Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

Default Re: Anyone with new LTE device in Chicagoland area?

Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    Your telling me!!
    we all know Sprint's 3G is horrible; but the dropped calls and the fact it takes me 4 or 5 times to send a text message is ridiculous

What really irks me is their reluctance to offer people credit when they know what's going on with the service! I had to call everyday for two weeks straight before I was finally offered a 10 dollar credit which I told them to keep until they ready to put more with it!
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    What really irks me is their reluctance to offer people credit when they know what's going on with the service! I had to call everyday for two weeks straight before I was finally offered a 10 dollar credit which I told them to keep until they ready to put more with it!
    i have not been offered anything; if it doesnt clear up soon i will call retention and tell them im walking and want my price to cancel all of my lines

Well it seems the situation in the near west 'burbs seems to be getting a bit better. Just for the heck of it I ran a speed test this morning before I left for work and it was clocking in at 800kbps down and around 120kbps up.

Granted it was 6:00 in the morning but it was one of the best speed times I've had at home (I'll try it at home tonight and see if it was just the fact that nobody was really on the network that early).

Also the dropped calls have leveled off as well. Far from ideal, but getting better.

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

dropped a call 3 times on the way home from work still

I live in the Lakeview area. My 3G service is horrible! I suggest you wait until the LTE service is up and running. Otherwise, you'll be ready to pull your hair out. I never thought I would hate Sprint, but I do now. They're going to have to really work harder than ever to re-earn any respect from me. What good is having the best device available, if all you can do is make calls...sometimes?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Not every device nor provider is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.

Sprint Note 3
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
    Chromecast

Keep the faith! The quality of Sprint service in my area has gone from truly miserable to really excellent. LTE here is like suddenly having fast open WiFi everywhere I go.

HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Thanked by:
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

Keeping the faith.... Its like a roller coaster here in the burbs of Chicago...

One day awesome 3g.... Next day back to dial up days.... I know its the ongoing testing, transferring of equipment, etc... Can't wait until its finished...

Funny part is old WiMax 4g has been rocking all the sudden the few days at my house... I rarely and mean rarely ever get 4g let alone wake up this morning to my phone pegged with 4 bars of 4g/Wimax signal... Go figure o_0
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by RawisTheGameHhH View Post
    i have called many times; nothing about a credit was ever mentioned to me
    U have to call in and request one worked for me they gave me 35 dollars credit because I couldn't use my phone for a day but ever since then perfect service in Chicago IMHO

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Keeping the faith.... Its like a roller coaster here in the burbs of Chicago...

One day awesome 3g.... Next day back to dial up days.... I know its the ongoing testing, transferring of equipment, etc... Can't wait until its finished...

Funny part is old WiMax 4g has been rocking all the sudden the few days at my house... I rarely and mean rarely ever get 4g let alone wake up this morning to my phone pegged with 4 bars of 4g/Wimax signal... Go figure o_0
    I've gotten 4g in most of Illinois Dan ville Rockford Chicago heights Harvey mostly all bars and this was before the nv started here

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    CM10 Nightlies

woke up this morning to lte here in joliet, but i'm only seeing about 3mb/s unfortunately :/

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

service still sucks for me; so much for the upgrades being completed 7/30

In Joliet right nowAnyone with new LTE device in Chicagoland area?-uploadfromtaptalk1344356461712.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    In Joliet right nowClick image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1344356461712.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	33806

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    i am in new lenox; no LTE

Well it seems the network is back to its usual sucky self. Back to dial-up like speeds, missed a bunch of calls.

Really trying to roll with this but it's getting hard.

Quote Originally Posted by bearballz72 View Post
    Well it seems the network is back to its usual sucky self. Back to dial-up like speeds, missed a bunch of calls.

Really trying to roll with this but it's getting hard.
    Seems so. I was missing calls left and right yesterday here in elgin. Calls weren't even making it to my phone. I was just being notified that I have a new voicemail. Not to mention the 3g speeds are in the low double digits of kbps. Argh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    Seems so. I was missing calls left and right yesterday here in elgin. Calls weren't even making it to my phone. I was just being notified that I have a new voicemail. Not to mention the 3g speeds are in the low double digits of kbps. Argh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    you've only been experiencing it for a day? i have for about a month; i have called them many times and they do nothing
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

One day folks... Maybe one day we will see Sprint get it right....

Our luck does run great don't it? Chicago happens to be the only city so far that has been having all these difficulties upgrading from this older legacy Motorola equipment to the newer dare I say it.. "Samsung" equipment...
    Paul

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    One day folks... Maybe one day we will see Sprint get it right....

Our luck does run great don't it? Chicago happens to be the only city so far that has been having all these difficulties upgrading from this older legacy Motorola equipment to the newer dare I say it.. "Samsung" equipment...
    i understand that; but at least offer me a credit instead of saying there are no open tickets or wait a week it should clear up
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #70  

i understand that; but at least offer me a credit instead of saying there are no open tickets or wait a week it should clear up
    I'm surprised they are giving you a hassle on that. I called and complained back a few weeks ago and was issues a 25% credit for the last two months on my bills. Totaled out to $75 instant credit on my account.

Here was the first the first bill it appeared on, a few days later they credited the remaining $45 to my next billing cycle.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone with new LTE device in Chicagoland area?-sprint-monthly-statement-mozilla-firefox_2012-08-10_10-54-51.jpg  
    Paul

Although my frustration level is at an all-time high, my experience with the CS reps I've spoken with (7 times) has been excellent. I've experienced all the same issues you guys have with my phone, but also with my aircard (can't even connect to WiMax). The latest word is that some of the towers have been converted/upgraded, but they're not open yet because they're being monitored/tested to make sure all is well before they're put online. So we just have to be patient. By the way, I was given $100 in total credits for my inconvenience.

(Aside) After a round of golf in St. John's Indiana, we stopped in the McDonald's off 394. I was able to pay for our meals using Google Wallet and the LTE signal was super strong and faster than fast. So I think we're going to be very happy when LTE finally hits the city.

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

sprint has till November to fix this issue; if not resolved then i will be forced to leave which i dont really want to do
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #73  

I just used my daughters upgrades on their lines so I'm here for another 2 years

I live mostly on wifi so its not as big of an issue to me, but that still is not excuse for the service. It will get better, it has too at this point I don't think it can get any worse....
    Paul

you've only been experiencing it for a day? i have for about a month; i have called them many times and they do nothing
    No i have been having issues for months. But the past two weeks seemed as though the call aspect of it was acting normal until yesterday for me

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

i am 20 minutes from home to work; if i make a call from my house it will drop at least 3 times and i can guarantee exactly where it will 2 times
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast