WTH is Sprint doing??

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The decision makers at Sprint are fools..Instead of focusing their resources to the cities they announced 4g LTE 3 months ago they are constantly announcing new markets. For the life of me I can't understand why Sprint can't provide a quality experience in a few areas instead of deploying resources to other areas just to keep up with the competition. Im in Houston TX and the experience of LTE is far less than a good quality one but yet they continue to spread resources elsewhere. SHAMEFUL!!!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
They are announcing new markets because they are trying to bring lte to all of America as fast as possible then concentrate on the maintenance of these markets its supply and demand duhhh

Sent from my Nexus S 4g running Jellybean on Tapatalk 2

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Was in San Antonio this weekend and had a chance to play with 4G, as it's not available here on the Border yet.

It was nice, but drained the hell out my battery. It was also very non- consistent.

Sprint will need to work on that seriously before jumping off in other markets.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Here in Atlanta I can see no difference in battery usage between 4G LTE and WiFi. I still get 12+ hours of battery life on my EVO 4G LTE on either.

In NE Atlanta LTE is now solid and reliable.

Your Mileage May Vary on other devices.

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7 tablet.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Was in San Antonio this weekend and had a chance to play with 4G, as it's not available here on the Border yet.

It was nice, but drained the hell out my battery. It was also very non- consistent.

Sprint will need to work on that seriously before jumping off in other markets.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I throughly agree with you and it makes no sense at all. They have markets that were launched 3 months ago at 15% towers and yet these same markets are only at 21% average. It makes absolutley no sense to keep putting out horrible quality services while trying to promote quantity. Any CEO can tell you that quality is always best over quantity.

- - - Updated - - -

They are announcing new markets because they are trying to bring lte to all of America as fast as possible then concentrate on the maintenance of these markets its supply and demand duhhh

Sent from my Nexus S 4g running Jellybean on Tapatalk 2

History has shown that when companies focus on quantity over quality their business surely declines. Customers don't want half A$%$# work they want quality work!!

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site
The decision makers at Sprint are fools..Instead of focusing their resources to the cities they announced 4g LTE 3 months ago they are constantly announcing new markets. For the life of me I can't understand why Sprint can't provide a quality experience in a few areas instead of deploying resources to other areas just to keep up with the competition. Im in Houston TX and the experience of LTE is far less than a good quality one but yet they continue to spread resources elsewhere. SHAMEFUL!!!

Well, on the flip side of all of this, there are a lot of Sprint customers who bought WiMAX phones a couple years ago and never saw WiMAX hit their markets. I got to play with WiMAX ONCE on my Epic 4G when I visited LA.

I can only imagine they're doing this quantity over quality deployment for LTE in desperation. They're losing lots of customers to other carriers that will give them decent data speeds in all major markets NOW. Most of the time, my 3G speeds on Sprint are slower than my circa 1998 ISDN connection was! I'm canceling my Sprint service this week - I just ordered a T-Mobile SIM and my unlocked GNex is on its way.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Well Chicago saw a lot of Wimax look at my speeds from last night
vajuqyne.jpg

Sent from my white Epic 4g Touch

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member