Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4g In Richmond Va.

Anyone in here from that area? I live right between the two 4G areas here in Va. I feel as if im getting close, but im not at the same time. Congrats to Evo owners in the new cities.

My job is in Richmond, when I first heard the news I was skeptical, but low and behold I get a "fair" 4G signal when I stand outside. The heat was punching me in the face, but I had to try.

I live in Richmond and picked up the EVO on release day. Surprisingly, I've had 4G since release day. The guys at BB told me that 4G was due to be officially activated on the 26th but the frequently start it earlier. The signal is better now than it's been before.

On a side note, I did the update yesterday and my battery life is better.

Sensorly is showing 4G coverage in Richmond, Glen Allen, and Lakeside.

Richmond has not even been mentioned by Sprint yet so this is definitely just testing.

But still, Sensorly shows coverage that Sprint says does not exist! Their website map is low def but you can see Richmond's 4G coverage.

Does anyone know anything about 4G coverage on the Southside? Specifically Chesterfield, Hull St area?

Quote Originally Posted by CHazzard View Post
    Does anyone know anything about 4G coverage on the Southside? Specifically Chesterfield, Hull St area?
    Download the Sensorly app onto your phone and take a look. It shows block-by-block coverage for 4G (and 3G). The online map at their website does not have many levels to drill down. THe app has like 16 levels to zoom in.