Japanese firm Softbank in 'advanced' talks to buy Sprint

tayl428

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I've always thought that Sprint would make a good takeover target for someone with some cash who wanted instant market.

tcournoy

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if SoftBank would try to buy both Sprint and Metro PCS. Sprint said they were going with a counter offer over T-Mobile and had mentioned the other day they were not in a rush to put the offer out. I think that would be pretty difficult though.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I just saw on fox world news the other day that huawei, was confirmed to be spying for the Chinese government. :[

Hmmph why not buy out T-Mobile instead I'd be much easier.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if you're continuing the joke or if you're serious...

I just saw on fox world news the other day that huawei, was confirmed to be spying for the Chinese government. :[

So "confirmed" is way too strong of a word. A House of Rep subcommittee asked Huawei and ZTE to provide documentation to prove that they aren't spying for the Chinese government, and they refused, so the committee released a report advising American companies not to do business with them because of the risk of spying. If you read the report it specifically said that nothing has been proven. Hauwei and ZTE maintain their innocence.

But you know we were joking right and Hauwei isn't involved in this Sprint thing. Sorry if you do; it can be hard to tell online.

Hmmph why not buy out T-Mobile instead I'd be much easier.

Are you saying that it would be easier for Softbank to buy T-Mobile than to buy Sprint? If the rumors are true, Softbank is doing it to get American market phones to Japan. Sprint has a better phone selection than T-Mobile.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm then why don't manufacturers sell to soft bank directly then.

I don't think I'd want to stay with sprint knowing most of my money would go to support Japans economy not the USA's.

Sorry about my liberal views I'm a democrat. I thought I'd bring it up but no I didn't read the full report I was watching it at the gym on a treadmill while also watching a story on TLC about a 1000 pound woman( for motivation).

In one word "yes" IMHO tmobile would be a better target, their forth in the top 5 carriers and would cost much less to buy out then sprint. I agree though tmob does have some pretty bad phones besides s3 and original note. I laugh whenever I see their unlimited 4g commercials( they don't actually one all of those towers do they, cause if they did they couldn't afford to run unlimited 4g on them ).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude