Anyone else having MASSIVE upgrade problems?

Grebnehtor

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm a premier customer and have had an account with Sprint since June of last year. I should of had an upgrade but didn't because they moved my upgrades around when I added a second line this year. I've been trying to resolve this for almost 2 months now and haven't gotten anywhere and they tell me I "should" be good in August? WTF is that? I thought a perk of being a premier customer was upgrades every year? I've either been told I'll get called back, never happens, randomly disconnected from the chat reps or told flat out wrong information over the phone. I almost don't want to upgrade and just buy the thing outright and move to another carrier next year.

Anyone else have an incredibly frustrating time on with these guys? Wish I could say everything has been going smooth, but it hasn't!

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
dude to get my upgrade, since best buy doesn't handle business accounts period, i had to port my number over to my personal line, use one of my premiere upgrades there, and port it back to my business account. And do this my self because the bb mobile people had were like chickens with their heads cut off. I'm thankful i got a good CS rep who understood what i was trying to do.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
This has happened to others I have seen. When you added a new line they made that your premier. That line has already had a phone upgrade/purchase this year, and won't be eligible for 12 months. Your other lines are not premier too, it only applies to that new line you added.

You can switch the premier over to your other line, the line it should be on, but that won't help you for several months (as they mentioned, August).

Not so sure about your other customer service issues with not getting called back, randomly disconnected, or told the wrong information. They mix things up sometimes, but have generally good and true customer service.

darrylb1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
the people in the sprint store can move the upgrades around if they want to. they can then switch the numbers around so that you get the evo. again, if they want.
i know because june 4 i used my daughters upgrade, without her knowledge, to get an evo. it ended up with her number. the sprint store then switched the evo to my number and reactivated her number on her phone. in the end i ended up with a fully working, but no service htc touchpro2 and the evo. i have 4 lines so there is always an upgrade lying around.
in your case if there ever was an upgrade coming you can request they take the time to go through the steps to allow you to take advantage.

bluediablito

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
i had the same problem with my account and my wife account, in anticipation of the evo i spoke to a sprint rep over the phone and like you, i spend a few weeks going back and forward. i even went to the store and spoke to some one but they dint change anything for me. (even do i been out of a contract since feb. at some point i was pist that i told the sales rep i wanted to close my account and that i was going to atnt.

Long story short. sprint fulfilled my wife contract with no penalty and she got an iphone. i payed full price for the evo.

good luck with that.

Grebnehtor

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Well 2 seperate reps called me today and took care of it. I wasn't asking for anything that I was told I wouldn't get. They both were very nice and had the Evo been in stock, I'd have it tomorrow in my hands. Unfortunately they aren't instock till maybe Friday I was told. Oh well, I'm very happy they handled it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol