02-17-2013 12:25 PM
- I think that a lot of the call dropping has to do with the phone too, i had a BB tour and then a BB style both on Sprint. Neither dropped a call and both had great call quality. I switched to an Epic 4g slider and the call quality is not nearly what i got with either blackberry. It also drops calls, if they would make apps for my banking and stores etc for the blackberry, I'd get rid of the Epic in a heartbeat.
It sounds like I'm trying to talk myself out of switching...but I'm really actually having more trouble talking myself INTO going to a different carrier. They really get you with the numbers. In a perfect world, anyone could use any phone on any carrier's network system...but it isn't so and it probably never will be that way.11-15-2012 10:09 AM
- As soon as I thought about trying to get a nexus on simple mobile I saw my friend speeds on his prepaid cricket android because he went over his cap and please lol 56k I'll stick to my 10mb wimax epic till bf then I'll have my lte sgs3
Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 211-15-2012 09:45 PM
- I switched in July to Verizon from Sprint due to the data being so poor for one but the biggest issue was our local area had a major weather event and the only carrier to continue working was Verizon, I had to drive 23 miles to make a call, Verizon did stop roaming from Sprint due to the limited capacity at the time. The grass is not greener, but my phone works, when I have 4G its fast and I do not have to keep hearing how great the sprint 4G will be that we were promised 3 years ago and have not gotten.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums11-19-2012 08:24 AMLike 2
- Well some may say I'm a glutton for punishment I've been with Sprint for the past 12 years, from its inception 1995 (the name Sprint PCS) til now while I've had good and bad days the phones is what held me to them for the most part. I've experience dropped calls, slow speeds,buildings where no service, but through it all while Sprint did not exceeded my expectations it some how manage to serve my need barely and for a pretty good penny. To sum it up if don't have the patience and are fed up let your feet or fingers do the walking sort of otherwise for me patience is a virtue I'm for now staying the course not out of loyalty but my needs as said are being met.12-01-2012 09:03 AMLike 1
- Just an update. We moved to Verizon right before Christmas. The difference is night and day. Better voice quality and LTE data almost everywhere in the SF Bay Area. I have seen speeds up to 26 Mbps, but the average is closer to 12 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up. I went with the HTC Droid DNA and my wife went with the Samsung S3.
Jerry01-01-2013 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD