1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LTE - Any idea what we are looking at?

I know Sprint has zero LTE coverage right now, but I originally left Sprint for Verizon simply for the network.

I am considering going back to sprint now that LTE is hitting my city this week simply because Sprint always treated me well and Verizon is constantly trying to screw everyone over.

My question is - is Sprint's LTE going to be comparable to Verizons? In other words, this isn't going to be 4 megs down max with "LTE" slapped on it, is it?

Further question - once LTE goes live this week in select cites, will the network in these cities continue to see major improvements to the network over the next 1-2 years? Or will they simply flip the switch and leave it as is?

Thanks for any info!

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Re: LTE - Any idea what we are looking at?

From everything I have read every sprint tower is getting network vision upgrades, which includes lte. They are going market by market. Most markets will go live before the whole market is complete. Speeds I thought were suppose in the 10-15 meg range. Check out s4gru.com for more info.

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xplod View Post
    From everything I have read every sprint tower is getting network vision upgrades, which includes lte. They are going market by market. Most markets will go live before the whole market is complete. Speeds I thought were suppose in the 10-15 meg range. Check out s4gru.com for more info.
    Thought it was 10-15 as well

Sent from my EVO LTE

ROM
    Stock

Sprint has comment saying it will have peak downloads of up to 42mbps

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth 4.2.2/Lean

Default Re: LTE - Any idea what we are looking at?

I wish they would light it up in pensacola, fl.! we have one hotspot that gives blazing speeds in this town that only ranges 2 miles at best! why is that??