Evo lte or GS3?

yofat004

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather buy the GS3 because it has the 2gb ram chip. That would allow you to run some damn good games and some pretty smooth multitasking. I'm a fan of the deep blacks in Samsung's amoled screens and they make dark Holo themes looks pretty slick.

Other than these 2 reasons I don't see a huge difference between the two devices since they both have Krait S4 processors, pretty large screens, removable batteries, and you can't expect either to have speedy updates past ICS on Sprint. I would end up running AOSP rooms on either device but HTC Sense does seem to be more lightweight and it's less heavily skinned compared to TouchWiz.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The evo lte doesn't have removable battery....and its always a possibility that they'll lock the boot loader aside from their "unlocking" tool.....some would say the evo lte has the best looking screen and the best camera........but either way you probably can't go wrong with either one. Me, I'm looking at gsIII( but will probably go gnex...... if the sprint gnex gets the same treatment as the ns4g as being an aosp phone)....I won't buy HTC products anymore.....been nothing but trouble for me and people I know....

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
There's been a ton of these, so rather than summize...let me sum up:

Build quality - Evo by a mile

Multi tasking - Galaxy s3 by a mile

Microsd card - wash

UI - subjective...but sense is more ice and less Samsung....by a mile

Onboard storage - wash...and yes there are more options for galaxy s 3 but the price doesn't justify the extra expense...I wouldn't consider spending 50$ on a 16gb USB stick would u?

Screen - Evo by a mile. There will be those that argue "deep blacks" this and "vivid colors" that...but you can't argue that the display on the galaxy S3 is in any way superior to the Evo LTE

Antennas - i can't comment on LTE yet since its not on....but the wifi antenna on the Evo is vastly superior and you can see that in side by side testing

GPS - wash? I'm guessing since I haven't seen a mass of complaints about it from GS3 owners

Update speed and potential - HTC by a long flame trailed mile...as evidence by how many galaxy S2 owners there are here in the states without ICS....not to mention galaxy tabs, galaxy s 1 owners not on even gingerbread...I can go on and on about this all day.

Cameras - another wash...Samsung would have this in the bag if you were guarenteed the Wolfson sensor.. but there's reports of multiple solutions out there in the wild

Dev community- Samsung by a mile...the Evo late is one device on one carrier....the galaxy s 3 existist almost consistently across all four carriers plus some little guys.

Hope that helps!

Jack

Sent from my Evo LTE using 3g...because Sprint needs to get their collective asses in gear

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I have an upgrade coming in October, so I'm trying to get everyone's opinion on both. Those are the phones I'm looking at getting.

Sent from my Evo 3d using Tapatalk!

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd probably go Evo LTE if I wasn't planning on rooting because it has a better UI and will probably get speedier updates. But if I was definitely going to root I'd go GS3 because of the 2GB of RAM and better dev support.

But I'm very happy with my Sprint GNex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Evo for build quality

Sent from my EVO LTE

I used to agree with you, but Samsung seems to have improved their build quality and HTC's wasn't that good last year. I've seen a lot of people post that they went through a number of Evo 3Ds because of defects when they first came out. And a Sprint tech told me that a number of people are starting to bring in year-old Evo 3Ds for screen problems. I don't know how the Evo LTE is doing, but this has made me lose a little faith in HTC's build quality.

Now if you mean metal vs plastic, then that's just a personal preference.

derek5l

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I mean that i have never seen a Samsung phone survive even light drops, and all htc phones seem to survive anything. Ymmv

Sent from my EVO LTE

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Ahh...first world problems ...where we use "appauled' to describe how we feel about a cell phone, and the same word to use how we feel about a pike of like Sandusky for being a pedophile

Sent from my Evo LTE using 3g...because Sprint needs to get their collective asses in gear

derek5l

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Ahh...first world problems ...where we use "appauled' to describe how we feel about a cell phone, and the same word to use how we feel about a pike of like Sandusky for being a pedophile

Lmao

Sent from my EVO LTE

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site

FYI, appalled means to be dismayed. When it comes to pedophilia I am considerably more than dismayed. I would hope you agree.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21