1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

Default Sprint Weighs MetroPCS Bid to Rival T-Mobile Offer (via Business Week)

Sprint is crunching the numbers and holding talks with its advisers to weigh the feasibility of a higher offer, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the talks are private. The Overland Park, Kansas-based company began re- evaluating a MetroPCS offer a few weeks ago, before the T-Mobile deal was made public, and could decide as early as next week whether to pursue an offer, two of the people said.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Re: Sprint Weighs MetroPCS Bid to Rival T-Mobile Offer (via Business Week)

Interesting! But I think Sprint has to much going on for another merger to be honest. They need to fix their 3G coverage. I think they are moving into to many directions currently. The current issues must be fix before moving on to the next big one. But hey thats just me! And thats why I left. 125K for 3G is not ok for what they want per month.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

Default Re: Sprint Weighs MetroPCS Bid to Rival T-Mobile Offer (via Business Week)

Would probably be a very smart move for Sprint. The main reason that T-Mo is interested is to gain the MetroPCS 4G network. Last I checked, Sprint's 4G network could use a BIG boost!
    Always have your stuff when you need it with Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/4AiUNSMC

Mine
    - Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.3)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.3)
    Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.

Metro uses lte so it would just help that not wiimax. But ya that would be cool considering Sacramento was one of the very first cities for lte from Metro pcs so I would have lte faster. I'm a little confused on this though because tmo uses hspa and Sprint Verizon and Metro pcs use cdma, so I'm not sure how Tmo would benefit other than merging the networks or just taking out a competitor and having another option for customers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Is very simple t Mobile will do what umm sprint did with the nexttel pretty much means probably that metro PCS would will be there in L T E systems

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

@GiantJay.....

People with wimax 4G unfortunately need to face the music that they are only in slightly better positions than people with 3G devices. Sure, you have 4G for now but the fact is, your device is becoming obsolete just about as fast as a 3G device. Basically, there are 2 different classes of Sprint users now... those with 4G LTE devices and everyone else.
    Always have your stuff when you need it with Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/4AiUNSMC

Mine
    - Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.3)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.3)

Quote Originally Posted by prolongExistence View Post
    @GiantJay.....

People with wimax 4G unfortunately need to face the music that they are only in slightly better positions than people with 3G devices. Sure, you have 4G for now but the fact is, your device is becoming obsolete just about as fast as a 3G device. Basically, there are 2 different classes of Sprint users now... those with 4G LTE devices and everyone else.
    Correct. 4G and LTE are 2 different technologies. Most people with 4G phones think they will be able to utilize the LTE network but they won't. Considering Sprint only offers 4G in very limited areas they are actually in a worse position than those with 3G.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Well, yes and no. LTE and Wimax are both 4G technologies but they are completely different spectrums. Sprint would have to have a device that has both a Wimax and an LTE radio in it. No way a Wimax radio will operate on an LTE spectum and vice versa.

It is like comparing a Windows computer to a Mac. Sure they are both computers, but they aren't compatible with each other, but both will get you to the internet.

Mine

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prolongExistence View Post
    Well, yes and no. LTE and Wimax are both 4G technologies but they are completely different spectrums. Sprint would have to have a device that has both a Wimax and an LTE radio in it. No way a Wimax radio will operate on an LTE spectum and vice versa.

It is like comparing a Windows computer to a Mac. Sure they are both computers, but they aren't compatible with each other, but both will get you to the internet.
    They're on different spectrum frequencies, yes. But they're different technologies. The spectrum doesn't matter.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

I have a question. How do I post a new thread? I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 for MetroPCS Dual Core processor. I really love the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I want to buy it, but it is not avaialble on MetroPCS. I would have to get from Sprint, since they offer unlimited data. I want the Samsung Note 2 for really web browsing as well as phone calls. Is the Note 2 faster than the S3? Should I buy it from Sprint and forget about MetroPCS? Please someone help. Thanks...

Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote