to drive over to one of the warehouses the company I work for owns In Romeoville for meetings (off Weber road just South of the Stevenson) not too far away from you, and I would get fantastic 3G speeds (almost 2mbps up and great call quality) with my old Evo4G. I haven't tried it with my 4GLTE but I'm scheduled to drive over there at the end of this month. Guess I'll see if it's bad as well.
    Last edited by bearballz72; 07-15-2012 at 07:54 AM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Yep even out here in Plainfield we get the dropped calls, missing 3g coverage lately and all the nice crackle crackle crackle on the lines while making a phone call....

Lately the dropped calls is improving and the line noise is almost gone but now were dealing with the on and off 3g coverage which is where I drew the line with Sprint. Just simply told the Sprint CS, theres a point when you have to compensate your customers when you start affecting their calls, 3g coverage, etc.. there is just no excuse.

I was thankful, I had a great rep that handled things with no complaints. He addressed the situation immediately by contacting his manager/supervisor and they got the credit effective even before the call ended.
    Paul

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

same for me in Orland Park/Tinley Park/New Lenox; i called and the CSR didnt really care
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    Well I work in downtown Chicago and 3G speeds here just freaking suck! It took me 4 minutes to connect to the Sprint site. SMH..If I'm not using wifi this phone is pretty much just a giant paper weight!
    Damn sexy that's messed up but I work downtown occasionally and this is always my signal I'm getting a sgs3 as soon as lte hits the city

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone with new LTE device in Chicagoland area?-uploadfromtaptalk1342400752458.jpg  
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

I can't honestly see why all of u in or by my area has these terrible signal and speeds I guess I'm lucky lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Damn sexy that's messed up but I work downtown occasionally and this is always my signal I'm getting a sgs3 as soon as lte hits the city

I use to have the Original Evo, and I got a pretty good 4g signal in my office so I never paid attention to how slow 3g is. I've called Sprint every other day since Buying this phone on the 3rd of the month they have yet to offer me any kind of compensation guess I'm have to call and demand it! The store I purchased it from did say I can bring it in and exchange it for the samsung s3 since they have no more htc lte's in stock, But if it's just Sprint's suckie network that ain't gonna help me, and I'd sure hate to go back to the old Evo! smh
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

My 3g avg about 1.2mb

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    I can't honestly see why all of u in or by my area has these terrible signal and speeds I guess I'm lucky lol

The signal isn't the issue, most people's phone show the same signal strength that they did a year ago.

It's the backend where there is no data throughput and calls get dropped and texts often fail. Essentially the phones can see the towers just fine, just that the data never gets to the network.
    sasha and Ntchwaidumela like this.

Texting has been horrible as of today where they willl come in up to three hours late, if at all. If I toggle airplane mode or make a phone call they all come in at once though.

And my house has always been bad but usable because of the windows, but also as of today it's all 1x or no signal at all, not even roaming.

I'm a realist and not a squeaky wheel by any means. I understand the process that is involved with what they are rolling out but walking past the TMobile store every day makes things pretty difficult, especially with Galaxy Nexus' available directly from Google now at dirt cheap prices.

I was told to expect BIG changes within the next couple of days, at least by Monday. Actually, 4G in my hood has been out for a couple of days. I've had to suffer through the slow 3G with my air card, as well as my phone. Towers are being upgraded. We shall see what we shall see.
    Last edited by Ntchwaidumela; 07-27-2012 at 08:05 PM. Reason: added info
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Quote Originally Posted by Ntchwaidumela View Post
    I was told to expect BIG changes within the next couple of days, at least by Monday. Actually, 4G in my hood has been out for a couple of days. I've had to suffer through the slow 3G with my air card, as well as my phone. Towers are being upgraded. We shall see what we shall see.
    I sure hope so... This is starting to become all to common again after I just started to see improvements recently..

Anyone with new LTE device in Chicagoland area?-uploadfromtaptalk1343440699329.jpg

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

I really could not care less about data at this point, which has of course been solid for once. I'm missing calls and texts left and right and apparently "everything is fine" in my area.

I can be sitting next to someone on a couch and call them and nothing. Text, nothing. The lack of effort from the techs that I am getting ahold of is completely unacceptable.

I hope nobody dies or there is any other emergency between now and Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Yep even out here in Plainfield we get the dropped calls, missing 3g coverage lately and all the nice crackle crackle crackle on the lines while making a phone call....

Lately the dropped calls is improving and the line noise is almost gone but now were dealing with the on and off 3g coverage which is where I drew the line with Sprint. Just simply told the Sprint CS, theres a point when you have to compensate your customers when you start affecting their calls, 3g coverage, etc.. there is just no excuse.

I was thankful, I had a great rep that handled things with no complaints. He addressed the situation immediately by contacting his manager/supervisor and they got the credit effective even before the call ended.

You're clocking in faster than me Paul627g. I clocked in last night at 50kbps down, 10kbps up (sigh). Reminds of the days back in the late 90's when I was using AOL and the ole' dial up modem.
    Last edited by bearballz72; 07-29-2012 at 07:47 AM.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Quote Originally Posted by bearballz72 View Post
    You're clocking in faster than me Paul627g. I clocked in last night at 50kbps down, 10kbps up (sigh). Reminds of the days back in the late 90's when I was using AOL and the ole' dial up modem.
    Yes I hear you. I'm trying to keep faith in Sprint that they will get this upgrade done locally for us very soon.. I know the original scheduled finish date was somewhere around September for the Chicago market so were coming up on that very soon and I know once they learned of the problems they had switching over from the new services to the older legacy equipment they knew they had to push things harder and faster to get it done here due to the all the problems we are getting.
    Paul

Yeah I think Sprint should change their motto from the "NOW network" to the "ANYDAY NOW network" LOL. But I did read on the 4sgru site that they are having one hell of a time swapping out Motorola's legacy equipment to the newer Samsung equipment here in Chicago.
    Last edited by bearballz72; 07-29-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    sasha likes this.

Take it for what it's worth, but the most recent tech I just got off the phone with said that every Illinois customer is supposed to be receiving a billing credit by August or September.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by chud View Post
    Take it for what it's worth, but the most recent tech I just got off the phone with said that every Illinois customer is supposed to be receiving a billing credit by August or September.
    Thanks for the info! Nice to hear Sprint is listening to it's customers and giving a bit back for all the headaches (if it's true that is)....

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

Quote Originally Posted by chud View Post
    i have called many times; nothing about a credit was ever mentioned to me

Quote Originally Posted by RawisTheGameHhH View Post
    i have called many times; nothing about a credit was ever mentioned to me
    Last night was the fourth time I called in this weekend and it was the first time it was mentioned. She brought it up on her own while we were waiting for a phone reboot.

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

at work and no bars; and they said the chicago network vision update should be completed today...UGH

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

i posted this the other day but just noticed it was in the wrong thread

i called again on Friday and was told the upgrade of the towers will be done on monday; which i hope improves my service; i live 20 minutes from work and if i make a call from my house to work; it usually drops 5 times

Well this is what I'm getting today in downtown Chicago, I'll admit it's a little better then it was last week but it still sucks!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone with new LTE device in Chicagoland area?-2012-07-30_13-25-23-picsay-2-.jpg  
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    Well this is what I'm getting today in downtown Chicago, I'll admit it's a little better then it was last week but it still sucks!!
    thats completely unacceptable in my book

Quote Originally Posted by RawisTheGameHhH View Post
    thats completely unacceptable in my book

Your telling me!!
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast