Thinking about switching to VZN, ETF and Subsidized phone Q???

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
So I joined sprint 2 yrs ago with EVO 4G, then upgraded to EP touch last year Oct because Sprint gave me a courtesy upgrade (so I still paid 200 bucks last year).

And now I am already itching to get a new device. I am looking at the EVO LTE which frankly I love... but evaluating how I use my device, I figured my biggest peeve right now is actually the network speed.....

I hate waiting for video to load, pages to refresh.. and i don't mind paying more for that... and i realize sprint's LTE is probably not going to do it for me... maybe in 2 years.. but i am tired of waiting for network vision deployment... i am in bay area... and wi max is still spotty at best...

So that brought me to thinking about switching to verizon for GS3.... and i guess my question is.. given I am not even 1 yr into the contract.. i know i would have to pay ETF for sure....

but IF i get gs3 from VZN, am i eligible to the new contract pricing of 200 anyways??? (given it's a different carrier)???

if it is.. then the phone is 200 bucks, and ETF is 300 ish?? ... then total is still 500 bucks??? that's actually CHEAPER than if I were to stay with sprint, and buy the EVO LTE off contract..

is that right???

thanks

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
A contract with one carrier has nothing to do with a contract with another carrier.

Heck one contract with a carrier has no bearing on another contract with the same carrier for that matter.

Stbrightman

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Math seems right. My question to you would be are you figuring in the extra $$$ every month for vz? I'm currently on verizon with two months to go on my contract (droid x) and I'm counting the days until I can move to sprint. The price difference is staggering to say the least. right now I pay 143$/mo for family shared 2000 mins, unlimited text, and of the two lines only mine has data (unlimited, which is going/gone away). At sprint, I'm looking at two lines, 1500 mins and BOTH with data for 132$ (corporate discount). Vz doesn't have unlimited to any mobile, only vz to vz, which makes a large difference in our usage. All said and done, it would be 65$/month more for the same two lines on Verizon. I can't imagine the Sprint network being slow enough to justify paying that much more per month. Vz is charging 50$ for 5 gb of data now,, yikes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

woolster22

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
If start off Verizon if you are worried about price...the sputtered it's nice but sprints doing a good job of playing catch up with the network. Also got the go ahead to start phasing out the old towers and upgrading them to 4g. I like their chances if they keep consumer costs remotely reasonable. Take a look at the new shared data garbage, you are looking at one gig for ninety a month...you can blow through that in a few hours if you wanted to.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol