Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Greater Sacramento, CA area. On my Epic 4G Touch. Several network vision upgrades over the last few months. My data seems worse since last year, but not by much. I was at a Sprint store the other day a few miles away and the guy was saying you should average 1mbps on 3g on average to a new customer. I almost laughed in his face and asked him what the hell are you talking about. Then another rep said something about all of Sacramento has 4g that was also hilarious. I talked to that guy for a while and found out he has At&t lol. So he repeats the same garbage some other rep told him. These speeds are pathetic and pretty much no matter were I drive in the Sacramento area I can't use data because it is too slow. My GPS never works, can't listen to Pandora most of the time. Horrible.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official Sprint network speed thread (post your speeds)-uploadfromtaptalk1342959138160.jpg   The official Sprint network speed thread (post your speeds)-uploadfromtaptalk1342959161072.jpg  

Default Re: The official Sprint network speed thread (post your speeds)

Quote Originally Posted by kg4icg View Post
    Not according to some people who are having problems in other states on Verizon in which there is a thread on this forum about it.
    That's the whole thing for any provider, it depends on where you are. Verizon LTE in the Lehigh Valley PA is fast. You just have to find people near where you would use your phone that already have the provider you want to see how fast it is.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantJay View Post
    Greater Sacramento, CA area. On my Epic 4G Touch. Several network vision upgrades over the last few months. My data seems worse since last year, but not by much. I was at a Sprint store the other day a few miles away and the guy was saying you should average 1mbps on 3g on average to a new customer. I almost laughed in his face and asked him what the hell are you talking about. Then another rep said something about all of Sacramento has 4g that was also hilarious. I talked to that guy for a while and found out he has At&t lol. So he repeats the same garbage some other rep told him. These speeds are pathetic and pretty much no matter were I drive in the Sacramento area I can't use data because it is too slow. My GPS never works, can't listen to Pandora most of the time. Horrible.

Network Vision has yet to come to your area. There are links in my signature for more info.

QUICK LINKS:
    NETWORK UPDATE MAPS
    Network Vision/LTE Deployment
    GET A SPRINT MONTHLY DISCOUNT
    CHECK YOUR SPRINT UPGRADE ELIGIBILITY DATE
    SPRINT CUSTOMER SERVICE REP VIA ONLINE CHAT
    WHERE DOES YOUR STATE RANK WITH WIRELESS TAXES & FEES?
    $62.49/mo.

In lewisville, tx yesterday good speeds but still kind of spotty

Sent from my EVO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official Sprint network speed thread (post your speeds)-uploadfromtaptalk1342986125263.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by 541rrhse View Post
    Under network update maps there have been several upgrades in my area in the last six months. 95660

Sent from my Epic 4g Touch

Under network update maps there have been several upgrades in my area in the last six months. 95660

Those are simple minor upgrades scheduled prior, not "Network Vision". "Network Vision" is a major network overhaul and rebuild this is a multi year project.

This is "Network Vision"

New Sprint network explained

Network Vision/LTE Deployment Running List - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

Where is that metro area/Zip Code listed in regards to "Network Vision"? It doesn't appear to be part of the SF Bay Area market. I'm not a sponsor of that site, those who are can find specific maps of each tower site and upgrade dates/status for them.

Hope this clears things up.

Network Vision/LTE Deployment Running List - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

Where is that metro area/Zip Code listed in regards to "Network Vision"? It doesn't appear to be part of the SF Bay Area market. I'm not a sponsor of that site, those who are can find specific maps of each tower site and upgrade dates/status for them.

Hope this clears things up.
    Its North Highlands, Ca a suburb of Sacramento. I'm about 100 miles from the bay.

Those are simple minor upgrades scheduled prior, not "Network Vision". "Network Vision" is a major network overhaul and rebuild this is a multi year project.

This is "Network Vision"

New Sprint network explained

Click to view quoted image
    This is network vision. Just because there isn't 4g lte being deployed doesn't mean anything. All of these upgrades to 3g is what network vision is also. 3g is mostly all I care about since I don't have an lte phone until the next Nexus phone comes out. And if I actually got 1mbps download like Sprint tells its customers I would be happy. So I just hope in the near future Sprints network truly does improve.

This is network vision. Just because there isn't 4g lte being deployed doesn't mean anything. All of these upgrades to 3g is what network vision is also. 3g is mostly all I care about since I don't have an lte phone until the next Nexus phone comes out. And if I actually got 1mbps download like Sprint tells its customers I would be happy. So I just hope in the near future Sprints network truly does improve.

Yes it will when Network Vision is completed.

