PolynesianMedic

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm about to walk away from Verizon and my beloved, rooted Incredible running ICS, and I needed some help. Here is my issue, I want either the SGSIII, or the Evo 4g LTE. If I can spring for the $200 cost, which would you get and why? The other issue is if I can't spring for the $ what else does Sprint have that's cheaper and good to go with? Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to see you go PM, but to your question... If you live in a strong signal area I'd go with the SIII. You know it's going to have good dev support. If you don't live in a strong coverage area then the Radio in the HTC is probably better.

Good luck!

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Both good choices.
I, personally, have and love Sprint's Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Go to your local Sprint store and check them out for yourself. Play around with each and make your choice.
The non-Nexus phones have added their own overlays to the OS.
HTC has Sense and Samsung has Touchwiz on top of ICS. (Hope I got that right)
The Nexus has none of that. Pure unadultereted vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich.
But, to each their own. All three have their good and bad points.
Welcome to Sprint.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future per SkyNet via a Galaxy Nexus.

PolynesianMedic

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Pville, I can get 4 smart phones for less than I'm paying for 2 and 2 feature phones on Verizon. I'm sorry to go too, especially since I had my eye on the incredible 4g, but money talks.

As far as the phones go, are there any others that would be good alternatives if I can't cover the $200 price tag?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
If you want something high end, the only Sprint phones I'd consider are the Evo LTE, GS3, or the GNex. If you're open to something entry level, the LG Viper is decent, has LTE, and is reasonably priced. Everything else Sprint is selling now is either crap or is overpriced for last generation hardware.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1