Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint data speeds

Is sprint internet really that slow like people say or could it be were ppl live that makes it seem slow to them

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    stock

Default Re: Sprint data speeds

It's not bad. Depends on where the towers are.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Because i live in Irving tx around the dallas area i should be good since 4g is switched on in this area right? Bcuz right now i noticed i will be paying more for Verizon service since im not paying full price for a phone to keep my unlimited data. My bill is $112 bcuz i have a 22% discount on my plan.

It depends where you live, I live in the DFW area these are the speeds I'm getting.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Are those speeds good

Sacramento, Ca. I live 1 mile from a tower. These speeds are consistent with the greater Sacramento area for me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

It really depends on location. I drove from Memphis to Columbus and did test along the way. I have to say Nashville had some of the fastest 3g speeds I seen on Sprint.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Sprint in Brooklyn, NY 4g not the greatest.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint data speeds-uploadfromtaptalk1342962895990.jpg  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

I live near Boston and the 3g speeds are better than verizon and get better coverage too

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by dmokeler1 View Post
    I live near Boston and the 3g speeds are better than verizon and get better coverage too

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums
    Really? When I was in Boston with my evo the speeds sucked. Att on the other hand are amazing!

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by drummerman2008 View Post
    Because i live in Irving tx around the dallas area i should be good since 4g is switched on in this area right? Bcuz right now i noticed i will be paying more for Verizon service since im not paying full price for a phone to keep my unlimited data. My bill is $112 bcuz i have a 22% discount on my plan.

Let me speak the truth with no spin..Dallas/Irving area 3g is horrible..Your lucky to get 60kps downloads.

4g LTE - at this present time is non-existent. Sprint's coverage maps show LTE all over the place in dallas and in Houston but thats just not the case. You cannot get a LTE signal with a GS3 or EVO LTE. Dallas area does have some live sites however, LTE is not usuable when moving even 10 feet from the location that you get a signal. Dallas LTE sites are about 20% complete at the moment as well.

I would definetly wait until you see if Sprint has delivered on their network promises but I can tell you as a fan of Sprint they have failed to deliver for 3 years now.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by gamercholo View Post
    It depends where you live, I live in the DFW area these are the speeds I'm getting.

Results like there are far far far far away from typical with 4g at the moment. This person could be very well in a hotspot but I can almost promise you that if he/she moves their position within a 50ft radius their 4g signal will be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by truthteller10 View Post
    Results like there are far far far far away from typical with 4g at the moment. This person could be very well in a hotspot but I can almost promise you that if he/she moves their position within a 50ft radius their 4g signal will be lost.
    Ok, Truthteller, I'm in Loganville, a suburb of Atlanta, and tonight I drove from one side of Loganville to the other and maintained a solid 4G connection the entire time. Here are speed tests from 3 different areas of town. And I can state with a good bit of confidence that Loganville is more than 50 feet wide!

Sprint data speeds-uploadfromtaptalk1343102593158.jpg
    Sprint data speeds-uploadfromtaptalk1343102635035.jpg
    Sprint data speeds-uploadfromtaptalk1343102664425.jpg

HTC EVO 4G LTE

ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

I dont know truthteller, I have been getting solid speeds in the greater DC area on 3g, with 4g lte on the horizon.......I think your theory may be a tad thin, maybe your just in a bad service area. Sprint's lte was not released with 100% completion, probably 30% at best. It will not be all over the place at one time, as towers come online the signal will improve and speeds should improve as well. For drummerman 2008, the only way to test is a real life test, not a map. Purchase a phone on sprint if your considering switching, try it in your area, all day, everyday during your 14 day trial. Compare it to speeds on your current device/carrier and that will be your best real world comparo. Not what people say here. What may be good for one, may not be good for the other and vie versa. Hope that helped.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by whodatboy View Post
    I dont know truthteller, I have been getting solid speeds in the greater DC area on 3g, with 4g lte on the horizon.......I think your theory may be a tad thin, maybe your just in a bad service area. Sprint's lte was not released with 100% completion, probably 30% at best. It will not be all over the place at one time, as towers come online the signal will improve and speeds should improve as well. For drummerman 2008, the only way to test is a real life test, not a map. Purchase a phone on sprint if your considering switching, try it in your area, all day, everyday during your 14 day trial. Compare it to speeds on your current device/carrier and that will be your best real world comparo. Not what people say here. What may be good for one, may not be good for the other and vie versa. Hope that helped.
    Thanks that helped alot

Quote Originally Posted by truthteller10 View Post
    I wasn't on a hotspot , I was having lunch inside a Chipotles in Colleyville TX. And speed does vary, when I went back to work (about 1.5 miles away from Chipotles) I checked again and I was barely getting 8mbs down.

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Is sprint really that bad of a phone service? Bcuz some of yall talk down on it likes it metropcs lol

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

Phone signal is reliable, 3g is horrible imo

Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums

Like any carrier, service is totally dependent on location.

For me both phone and data service are superb, seldom ever a dropped call and LTE data speeds of 10 to 15 Mbps.

HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Last edited by TraderGary; 07-26-2012 at 09:19 AM.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by TraderGary View Post
    Like any carrier, service is totally dependent on location.

For me both phone and data service are superb, seldom ever a dropped call and LTE data speeds of 10 to 15 Mbps.

HTC EVO 4G LTE
    So your 4g data speeds are good

I live in Atlanta. I travel all over the city and I must say that my 3G speeds are bearable. Maybe 1mb. 4G is very spotty and I've seen 5mb at the most. And I'm talking Atlanta, East Point, Lithonia, Alpharetta, and Morrow. Whenever I do catch 4G its only for a few minutes. Sprint has really disappointed me. I got my Nexus in May hoping I would only have to deal with these horrible speeds until LTE launched but I was let down. 3G improved but then it was really awful before so I'm not impressed by the improvement.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Of course the 4g going to be spotty they just launched it Verizon 4g was spotty when it first got launched it takes time for it to expand

Quote Originally Posted by drummerman2008 View Post
    So your 4g data speeds are good

Yes, my 4G speeds are good. I'm sitting in a Chick-Fil-A eating a spicy chicken sandwich. Here's a screen capture.

Sprint data speeds-uploadfromtaptalk1343329112394.jpg

HTC EVO 4G LTE
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Im really on the fence here im trying to decide stay with Verizon or go with Sprint bcuz i use over 20g of data and i really don't wanna pay full price for a cell phone. Like i would go to sprint but recently all i hear are bad things about sprint

I get fast speeds at work but nothing in my neighborhood. I have wifi though so its not an issue. I've had no problems connecting to 4G most everywhere else in town (St. Joseph, MO).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint data speeds-uploadfromtaptalk1343417858221.jpg  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast