Sprint data speeds

drummerman2008

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Is sprint internet really that slow like people say or could it be were ppl live that makes it seem slow to them

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

drummerman2008

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Because i live in Irving tx around the dallas area i should be good since 4g is switched on in this area right? Bcuz right now i noticed i will be paying more for Verizon service since im not paying full price for a phone to keep my unlimited data. My bill is $112 bcuz i have a 22% discount on my plan.

gamercholo

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
It depends where you live, I live in the DFW area these are the speeds I'm getting.

4cb8ce2e-776d-12ff.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Sacramento, Ca. I live 1 mile from a tower. These speeds are consistent with the greater Sacramento area for me.
43acbae7-eb2e-5794.jpg

43acbae7-eb48-f86b.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
It really depends on location. I drove from Memphis to Columbus and did test along the way. I have to say Nashville had some of the fastest 3g speeds I seen on Sprint.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

foldingdude

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I live near Boston and the 3g speeds are better than verizon and get better coverage too

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I live near Boston and the 3g speeds are better than verizon and get better coverage too

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

Really? When I was in Boston with my evo the speeds sucked. Att on the other hand are amazing!

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy SIII

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Because i live in Irving tx around the dallas area i should be good since 4g is switched on in this area right? Bcuz right now i noticed i will be paying more for Verizon service since im not paying full price for a phone to keep my unlimited data. My bill is $112 bcuz i have a 22% discount on my plan.

Let me speak the truth with no spin..Dallas/Irving area 3g is horrible..Your lucky to get 60kps downloads.

4g LTE - at this present time is non-existent. Sprint's coverage maps show LTE all over the place in dallas and in Houston but thats just not the case. You cannot get a LTE signal with a GS3 or EVO LTE. Dallas area does have some live sites however, LTE is not usuable when moving even 10 feet from the location that you get a signal. Dallas LTE sites are about 20% complete at the moment as well.

I would definetly wait until you see if Sprint has delivered on their network promises but I can tell you as a fan of Sprint they have failed to deliver for 3 years now.

Reactions: brackett5

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
It depends where you live, I live in the DFW area these are the speeds I'm getting.

Click to view quoted image

Results like there are far far far far away from typical with 4g at the moment. This person could be very well in a hotspot but I can almost promise you that if he/she moves their position within a 50ft radius their 4g signal will be lost.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Results like there are far far far far away from typical with 4g at the moment. This person could be very well in a hotspot but I can almost promise you that if he/she moves their position within a 50ft radius their 4g signal will be lost.

Ok, Truthteller, I'm in Loganville, a suburb of Atlanta, and tonight I drove from one side of Loganville to the other and maintained a solid 4G connection the entire time. Here are speed tests from 3 different areas of town. And I can state with a good bit of confidence that Loganville is more than 50 feet wide!

View attachment 32166
View attachment 32167
View attachment 32168

HTC EVO 4G LTE

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I dont know truthteller, I have been getting solid speeds in the greater DC area on 3g, with 4g lte on the horizon.......I think your theory may be a tad thin, maybe your just in a bad service area. Sprint's lte was not released with 100% completion, probably 30% at best. It will not be all over the place at one time, as towers come online the signal will improve and speeds should improve as well. For drummerman 2008, the only way to test is a real life test, not a map. Purchase a phone on sprint if your considering switching, try it in your area, all day, everyday during your 14 day trial. Compare it to speeds on your current device/carrier and that will be your best real world comparo. Not what people say here. What may be good for one, may not be good for the other and vie versa. Hope that helped.

drummerman2008

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I dont know truthteller, I have been getting solid speeds in the greater DC area on 3g, with 4g lte on the horizon.......I think your theory may be a tad thin, maybe your just in a bad service area. Sprint's lte was not released with 100% completion, probably 30% at best. It will not be all over the place at one time, as towers come online the signal will improve and speeds should improve as well. For drummerman 2008, the only way to test is a real life test, not a map. Purchase a phone on sprint if your considering switching, try it in your area, all day, everyday during your 14 day trial. Compare it to speeds on your current device/carrier and that will be your best real world comparo. Not what people say here. What may be good for one, may not be good for the other and vie versa. Hope that helped.

Thanks that helped alot

gamercholo

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

I wasn't on a hotspot , I was having lunch inside a Chipotles in Colleyville TX. And speed does vary, when I went back to work (about 1.5 miles away from Chipotles) I checked again and I was barely getting 8mbs down.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Like any carrier, service is totally dependent on location.

For me both phone and data service are superb, seldom ever a dropped call and LTE data speeds of 10 to 15 Mbps.

HTC EVO 4G LTE

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer