Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Default Re: Other that unlimited data, why stay with Sprint?

Far west suburbs...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Yeah I c it on sensorly

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

Is that a map of lte coverage? Where did you get that?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

The sensorly app in the play store real good app

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

ROM
    decks CM 10.3

LMFAO. Do me a favor and help me out. The 2, count 'em, 2 towers that serve the majority of the south east side of Springfield, MO are on wooden utility poles with only a few antenna. Thiis is where the major shopping areas are in town. https://network.sprint.com/search/sp...d%2C+MO+65804/

Here is a good breakdown of the population density in Springfield is Population Density in Springfield, MO by Zip Code

Here is the location of the two lame towers, Google Maps and Google Maps

Can anyone help me with why the towers have so few antenna, so low to the ground and placement for an area where so many people travel and frequent?
    Fubie
    Current - Nexus 5
    Past - EVO 4G LTE | Nexus 7 | EVO 4G | EVO 3D | EVO 4G | Hero - All rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Fubie View Post
    LMFAO. Do me a favor and help me out. The 2, count 'em, 2 towers that serve the majority of the south east side of Springfield, MO are on wooden utility poles with only a few antenna. Thiis is where the major shopping areas are in town. https://network.sprint.com/search/sp...d%2C+MO+65804/

Here is a good breakdown of the population density in Springfield is Population Density in Springfield, MO by Zip Code

Here is the location of the two lame towers, Google Maps and Google Maps

Can anyone help me with why the towers have so few antenna, so low to the ground and placement for an area where so many people travel and frequent?
    That area is actually pretty dense as far as tower placement goes. There are four in a four square mile area with a mile or less between the adjacent ones. The antenna are at the top of the poles and look to be at least 50-60 ft high which is fine considering how close the towers are together.

A tower doesn't need to be 200 ft tall with a dozen antenna to be effective. As you said this is a public area with a lot of people which means more people are likely to be on their cell phones than if it was a residential area. A bunch of small towers in this case is better than one giant one covering the area that would easily get overloaded.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Unlimited wired and wireless tethering. Need I say more...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Along these lines...with my family plan, my son and I use a monthly average of 450,000 according to our bill. What is that measured in? In Bytes?

Quote Originally Posted by flscot View Post
    Along these lines...with my family plan, my son and I use a monthly average of 450,000 according to our bill. What is that measured in? In Bytes?
    It's measured in KB, so it's approximately 450 megabytes, or 0.4 gigabytes. That's about average for "typical" users.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jerryk View Post
    Other than unlimited data, why stay with Sprint?
    As of this moment, I have 2 words: SoftBank and Clearwire.

Mav.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

Quote Originally Posted by VW Maverick View Post

Mav.
    And don't forget to add to that the LTE coverage that you and I now have most everywhere we go in the Atlanta area! And it just keeps getting better all the time!

BTW, using FoxFi as a WiFi hub on my EVO 4G LTE , my Nexus 7 tablet is also now on LTE! It just doesn't get any better than this!

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7 tablet.
    Last edited by TraderGary; 10-18-2012 at 02:48 PM.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  

Quote Originally Posted by VW Maverick View Post

Mav.
    So what is your point. The downside is that Softbank has a lot of debt any may not bring much too the table financially. The upside is Softbank CEO is a big risk taker and has a low tolerance for mediocre performance.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

So what is your point. The downside is that Softbank has a lot of debt any may not bring much too the table financially. The upside is Softbank CEO is a big risk taker and has a low tolerance for mediocre performance.

Regardless of their debt they brought their 20 billion dollars to the table. Pure capital for Sprint to build out their LTE no matter what becomes of Softbank. Even if Softbank goes under the worse that can happen for Sprint is Softbank has to sell the controlling shares. Bottom line is that this deal has far more advantages for Sprint than disadvantages. Softbank selling its controlling shares probably wouldn't go to one solitary company. They would most likely be sold off in smaller chunks essentially giving Sprint the control again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

What he said.

Mav.

Sent on my Galaxy Nexus using the Continuum Transfunctioner.
    Last edited by VW Maverick; 10-21-2012 at 07:47 PM.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

Count me as one of the people who've had it with Sprint after many years of loyalty. Call the extra $10/month a smart phone fee if you want, but I too was promised 4g service that never came to my town (Albuquerque). Meanwhile 3g speeds dwindled to the point of uselessness and I had to get an "airrave" to be able to make or receive calls in my own home. The final straw came last weekend while I was travelling. At the airport in Houston I had no 3g or 4g signal. And my evo shift would not connect to the airport's wifi either - that is probably a phone issue, but why re-up with sprint to get a new one? To me it's unacceptable that I couldn't reach anyone to say my flight was delayed. I know verizon is more expensive and their service is crap, but how long is it reasonable to wait when your town has not appeared on any of the lists for the lte rollout? I am ready to eat the etf in order to get out at this point.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

I've been with sprint for 8 years and these past 3 years. Have been terrible I was promised wimax and got it almost a year after they said it would be complete and the coverage is spotty, I want sprint to succeed because of the unlimited data they offer but I've just lost all hope a lot of people are saying the softbank deal is going to help out but the sale isn't final. And won't be till next summer I want to switch to at&T but the limited data scares me so I'm stuck lol

Sent from my PC36100
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Well I'm in a post lte city (Chicago) and speeds are good. I'm telling y'all are gonna love it when nv gets to your city

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Well I'm in a post lte city (Chicago) and speeds are good. I'm telling y'all are gonna love it when nv gets to your city

Trust me if I had lte in my city I would stay that's the only complaint I have before I didn't care as much but now that I don't work from home I need fast mobile data and I live in the smallest state where Verizon and AT&T both have lte but the chances of me getting lte within a year are slim

Sent from my PC36100

There's upside is through Clearwire sprint has an enormous amount of spectrum available and in the next 1 to 5 years when LTE Advanced deployments start to happen, sprint is the only like likely to be able to deploy anything like what "real 4G" is supposed to be - 1 gbps by way of 3x20 MHz 4x4 mimo channels.

Of course there is no reason to wait for that. Go to whoever you like and come back when sprint has fixed itself.

The grass is always greener though. I'm on verizon and considering moving to tmobile to get unlimited data back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Count me in as one more. If you go to the forums on Sprints website, you will see that a lot of their current customers are also leaving.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

I c a couple of them THINKING about leaving but realize the grass isn't always greener on the other side

In Sprints case, I am sure the grass in greener at least 75% of the time.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

How bout not with capped data and expensive overages lol. I know I was with vzw and att before sprint

I am going Nexus 4 on Simple Mobile. Unlimited everything with no data caps. Why would I stay with Sprint.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Good luck with tmo coverage and building Penetration other than that good deal

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast