This may be the end for me and sprint

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I have been with sprint for about 5 years now and am really at a crossroad. About a month or two ago I strongly considered going to vzw but decided to wait. Well my contract is now up w/sprint and I have a awesone GS3 (bought off con) which is pretty much useless because of the sprint network vision project and the dismal 3g network. I understand things take time but I went from pretty good service to bottom of the barrel. Constant daily dropped calls, sms text failures, mms failures, literally I would have to text 8-10 times for a successful text in some areas, horrid 3g speeds, waiting 3-5 mins for a page or fb to open or getting a network communication error msg and the page just closing :banghead:

To add insult to injury my wife has a GS3 on vzw and in the house avgs 20-25 mbps dwn on 4g and 800-1100kbps dwn on 3g which simply embarrasses sprint and me. We were out the other night trying to find a local rest and my phone wouldnt even open yelp, just kept loading and loading. Well here is my dilema. I can join her on vzw, be added to her share plan which would cost total of 180$$ for 2 lines, unl mins & txts and 6 gigs of data to split. Considering she uses about 2 gigs a mnth and I average about 3 this could work. My bill on sprint now is about 70 w/disc.

Yes I would be giving up unl data but whats the point if I cant use it when and where I need it, and Im not that heavy a user. Is it worth staying with sprint continue waiting knowing this will continue for several more months and when they deploy the 4g in my area (DC Metro) the 4g may not be as good as vzw/att because of the spectrum issue and spectrum its on, or say my goodbyes, leave now and switch?? And then there is the issue of what I would do what my phone ugh!

Sent from my Awesome Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2 baby.

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I say jump ship to Verizon. I did the same after 10.5 years with Sprint. Was tired of blowing $75 month for nothing. There's no telling how long you'll be waiting on the network vision to be completed in your area.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I say jump ship to Verizon. I did the same after 10.5 years with Sprint. Was tired of blowing $75 month for nothing. There's no telling how long you'll be waiting on the network vision to be completed in your area.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Decisions, Decisions.........

jimijames

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
After 12-13 years, I'm jumping ship to AT&T.. they have good LTE coverage in my area and the 4GB mobile share plan is the same cost as my current Sprint family plan. Yes, I loose unlimited, but we are not heavy data users and like you said, what good is unlimited data if it is not usable. Sprint used to be the clear winner with cost, but not so much anymore with the new share plans from vzw/att.

Add your wifes vzw bill and your Sprint bill, if it's around what it would cost to join your wifes vzw, then seems like a no-brainer... if it's a lot less that make the decision harder. As for your GS3, can you throw it up on ebay and recover what you paid for it?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
After 5 years with Sprint I left about 4-5 months ago to att and I love it! MUCH better data speeds and I have no LTE. My HSPA+ is around 6meg down and 3 up. Verizon has LTE in my area in Vermont but it is not a selling point to be honest. When or if att gets LTE then great! If not then I will enjoy my HSPA+ speeds as t hats all I really need. I say ditch the later network and and jump ship. Besides the ship is sinking anyways and hop on board with Verizon if they can give you the speeds that you want! Don't pay for service that you can not use when you need it most....Just saying.

In this case I can tell you for a fact...The grass is greener on the other side!

CJ

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If ANY cell carrier doesn't have service in your area u shouldn't be with them hence why I'm STAYING with sprint gsm phones in my area sucks att and tmobile. Been wit sprint 8 months and not Leavin

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Just decided to turn on 4g for the first time since im up in bmore and sprint has just renewed my faith and has given me more of an incentive to stick it out thru the growing pains of network vision. These speeds on 4g w/unl data I cant give away

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
See what happens when u just have a lil patience lol now with those speeds and better coverage and unlimited data including cheaper I'll be a fool to leave

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2

evang07

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm unfortunately stuck with Sprint for the foreseeable future. I just hope they get some network vision upgrades in my area soon. These speeds hurt.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

TauntingBull

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I have been with sprint for about 5 years now and am really at a crossroad. About a month or two ago I strongly considered going to vzw but decided to wait. Well my contract is now up w/sprint and I have a awesone GS3 (bought off con) which is pretty much useless because of the sprint network vision project and the dismal 3g network. I understand things take time but I went from pretty good service to bottom of the barrel. Constant daily dropped calls, sms text failures, mms failures, literally I would have to text 8-10 times for a successful text in some areas, horrid 3g speeds, waiting 3-5 mins for a page or fb to open or getting a network communication error msg and the page just closing :banghead:

To add insult to injury my wife has a GS3 on vzw and in the house avgs 20-25 mbps dwn on 4g and 800-1100kbps dwn on 3g which simply embarrasses sprint and me. We were out the other night trying to find a local rest and my phone wouldnt even open yelp, just kept loading and loading. Well here is my dilema. I can join her on vzw, be added to her share plan which would cost total of 180$$ for 2 lines, unl mins & txts and 6 gigs of data to split. Considering she uses about 2 gigs a mnth and I average about 3 this could work. My bill on sprint now is about 70 w/disc.

Yes I would be giving up unl data but whats the point if I cant use it when and where I need it, and Im not that heavy a user. Is it worth staying with sprint continue waiting knowing this will continue for several more months and when they deploy the 4g in my area (DC Metro) the 4g may not be as good as vzw/att because of the spectrum issue and spectrum its on, or say my goodbyes, leave now and switch?? And then there is the issue of what I would do what my phone ugh!

I'd stick around for another 3 months and then make a call. Sprint already has Bmore going, lighting up DC shouldn't be too far off. Thats my take at least....

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't bet on them lighting it up soon. Unless they officially announce it, or someone connects to Sprint LTE in D.C.. In the city I live, VZW has LTE up and running on the northside and westside for almost a year now. Southside and east side are Sol. I would leave Verizon in a heartbeat for sprint, if they could get decent signal here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Those lte speeds were great. It really is amazing how fast things open such as fb, google + and streaming. I guess sprints plan is slowly coming in line. Growing pains of nv still suck likes dropped calls and failed connections which is what I continue to experience today on the Md suburbs of DC but at least I have a light of the end of the tunnel. Hopefully the DC market will see something big before years end.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I do not miss Sprint at all to be honest. ATT only has HSPA+ where I live and its good enough for me. I say go to a carrier that works in your area.

DOOKJOY6869

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Got complete unlimited plan but moved out of Detroit to the suburbs now service sucks. Nobody else offers the plan i have

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
They just did some serious work in Charlotte and it is amazing. I'm getting 1700 kbps down on 3G, indoors, middle of the city on a workday. Just a week ago it was completely useless, 10 kbps or less. Can't wait for LTE.

Sent from my Full Android on Crespo4G using Tapatalk 2

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I know what you mean. I hate hetting teased with nv in other areas then no nv in my area. My speeds suck and with the dropped calls I think about just leaving every single day but I have tasted lte and nv on sprint so I am trying to hold out but for how long is the question

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21