Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Weirdo0815
  • 1 Post By Weirdo0815
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android4life

Angry Seriously Sprint....

So I moved to an area with ZERO Sprint coverage, I mean like the state I moved to has ZERO Sprint coverage anywhere. All roaming. So I called them before I moved and they said the ETF's could be waived, all I have to do is provide proof of where I moved too and send the equipment back. I gave them proof of my new address and my service was set to cancel on 8/19. On 8/20 I dropped the phones in the UPS box. Wait for the final bill to come in the mail and end of story right? Wrong....

So I went to inquire about starting the process of buying a home in my new area (9/5), they run my credit etc and what is the first thing they say to me? "What is this $1352 dollar collection with Sprint?" So here is the run down. Sprint put my entire last bill and all the ETF's plus all kinds of sales tax etc on my last bill and put it in collections. When was it reported to my credit? August 25. Yes 6 days after my service was canceled, giving no time for them to receive the phones (They phones arrived on 8/29 according to the tracking info). So I call Sprint today (9/6), and I get transferred 4 times, one time I explained the whole situation to a gentleman and when I was down explaining he just transferred me again, without saying anything. So I finally get a lady willing to help, and she did, but apparently the department that receives the phones handles the process that voids the ETF's, which 8 days after they received them still hasn't been done. Oh, and mysteriously I got an email on 9/5 for the bill of $1352, and no, received no bill before that. I went back and checked.

So, I could care less about the actual amount of the bill, because I know that will be taken care of. My biggest concern now is that this will be on my credit report now. Even if they credit the EFTs and taxes associated back and then I pay my balance, it will only show as a collections account that was paid. So they have permantly affected my credit now. And now before I can continue with my mortgage process I have to get this fixed, and then pay the balance. And even then, the bank said it still could cause me to be denied solely because of this. (I have had credit trouble in the past that I have worked hard to fix).

So thank you Sprint, because now if I want it wiped from my credit report, ya um. That process is not something that I want to be wasting my time with, and if I want to buy a house, I will have to possibly....

Default Re: Seriously Sprint....

you have 49 different FICO Scores. Revolving credit has little to nothing to to with a mortgage...

If something was placed on you credit report that you think shouldn't be there you can actually request to have it removed. Not sure of the process but if you go to one of those free credit report websites they could probably help you. You can also go through a lawyer that specializes in this sort of thing and they can get it removed for you. The lawyer route can be kind of costly though but if you have a lot of stuff on your credit report alot of times they can get all kinds of bad stuff removed due to them being input improperly. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by fofjjsr View Post
    So I moved to an area with ZERO Sprint coverage, I mean like the state I moved to has ZERO Sprint coverage anywhere. All roaming. So I called them before I moved and they said the ETF's could be waived, all I have to do is provide proof of where I moved too and send the equipment back. I gave them proof of my new address and my service was set to cancel on 8/19. On 8/20 I dropped the phones in the UPS box. Wait for the final bill to come in the mail and end of story right? Wrong....

So I went to inquire about starting the process of buying a home in my new area (9/5), they run my credit etc and what is the first thing they say to me? "What is this $1352 dollar collection with Sprint?" So here is the run down. Sprint put my entire last bill and all the ETF's plus all kinds of sales tax etc on my last bill and put it in collections. When was it reported to my credit? August 25. Yes 6 days after my service was canceled, giving no time for them to receive the phones (They phones arrived on 8/29 according to the tracking info). So I call Sprint today (9/6), and I get transferred 4 times, one time I explained the whole situation to a gentleman and when I was down explaining he just transferred me again, without saying anything. So I finally get a lady willing to help, and she did, but apparently the department that receives the phones handles the process that voids the ETF's, which 8 days after they received them still hasn't been done. Oh, and mysteriously I got an email on 9/5 for the bill of $1352, and no, received no bill before that. I went back and checked.

So, I could care less about the actual amount of the bill, because I know that will be taken care of. My biggest concern now is that this will be on my credit report now. Even if they credit the EFTs and taxes associated back and then I pay my balance, it will only show as a collections account that was paid. So they have permantly affected my credit now. And now before I can continue with my mortgage process I have to get this fixed, and then pay the balance. And even then, the bank said it still could cause me to be denied solely because of this. (I have had credit trouble in the past that I have worked hard to fix).

So thank you Sprint, because now if I want it wiped from my credit report, ya um. That process is not something that I want to be wasting my time with, and if I want to buy a house, I will have to possibly....
    Talk to executive services.... If it is how you say it is, then they should fix it. Try your best to get it removed or it will haunt your credit for the next 7 years...

Sounds like you haven't done your homework.

First, the account was put into collection status because you told them to cancel it while still having an outstanding term (returning subsidized equipment). If you choose to close your account, they can no longer bill you like normal so it has to go into collections.

