Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree16Likes

Default Re: Other that unlimited data, why stay with Sprint?

I am making that decision based on a coworkers Galaxy Nexus on Simple Mobile his data speeds put my Epic Touch to shame. That is why I am making the switch. I already know that I will have great coverage. Sprints service just plain sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by lcchick View Post
    I think that a lot of the call dropping has to do with the phone too, i had a BB tour and then a BB style both on Sprint. Neither dropped a call and both had great call quality. I switched to an Epic 4g slider and the call quality is not nearly what i got with either blackberry. It also drops calls, if they would make apps for my banking and stores etc for the blackberry, I'd get rid of the Epic in a heartbeat.
    I think this is a bigger factor than a lot of folks realize. My NS4G loses the data signal constantly throughout the day while my wife's iPhone 4S stays pretty true all day. I'm pretty fed up with this phone and even considered just buying an interim device until her contract is up, then move us over to a different carrier. The more I think about it, though...the less likely I am to switch. Good phones are still pretty expensive and I'd be lucky to buy anything decent for less than $200. It would have to keep me happy for a year...at which point I'd end up spending yet another $200 or more for my new device on whatever carrier I changed to, PLUS another $200 or more for HER new device on the new carrier...making it, at minimum, $600 (if I'm lucky) just to switch. That's not even taking into account the more expensive plans on the other carriers! She's hooked on iPhone, so T-Mobile is out. About 90% of the problems we've had over the last year can be attributed to where we were living until a few months ago getting poor reception, or my particular phone being the culprit - bad radios, acknowledged issues with the NS4G, etc.

It sounds like I'm trying to talk myself out of switching...but I'm really actually having more trouble talking myself INTO going to a different carrier. They really get you with the numbers. In a perfect world, anyone could use any phone on any carrier's network system...but it isn't so and it probably never will be that way.

Their prices are cheaper then the other competitors

Sent from my Galaxy S3, the iPhone killa!
    Sent from The Samsung Note 3, I eat apples!
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

As soon as I thought about trying to get a nexus on simple mobile I saw my friend speeds on his prepaid cricket android because he went over his cap and please lol 56k I'll stick to my 10mb wimax epic till bf then I'll have my lte sgs3

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

I switched in July to Verizon from Sprint due to the data being so poor for one but the biggest issue was our local area had a major weather event and the only carrier to continue working was Verizon, I had to drive 23 miles to make a call, Verizon did stop roaming from Sprint due to the limited capacity at the time. The grass is not greener, but my phone works, when I have 4G its fast and I do not have to keep hearing how great the sprint 4G will be that we were promised 3 years ago and have not gotten.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    blaze5 likes this.

Well some may say I'm a glutton for punishment I've been with Sprint for the past 12 years, from its inception 1995 (the name Sprint PCS) til now while I've had good and bad days the phones is what held me to them for the most part. I've experience dropped calls, slow speeds,buildings where no service, but through it all while Sprint did not exceeded my expectations it some how manage to serve my need barely and for a pretty good penny. To sum it up if don't have the patience and are fed up let your feet or fingers do the walking sort of otherwise for me patience is a virtue I'm for now staying the course not out of loyalty but my needs as said are being met.
    f1nzup likes this.

Cheaper than the big two. Better selection of phones than tmo. Good voice quality in socal.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #83  

Just an update. We moved to Verizon right before Christmas. The difference is night and day. Better voice quality and LTE data almost everywhere in the SF Bay Area. I have seen speeds up to 26 Mbps, but the average is closer to 12 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up. I went with the HTC Droid DNA and my wife went with the Samsung S3.

Jerry

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Don't know about downtown Boston since i don't go there often enough but i live on the north shore and get great coverage for the most part with my galaxy s2

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

This is why. I'm in Chicago also Austin area.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234