The official Sprint network speed thread (post your speeds)

ktown081

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
My first lte tower hit in central texas

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354490934984.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354490934984.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 71

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My friends Sprint S3 got 280k/Bs sitting in my living room yesterday. She said " Is that good?" I kinda laughed to myself and said heck yes. After that I was hitting over 100k/Bs on a constant basis. Perhaps our patience is finally going to pay off. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You guys are making me jealous. Here is a speed test I just ran in Memphis, TN.

Set it to show k/Bs. Gives a better indication of speed. Fear not though, the speeds I'm tackling about are coming from right around the other side of your state. :)

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Set it to show k/Bs. Gives a better indication of speed. Fear not though, the speeds I'm tackling about are coming from right around the other side of your state. :)

Here is the speed test with it set to kB/s:

Attachments

• 2012-12-16 09.35.18.png
    2012-12-16 09.35.18.png
    424.8 KB · Views: 41

mragland22

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Sprint 4g LTE is a joke in San Antonio. My wimax Evo 3d used to get an average of 3mbps at work and home. Sometimes peak at 9mbps. I got my SGNote 2 Monday and my speeds have been 200-300 kbps on 4g LTE. I would time out trying to log into this forum or even trying to hit the Play Store. I don't even get an LTE signal at my house which is between 2 wimax 4g towers. Now I read Sprint mvno clients Boost and Virgin are throttling heavy users with unlimited data plans. Is it true if Sprint changes terms of my contact then I can cancel all 4 lines of service after 13 years and go to att or Verizon without early termination fees?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Well first off, you are saying some interesting things. The woman towers have very little to do with the lte stuff unless the are due to get upgraded. When they announce that an area has lte, it doesn't mean it is done, very far from it. They usually announce at like forty percent complete. I won go to sensorly . com and see if your house is covered and at what strength. You may be at the very edge like I am. When I hit a good area, I get as good if not better speeds than when I was with Verizon. Are one 20 down or so.

Next, boost and virgin changing policies have nothing to do with your sprint contract. If you are on boost, you may be able to get out of it. But sprint just rents the bandwidth to them.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well first off, you are saying some interesting things. The woman towers have very little to do with the lte stuff unless the are due to get upgraded. When they announce that an area has lte, it doesn't mean it is done, very far from it. They usually announce at like forty percent complete. I won go to sensorly.com and see if your house is covered and at what strength. You may be at the very edge like I am. When I hit a good area, I get as good if not better speeds than when I was with Verizon. Are one 20 down or so.

Next, boost and virgin changing policies have nothing to do with your sprint contract. If you are on boost, you may be able to get out of it. But sprint just rents the bandwidth to them.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

+1 for "woman towers"...lmao!!! :p

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The woman towers have very little to do with the lte stuff unless the are due to get upgraded.

Actually, the Wimax towers have nothing to do with LTE. Any Wimax towers are Clearwire's towers. LTE is not being added to Clearwire's towers. It's being added to Sprint's towers. Clearwire's towers may be upgraded to 2500MHz LTE in the future, but not as part of Network Vision.

mragland22

May 19, 2012
Visit site
The point I was making is that sitting at my desk with 3 to 4 lte bars I still only get 50-500 kbps. My 4g connection goes in and out (4 bars down to 3g) like a Prairie dog in his burrow without me moving my phone 1 inch. They are supposed to reach "full" 4g LTE coverage in San Antonio by June of next year. We shall see, but I am hopeful.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Actually, the Wimax towers have nothing to do with LTE. Any Wimax towers are Clearwire's towers. LTE is not being added to Clearwire's towers. It's being added to Sprint's towers. Clearwire's towers may be upgraded to 2500MHz LTE in the future, but not as part of Network Vision.

Except that Sprint bought Clearwire and those towers are now theirs so I am kinda guessing they will be part of NV

Sprint buys Clearwire for $2.2 billion | ZDNet

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The point I was making is that sitting at my desk with 3 to 4 lte bars I still only get 50-500 kbps. My 4g connection goes in and out (4 bars down to 3g) like a Prairie dog in his burrow without me moving my phone 1 inch. They are supposed to reach "full" 4g LTE coverage in San Antonio by June of next year. We shall see, but I am hopeful.

The signal bars don't gauge lte signal. That's your voice signal

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks