Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    ROM
    Arctic HD son! What what!

Default Re: Other that unlimited data, why stay with Sprint?

I left Verizon and my unlimited data for Sprint and the first Evo 4G. Well let me tell you, big mistake for me. I'm in Alabama and while their was 4G in the acutal store there wasn't anywhere else. My 3g was lacking and I didn't always receive phone calls and text messages like I did with Verizon. I ended up going BACK to Verizon about a month later, but by then it was past the July unlimited data cutoff date so I was I had to suck it up and pay the same fee for 2gb. Luckily I've never gone over 2gb until recently I started to tether my tablet to my phone so I've bumped it up to 5gb. After it was all said and done I was only paying 10 less at Sprint for not so awesome service. If the service is bad, I say move on brother
    johnriii likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DEman19901 View Post
    Normally I want any business to succeed. More competition is always good for the consumer. Now with all of that being said, I could care less if Sprint went belly up tomorrow. I went from having spotty coverage to having now coverage at all. There was a bad storm in my area on 9/04/12. Both Sprint and Verizon's service went down around 1800 hrs(probably shared the same tower). Verizon was back up at midnight. I call Sprint everyday asking what is up. All I get is some response saying that they will be back up at midnight. This is everyday for 8 days straight. Finally on 9/12/04 the say that the parts that they ordered will not be in until the 13th. I say if you can't provide me service then let me port my number and be out of my contract. Their reply was that they can not do that. How pathetic is that?
    Never had a problem with Verizon and never heard of a tower being down until I switched to Sprint. Even before they started that network Vision crap everytime I called about not having service, a tower was down. I guess they need to say something other than sorry our service really does suck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I'm so done with Sprint, after 10+yrs of Unl Everything Pkg. Unless ur connected thru wifi ur data service is garbage, so regardless of how good a phone(My list: BB Curve, BB Tour, Samsung Moment, OG Evo, Epic 4G, S II, SIII) you actually have you will nvr get anything close to its potential out of it. So with that being said, as soon as the Galaxy Note 2 drops, I'm hdd to Vz, and their unl talk/txt w/6g pkg as and enjoy 4G LTE service all day.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Star General View Post
    I'm so done with Sprint, after 10+yrs of Unl Everything Pkg. Unless ur connected thru wifi ur data service is garbage, so regardless of how good a phone you actually have you will nvr get anything close to its potential out of it. So with that being said, I'm hdd to Vz, and their unl talk/txt w/6g pkg and enjoy 4G LTE service all day.

Tempting....

Sent from my SGS3!

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

I think that a lot of the call dropping has to do with the phone too, i had a BB tour and then a BB style both on Sprint. Neither dropped a call and both had great call quality. I switched to an Epic 4g slider and the call quality is not nearly what i got with either blackberry. It also drops calls, if they would make apps for my banking and stores etc for the blackberry, I'd get rid of the Epic in a heartbeat.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by lcchick View Post
    I think that a lot of the call dropping has to do with the phone too, i had a BB tour and then a BB style both on Sprint. Neither dropped a call and both had great call quality. I switched to an Epic 4g slider and the call quality is not nearly what i got with either blackberry. It also drops calls, if they would make apps for my banking and stores etc for the blackberry, I'd get rid of the Epic in a heartbeat.
    Yeah, my Epic 4G slider was pretty terrible as an actual phone, too...frequent dropped calls. I'm fairly certain that it's due to a crummy antenna design because the GPS never worked very well, either (it would get stuck in "searching for satellite" 75% of the time). And then, being limited to very slow 3G data speeds in my area didn't make the experience a whole lot better.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChunk View Post
    Yeah, my Epic 4G slider was pretty terrible as an actual phone, too...frequent dropped calls. I'm fairly certain that it's due to a crummy antenna design because the GPS never worked very well, either (it would get stuck in "searching for satellite" 75% of the time). And then, being limited to very slow 3G data speeds in my area didn't make the experience a whole lot better.
    I don't even use the gps. I am eyeing up the Photon Q (i despise typing on touchscreen phones) but don't know if I want to sign on for 2 more years....