"Network Vision" = Fiber and/or Microwave installations.

Your metro area will not be touched most likely until second half 2013. Network Vision is beyond just LTE and data capacity upgrades, it's a physical overhaul. What you are referencing is simple data and capacity upgrades that's it, not Fiber or Microwave installations(Network Vision) this has not happened in your area. Some NV/LTE markets aren't even getting 3G upgrades active simultaneously.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/e...city-for-2012/

The official Sprint network speed thread (post your speeds)-uploadfromtaptalk1343004302603.jpg

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

Well this is what I'm working with
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official Sprint network speed thread (post your speeds)-2012-07-30_14-25-38.jpg  
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S5
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #113  

Update for New Orleans, LA.

Recently my average speeds in New Orleans have dropped from about 400 kbps (3G) to 100 - 200 kpbs (3G) which makes a big different in my user experience. But interestingly, where I work in Slidell, LA (a city 20 minutes outside of New Orleans), I've been getting 1 - 2 Mbps (3G), which is great. I'm wondering if someone in my building has a Airwave hooked up to the LAN or something, or if Slidell speeds are just that much better.

Also of note, I just got back from vacation in Sandestin, FL, and I was getting up to 3Mbps (3G) there, which was great for tethering since the hotel charged for wifi.

Sorry I don't have screenshots, but I've been flashing ROMs lately, so my SpeedTest data is gone.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #114  

Quote Originally Posted by jean15paul View Post
    Update for New Orleans, LA.

Recently my average speeds in New Orleans have dropped from about 400 kbps (3G) to 100 - 200 kpbs (3G) which makes a big different in my user experience. But interestingly, where I work in Slidell, LA (a city 20 minutes outside of New Orleans), I've been getting 1 - 2 Mbps (3G), which is great. I'm wondering if someone in my building has a Airwave hooked up to the LAN or something, or if Slidell speeds are just that much better.

Also of note, I just got back from vacation in Sandestin, FL, and I was getting up to 3Mbps (3G) there, which was great for tethering since the hotel charged for wifi.

Sorry I don't have screenshots, but I've been flashing ROMs lately, so my SpeedTest data is gone.
    Update on New Orleans / Slidell speeds: So like I said, I've been getting 200 kbps in New Orleans but 2 Mbps at work in Slidell, LA. I did a speed test 2 blocks away from my work while I was getting an oil change in Slidell and I got ~200 kpbs. So I'm convinced that some manager has an airwave hooked up to the LAN in his/her office.

Question Re: The official Sprint network speed thread (post your speeds)

I love all the post. Great info .Its seems I'm on the higher end of this test. I have(3g) 1+mbps with good signal some fluke 2+mbps in great signal. I'm in starke fl and they have one tower with a speed upgrade completed . But that tower only went to about 500kbps. I'm not sure about its speed prior to the upgrade. Try to keep a close eye on your speeds to see if the upgade helps or not.btw I'm using a Evo Shift with cm7 /scary kernel and oc to 1.9ghz. 4417 on antutu. And a app called apn backup to change the proxy to 0. Same idea as the 3g hack. also the app called network refresh pro seems to help along with another app called open signal(last update added a refresh nework).

St. Louis, Mo

Sent from EVO 4g LTE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official Sprint network speed thread (post your speeds)-uploadfromtaptalk1345583719686.jpg  

Thank God I left Sprint for greener pastures lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

St. Joseph, MO
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official Sprint network speed thread (post your speeds)-uploadfromtaptalk1345586929208.jpg  

HTC EVO 4G LTE
    My 4G LTE in Loganville, GA
    Speed and unlimited data!
    The official Sprint network speed thread (post your speeds)-uploadfromtaptalk1345599848447.jpg

This is in Atlanta where lte and upgraded 3g supposed to be at

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official Sprint network speed thread (post your speeds)-uploadfromtaptalk1345686761382.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Dat_guy_Juan View Post
    This is in Atlanta where lte and upgraded 3g supposed to be at

That's downright criminal.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Just got my fastest speed yet. Loving LTE.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official Sprint network speed thread (post your speeds)-uploadfromtaptalk1346462432391.jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official Sprint network speed thread (post your speeds)-uploadfromtaptalk1346628069007.jpg  

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official Sprint network speed thread (post your speeds)-uploadfromtaptalk1346628609598.jpg  

Here's mine... Weak... Other speeds are my Comcast..

Metro Detroit, Downriver Area... No WiMAX... No LTE.. No Network Vision... = No Love
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official Sprint network speed thread (post your speeds)-uploadfromtaptalk1346629474169.jpg  
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast