Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default TN: Memphis, TN 4G LTE Official Thread

Post them up! Nothing here downtown near the pyramid yet; will check more when I get home.

Default Re: TN: Memphis, TN 4G LTE Official Thread

I don't have an LTE phone, but I am hoping to benefit from better 3G performance.

Quote Originally Posted by azgalorRC View Post
    Post them up! Nothing here downtown near the pyramid yet; will check more when I get home.
    What 3g speeds are you getting? I was at Poplar / I-240 around noon today and download was 0.28 Mbps and upload was 0.06 Mbps. Not very good.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

so glad i finally found a decent discussion on Memphis sprint LTE. Do we have any towers turned on? I was waiting to get a gs3 for when they finally went live. Might have to wait for all these nexus rumors to sort themselves out too.

I got LTE today on 40 west near the appling exit.. I have a iphone 5 tho.. My co-worker has iphone 5 with att and gets lte all over , 32mb in Collierville - 20 mb in midtown , 25mb in bartlett..

Yep, started receiving LTE in S Bartlett today. Most likely same site serves the Appling/I-40 area. Hope the rollout goes faster than the Wimax/4G fiasco.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi77 View Post
    Yep, started receiving LTE in S Bartlett today. Most likely same site serves the Appling/I-40 area. Hope the rollout goes faster than the Wimax/4G fiasco.....
    What speeds are you getting?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Need LTE in Germantown..

Sorry, not there now. But, it was screamin', whatever it was...Maybe someone else can test for you. Will post speeds when I get back over there....

I was getting up to 28.5mb dl and 9.5 up in Goodwill parking lot ( Corner of Summer/Stage) today while my fiance ran in .. You can get LTE on stage from about Hwy 70 ( Summer ) to Whitten. It went out as I was coming up on Elmore Park , which is a shame cause I live a 1/2 mile from there. What does suck tho is you cant download large apps from the app store unless your on wifi... I have a 10-12mb connection at home which is not even 1/2 the speed of LTE.

TN: Memphis, TN 4G LTE Official Thread-img_0038.png

Quote Originally Posted by Dayzah View Post
    I was getting up to 28.5mb dl and 9.5 up in Goodwill parking lot ( Corner of Summer/Stage) today while my fiance ran in .. You can get LTE on stage from about Hwy 70 ( Summer ) to Whitten. It went out as I was coming up on Elmore Park , which is a shame cause I live a 1/2 mile from there. What does suck tho is you cant download large apps from the app store unless your on wifi... I have a 10-12mb connection at home which is not even 1/2 the speed of LTE.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0038.PNG 
Views:	64 
Size:	483.1 KB 
ID:	39968
    I am getting 4g off and on at sycamore view macon rd area. Speeds are no where near yours. I am getting about 6 to 7 down and about 1.5 up but much better than 3g and it will only get better

Oh and one more thing. My wife and I have the S3 and my daughter has the galaxy nexus 4g and she is not able to pick up 4g where we can.
    Guess the S3 has a better radio

Hey guys I no longer have an android so don't bash me but I just wanted to inform you of the Sprint LTE that I've been coming across. I work around I-40 and Sycamore View and have notice in the last two days that the LTE signal has drastically increased on my iPhone 5. I have a very speedy secure connection from the interstate at Whitten rd. all the way up to Stage rd. I haven't been past there yet so I can't tell you how good it is on the other side. The fastest I've gotten was 31mb down and 10mb up. On average I'm around 20 down and 7 up. Hope this helps some of y'all. Don't give me too much grief about being on iOS, haha TN: Memphis, TN 4G LTE Official Thread-image.jpg

Its now live at Covington Pike & Stage area also .. Getting 25 down and 10 up .. Kinda sucks , LTE works 1/2 a mile in each direction on Stage except where I live , hopefully all of Memphis and the surrounding areas go live soon.. Id love to drive all over town with a 20mb connection.

Has anyone gotten the 4g icon instead of LTE one? Which is faster?

Quote Originally Posted by lb49ob View Post
    Hey guys I no longer have an android so don't bash me but I just wanted to inform you of the Sprint LTE that I've been coming across. I work around I-40 and Sycamore View and have notice in the last two days that the LTE signal has drastically increased on my iPhone 5. I have a very speedy secure connection from the interstate at Whitten rd. all the way up to Stage rd. I haven't been past there yet so I can't tell you how good it is on the other side. The fastest I've gotten was 31mb down and 10mb up. On average I'm around 20 down and 7 up. Hope this helps some of y'all. Don't give me too much grief about being on iOS, haha Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	40426
    I just noticed you have a wifi icon instead of the LTE one. But it says cellular for network.

Yeah I did the speed test while I was at the gym and uploaded it while I was at work. I have to connect to the wifi at work to be connected to our server for AirPrint and stuff like that.

Below are pics from the sensorly app displaying LTE coverage in Memphis/Bartlett. I can confirm that this is accurate as I've driven through these areas with my LTE turned on. The highest speeds I've gotten were 20 mbps down and 9 mbps up. That was around appling and Reese road.

TN: Memphis, TN 4G LTE Official Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1350395634628.jpg

TN: Memphis, TN 4G LTE Official Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1350395657668.jpg

Sent from my phone that's better than yours.

Stage/Covington Pike
    TN: Memphis, TN 4G LTE Official Thread-img_0097.png

Got LTE at the airport ( Shelby DR/Airways ) today.. 10 down 3 up
    Last edited by Dayzah; 10-23-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Can you map your routes on the sensorly app? I've been around a few more places in the Bartlett area and a updated map is below.

TN: Memphis, TN 4G LTE Official Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1351029010173.jpg
    TN: Memphis, TN 4G LTE Official Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1351029036364.jpg

I downloaded the app.. But I have less options in iOS , no report or map trip options that I see..

TN: Memphis, TN 4G LTE Official Thread-img_0160.png
    TN: Memphis, TN 4G LTE Official Thread-img_0161.png
    TN: Memphis, TN 4G LTE Official Thread-img_0162.png
    TN: Memphis, TN 4G LTE Official Thread-img_0163.png
    TN: Memphis, TN 4G LTE Official Thread-img_0164.png
    TN: Memphis, TN 4G LTE Official Thread-img_0165.png

Just not sure how accurate this app is.. I know it works cause it highlights areas that work really good.. But as you can see in this picture I have 2 bar LTE in my backyard yet I dont have it in my area just yet .. Unless im just picking up a weak signal , also it doesnt highlight stage/covington pike which I get 5 bar LTE and 30mb down speeds.

TN: Memphis, TN 4G LTE Official Thread-img_0166.png

Quote Originally Posted by azgalorRC View Post
    Need LTE in Germantown..
    I got LTE at Wolf River BLVD / G'Town , G'Town Country Club and G'Town Commissary today.

Looks like LTE is coming slowly but surely all over

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Need LTE in Germantown near Shelby Drive, Hacks Cross, and Riverdale road.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast