Debating on cancelling sprint and going to at&t. Input anyone?

el_mariach

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
So I've become fed up with the gsm android phones getting more support than the cdma versions. But my biggest thing is not knowing if I should. Anyone have experience with at&t? Just tired of getting left out of updates. I'm trying to stay with nexus devices.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Debating on cancelling sprint and going to at&t. Input anyone

I switched to ATT last month for the SIII launch. But better than Sprint. It will cost you about $10 or so a month more. I am enjoying ATT and they have great CS at my local corp store! Did I mention I no longer have to deal with a dial network?

The grass is for sure greener on the ATT side!

Reactions: el_mariach

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I switched to ATT last month for the SIII launch. But better than Sprint. It will cost you about $10 or so a month more. I am enjoying ATT and they have great CS at my local corp store! Did I mention I no longer have to deal with a dial network?

Have you done a speed test before and after?

sent from EVO4GLTE

el_mariach

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Sweet. I'll have to hop on it once I get the chance then. Looks like I'm AT&T bound!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

sgirard1991

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I had at&t for years, loved it. Never had a single issue. Prices were fair, data connection fast, great call quality, and great phones! The only thing i didnt like was that they cap ur data usage, like verizon. Wish i could go back but get very poor coverage where i currently live.

Sent from my MB612 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: el_mariach

P_M_G

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

yep enjoy your capped data....more network for the rest of us!

AT&T sucked in my area which led me to Sprint, which sucks only slightly less, but it's cheaper and UNLIMITED vs the others.

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have att with an s3 and my brother has sprint with a photon he has unlimited data which I envy but even even though he has a motto phone with a better radio i get better signal and speeds.....I know I have 4g late but I switch it to hspa+ to be fair

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

el_mariach

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
yep enjoy your capped data....more network for the rest of us!

AT&T sucked in my area which led me to Sprint, which sucks only slightly less, but it's cheaper and UNLIMITED vs the others.

Well I'm in Louisville and the service is usually horrible to nonexistent. So its whatever. As far as data usage I'm usually in Wi-Fi all day so that doesn't phase me. Hmmm and just the fact that sprint hasn't been so nice to me here lately us what added to my decision. I'm not asking them to bend backwards but that's whatever as well. Basically I'm more after the better android support. It seems to be GSM phones get updated earlier and faster than their cdma counterparts. I know I read somewhere that Google even said that they had no plans at the moment of updating sprint's galaxy nexus, which is kind of a bummer cause I was planning on getting that. The nexus s 4g is on the list to get updated but when? Who knows. Just seems to be sprint gets left out a lot or maybe sprint doesn't care. I don't know, but I do know GSM android usually get their updates where as I am left dreaming and wondering if my phone will ever get there. :-/

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site

Well I was on ATT for about 10 years before I bolted. The biggest issue for me was the constant dropped calls. I live in Chicago and ATT is terrible, if you're downtown the voice and data are really bad.

I've had a pretty good experience with Sprint. Yes, their 3G speeds are slow as molasses but once LTE is lit up it shouldn't be an issue (hopefully).

I guess you have to ask yourself this: "Should I bolt now and go to ATT or Verizon, pay more $, get capped data, and pray I get good reception and data speeds. Or stick with Sprint, pay less $, get unlimited data, and pray that LTE is lit up before my contract ends and it's fast enough for my needs"......

el_mariach

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I guess you have to ask yourself this: "Should I bolt now and go to ATT or Verizon, pay more $, get capped data, and pray I get good reception and data speeds. Or stick with Sprint, pay less $, get unlimited data, and pray that LTE is lit up before my contract ends and it's fast enough for my needs"......

I've thought about that but unfortunately the last time they went around putting 4G in the bigger cities and when it came to Louisville (one of the bigger cities of Kentucky) they decided not to set up shop here. And the way you describe att service is about the same for me here. In fact I'm sitting on the line right now trying talk to some one about this and for some reason my cancellation fee is 300 dollars. Which is unusually high. Hmmm.......

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm in Louisville and the service is usually horrible to nonexistent. So its whatever. As far as data usage I'm usually in Wi-Fi all day so that doesn't phase me. Hmmm and just the fact that sprint hasn't been so nice to me here lately us what added to my decision. I'm not asking them to bend backwards but that's whatever as well. Basically I'm more after the better android support. It seems to be GSM phones get updated earlier and faster than their cdma counterparts. I know I read somewhere that Google even said that they had no plans at the moment of updating sprint's galaxy nexus, which is kind of a bummer cause I was planning on getting that. The nexus s 4g is on the list to get updated but when? Who knows. Just seems to be sprint gets left out a lot or maybe sprint doesn't care. I don't know, but I do know GSM android usually get their updates where as I am left dreaming and wondering if my phone will ever get there. :-/

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

This is my signal in the crowded Chicago area

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

el_mariach

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
You've definitely got it better than me. What I find weird is I go to Nashville, Cincinnati, or a small town close to Evansville, IN and I get better signal there than in Louisville, Ky. Hell, I get 4G wimax in Nashville and it runs fairly decent. Not as good as LTE, but its reasonable. I guess it just sucks where I live.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
My partner bolted to AT&T a few months ago he's paying &15 more t than I and he has a 3 GB per month. His speeds are at least 10 X faster. I'm doing ok and saving $180.00 with Sprint a year and unlimited data makes me pretty happy.

sent from EVO4GLTE

Tx Evo 90

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site

I too have been debating between verizon or ATT but I want to root for Sprint and I do whenever my bill comes in :) but ATT has a wider selection of phones, faster speeds and even tho it's capped, data that works!
I really tried to see how much data I could use on sprint and haven't pushed to 2 gigs yet mostly because Netflix and Youtube will not load whatsoever

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site

Yeah it's a crap shoot, maybe I'm a glutten for punishment, but I'm sticking with Sprint. Supposedly LTE will be ready to go here in the Chicago burbs in September so I'm holding on to hope that will happen.