Thinking of switching from VZW to Sprint.. Have a question.

bkosh84

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, me and my wife are looking to probably switch from VZW to Sprint in the next couple of months and we have a question. We want to keep our phone numbers and port them over to Sprint from VZW and we were wondering if we can sign up online or do we have to do it in-store. The reason I ask is because I would like to take advantage of the Everything Plus Referral Program. Anyone have an idea?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Im pretty sure when you go to buy a device offline it will ask you if you would like to port a phone number. You will need your Verizon contract number handy and phone numbers. ALSO NOTE!! If you plan to port your number DO NOT CLOSE YOUR VERIZON ACCOUNT FIRST. Or you risk losing your phone number.

After the port is done Sprint will tell Verizon. It will then end your contract. Give it a few days and call Verizon to confirm that your account has been closed.

Should be easy for you to do. I know when I did it at the Sprint store it took it 2-3 hours to port my number over when I changed to Sprint back in 2009 for the Palm Pre-! Now I am on ATT. This time I picked up a new number! It was time for a change! I hope this helps you out! Also make sure Sprint has good coverage in your area first! Otherwise enjoy the savings and get an awesome device! HTC Evo LTE maybe?

Cheers!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, me and my wife are looking to probably switch from VZW to Sprint in the next couple of months and we have a question. We want to keep our phone numbers and port them over to Sprint from VZW and we were wondering if we can sign up online or do we have to do it in-store. The reason I ask is because I would like to take advantage of the Everything Plus Referral Program. Anyone have an idea?

You can sign up online and still port your existing numbers.

Do not cancel your Verizon lines. It will be done automatically.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Check and see at one time two years ago to be exact, Sprint offered $50.00 credit if your switching and porting from another carrier.: easy moneyD

sent from my Evo4LTE