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Just switched from Verizon and loving it. Better signal better customer service and better plans and prices.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums
    mcp6530 likes this.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by lcchick View Post
    I don't even use the gps. I am eyeing up the Photon Q (i despise typing on touchscreen phones) but don't know if I want to sign on for 2 more years....
    Well, I used to despise typing on touchscreen keyboards myself, but that was back when touchscreen keyboards were pretty crummy. I've found that the stock keyboards in ICS and JB are actually quite good (maybe not quite as good as what the iPhone has, but very usable). Unfortunately, top-end devices with hardware keyboards are becoming more and more rare. The hardware keyboard was the main selling point for me when I bought my Epic over the HTC Evo 4G a couple years back. But again, this was back when the stock touch keyboards on Android were terrible.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChunk View Post
    Well, I used to despise typing on touchscreen keyboards myself, but that was back when touchscreen keyboards were pretty crummy. I've found that the stock keyboards in ICS and JB are actually quite good (maybe not quite as good as what the iPhone has, but very usable). Unfortunately, top-end devices with hardware keyboards are becoming more and more rare. .
    My problem is that I'm a blackberry lover through and through. I love their keyboard and typing on it is like heaven--I use my cell phone for 90% texting/email and 10% talking. I have tried time and time again to use my husband's iphone and I just end up hitting random letters and having so many problems. Truth told, I don't love the Epic's keyboard and I make more mistakes typing on it than on the BB. I am trying to hold out for BB10 w/QWERTY but I still think that the app gap will be too large for me to be able to go back *sigh*. I thought about trying to find a used/refurbished XPRT to see if I liked typing on that but haven't moved on that yet. It DOES totally suck that physical keyboards are going the way of the rotary phone...

Chicago is finally improving now after six months of poor service....lte has launched and speeds are ridiculous and I'm actually getting my calls and texts now....glad I stuck it out ....my gs3 is nice too....

---------- Post Merged at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Chicago is finally improving now after six months of poor service....lte has launched and speeds are ridiculous and I'm actually getting my calls and texts now....glad I stuck it out ....my gs3 is nice too....

---------- Post Merged at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:47 PM ----------

ROM
    decks CM 10.3

Quote Originally Posted by mcp6530 View Post
    I'm glad to see you only had to wait 6 months it's been several years here with no improvement. After roming my LTEVO I realized that all of the crap service was due to towers dropping back to 1XRTT. That means they are either over loaded (likely) or faulting out and dropping to 1XRTT. So Sprint is cramming even more data hungry users onto the same low density towers and doing nothing to improve the situation. I am dubious that I will experience LTE in my home town, even at the stated 2013 deadline or even a hint of improved 3G with the so called "Network Vision" upgrade. Unlimited data doesn't mean squat if you can't download anything. And saying use Wifi is crap if I am paying for cellular data.

I am amazed that being such an ardent supporter of Sprint I and many, many users have been left in the cold.
    Fubie
    Future - Nexus 6
    Current - Nexus 5 - Rooted with Xposed framework
    Past - EVO 4G LTE | Nexus 7 | EVO 4G | EVO 3D | EVO 4G | Hero - All rooted and rommed

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Fubie View Post
    I'm glad to see you only had to wait 6 months it's been several years here with no improvement. After roming my LTEVO I realized that all of the crap service was due to towers dropping back to 1XRTT. That means they are either over loaded (likely) or faulting out and dropping to 1XRTT. So Sprint is cramming even more data hungry users onto the same low density towers and doing nothing to improve the situation. I am dubious that I will experience LTE in my home town, even at the stated 2013 deadline or even a hint of improved 3G with the so called "Network Vision" upgrade. Unlimited data doesn't mean squat if you can't download anything. And saying use Wifi is crap if I am paying for cellular data.

I am amazed that being such an ardent supporter of Sprint I and many, many users have been left in the cold.
    That's why I left Sprint. Same crap here in Phoenix (slow/spotty 3G, frequent dropped calls). But seeing that you have an EVO 4G LTE, you probably have a pretty big chunk of your contract remaining. :P

From what I have read on this site and on Sprint's community, a lot of people are leaving once their contract is up. I am leaving Sprint when my contract is down to 6 months or less. Right now I have about a year left. It should be against the law to even charge us for the service we are getting. It is that bad.