Second, if the situation is as innocuous as you said, simply contact them and resolve the terms and they will delete the collection status. It won't permanently be on your credit history and you can move on. It's not like a defaulted loan where the damage is done, accounts go into collections for a myriad of reasons not due to neglecting bills.

Sorry if it sounds preachy but you really shouldn't be sitting down to negotiate mortgage terms knowing you have an outstanding bill like that. It's one thing if it's a mistake (though you should really have those sorted beforehand too), but this is something you knew was hanging over.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Android4life

Darth mo, I found out I had this because the bank told me. Otherwise I had no idea. I did everything Sprint ask me too including sending back the phones. The received the phones 3 weeks ago and still haven not credited me for it. Nor can I seem to get any answers. It was canceled on the terms they asked, without any mention that it would automatically go into collections. And as far as them having no other way of billing me, I can still access my account online, and got an email on 9/6 with an updated bill. SO that isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Sounds like you haven't done your homework.

First, the account was put into collection status because you told them to cancel it while still having an outstanding term (returning subsidized equipment). If you choose to close your account, they can no longer bill you like normal so it has to go into collections.

Second, if the situation is as innocuous as you said, simply contact them and resolve the terms and they will delete the collection status. It won't permanently be on your credit history and you can move on. It's not like a defaulted loan where the damage is done, accounts go into collections for a myriad of reasons not due to neglecting bills.

Sorry if it sounds preachy but you really shouldn't be sitting down to negotiate mortgage terms knowing you have an outstanding bill like that. It's one thing if it's a mistake (though you should really have those sorted beforehand too), but this is something you knew was hanging over.
    Apparently you haven't had much experience in getting negative things removed from your credit history. I've had to deal with stupid bills that falsely went on my credit report with no warning, just like the OP. Companies with access to your credit history seem to LOVE to put negative things on there, especially if you're terminating your "relationship" with them. But to get them to remove an erroneous black mark is extremely difficult, sometimes impossible.

I feel for you, OP. I hope you get it resolved. My suggestion, while you're going through getting this resolved and getting a mortgage, is to sign up with a Credit Report Monitoring company. My preference is American Express's CreditSecure; its $15 / month and you can get your detailed credit history whenever you want and if there are any problems, CreditSecure will help you resolve them. I am not 100% sure but I think you can sign up for it without having an American Express credit card.
    Current Device(s):
    T-Mobile Monthly4G - LG Nexus 4 16GB (from Google Play)
    Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T
    Asus Nexus 7 16GB
    Thanked by:
    fofjjsr likes this.

Just found out today lte is coming very soon read

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Seriously Sprint....-uploadfromtaptalk1347294956258.jpg   Seriously Sprint....-uploadfromtaptalk1347294965504.jpg   Seriously Sprint....-uploadfromtaptalk1347294979803.jpg   Seriously Sprint....-uploadfromtaptalk1347294987938.jpg  
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Android4life

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdo0815 View Post
    Apparently you haven't had much experience in getting negative things removed from your credit history. I've had to deal with stupid bills that falsely went on my credit report with no warning, just like the OP. Companies with access to your credit history seem to LOVE to put negative things on there, especially if you're terminating your "relationship" with them. But to get them to remove an erroneous black mark is extremely difficult, sometimes impossible.

I feel for you, OP. I hope you get it resolved. My suggestion, while you're going through getting this resolved and getting a mortgage, is to sign up with a Credit Report Monitoring company. My preference is American Express's CreditSecure; its $15 / month and you can get your detailed credit history whenever you want and if there are any problems, CreditSecure will help you resolve them. I am not 100% sure but I think you can sign up for it without having an American Express credit card.
    I have already filed with the BBB. I have called multiple times getting different info from every rep. Some say I have done what I should have, some say I haven't. They have zero clue what is going on.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Nothing should hit you credit score unless it is 30 days pat due... Just sayin

Sent from my thumbs with no brain censorship
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Android4life

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post

And I know this, but the bank saw it there. They pointed it out to me and everything.

I would start getting a little threatening. I am not for getting pissy with customer support (since I did that for 5 years for a software company) but you have given them a reasonable chance to fix it. My suggestion is to demand to talk to the original person's supervisor's supervisor and talk about bringing some lawyers into the discussion. Its truly pathetic and very wrong that companies can jack with peoples' credit scores and yet we, the people with the scores, can't do much to fix issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Current Device(s):
    T-Mobile Monthly4G - LG Nexus 4 16GB (from Google Play)
    Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T
    Asus Nexus 7 16GB
    Kamin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post

THIS^^^ So I don't understand how after only a week this ends up on your credit report? At any rate all you have to do is clear up your debt with Sprint make copies of the balance paid in full, and all other correspondence in regards to the debt. Mail the letters to the credit bureau showing the dispute, paid balance, and request it be removed from your credit report. Simple as that!
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4