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.2.1; CM7.2(nook)

It's getting pretty bad here too in North Carolina. Slow 3G, drops down to 1X, 50% off the time the phone won't even ring and I just get a missed call notification. I'm like, WTF, the phone was sitting right next to me! Idk, it's like they are going backward with their data network. We're paying extra $10/month for 4G and honestly I've used it maybe 4 times in two years because the coverage just isn't there.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Central Forums

The $10 charge was originally for 4g and they changed it to a smartphone charge because 4g is barely available.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Then $10 charge was put into effect for higher data usage on certain smartphones. At the time it was introduced it was placed around the EVO 4G and the Epic 4g since those were considered the two big data users with the new 4G WiMax Sprint was pushing. Many people got the impression it was for a charge for 4g/Wimax but it never was. There were other NON 4g/WIMAX phones from Sprint that were given this extra charge for being known as high data usage devices like the iPhone.

I put the blame on the carrier stores, etc and the reps for the way they present their facts. In many cases the reps start sending false or mis interpreted information to the customers on a daily basis. Like when the EVO 4G LTE was getting ready for release. My local Sprint carrier store had their reps describing "LTE-4G" as the better internet or its what you want. Customers stood there confused like okay so better internet, still asking themselves what does LTE mean really? I was in my plenty of times hearing this same LTE description told to the customers and I could only shake my head..

Bottom line on the $10 surcharge, if Sprint didn't charge that then our unlimited data would go away.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

You know I tried att after I was able to get out of my contract because sprint changed the terms and conditions. Well I ended up coming right back. Some times you don't know how good you have it till its gone. Sprint sent me 2 free cases to make up for my evolte's coming late and I just got 2 free battery upgrades for my Nexus's . They didn't have to do this, but they did. The point is honestly I see sprint as a company that tries to please their customers. Verizon is like apple they know they are big and can do whatever they want. They don't care what you want its all about how they can squeeze more money out of you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    ladyc0524 and ajonesma like this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by gijoe12345w View Post
    You know I tried att after I was able to get out of my contract because sprint changed the terms and conditions. Well I ended up coming right back. Some times you don't know how good you have it till its gone. Sprint sent me 2 free cases to make up for my evolte's coming late and I just got 2 free battery upgrades for my Nexus's . They didn't have to do this, but they did. The point is honestly I see sprint as a company that tries to please their customers. Verizon is like apple they know they are big and can do whatever they want. They don't care what you want its all about how they can squeeze more money out of you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Must be the area. But I left Sprint for ATT and I have not looked back! I love AT&T and their CS is amazing so far. Plus I get 3Gigs of data for only $10 more. So for me unlimited meant nothing. Half the time it was bad. Even while in Boston where I had full 3G coverage...It was useless most of the time. Now where with AT&T I get 3gigs of data and yes I pay another $10 more than I did with Sprint but it works ALL the time not matter where I am at. (HSPA+ in my home town and 4G LTE while in Boston.) I average about 6meg down in Burlington Vermont. IMO its been better.

However I am glad Sprint is working out for you. If its cheaper and fast enough I say go with it!
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Well in my area art SUCKS and Verizon is only a lil better these are just my WIMAX speeds lol

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Well in my area art SUCKS and Verizon is only a lil better these are just my WIMAX speeds lolhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/29/e9egaqud.jpg

Haha. Here are my hspa+ speeds on att in Vermont. (not to flame its just for fun!)

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Other that unlimited data, why stay with Sprint?-uploadfromtaptalk1348856990261.jpg  
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Those are some real impressive speeds. To bad its capped and I DONT LIKE SHARING

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

And Chicago is getting unlimited lte real soon

Works good in chicago!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Other that unlimited data, why stay with Sprint?-uploadfromtaptalk1348862721098.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    daryllh likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Where are u located I'm on the westside of Chicago

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast