• 2 Post By BMIC50
  • 1 Post By Mercury81
  • 2 Post By jonathanm1978
  • 1 Post By Mellimel22
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default Sprint Deal with Softbank and Exiting Sprint Data Unlimited Plan

news recently about the potential deal between Sprint and Softbank. If existing Sprint customers stay on Sprint after the deal is approved and executed, how will existing Sprint plans be affected, particularly the unlimited data plan?

Default Re: Sprint Deal with Softbank and Exiting Sprint Data Unlimited Plan

I don't think that it will bc that is the only thing keeping people from fleeing the now network

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Anything anyone says now is complete speculation. No one knows. (That being said, speculation can be fun).
    jiffy247 likes this.

I'm already tired of Sprint as it is... Since I signed my contract my bill has gone up (discount program change) and my service has gone down.

If you asked me months ago I'd still be relatively happy but there has been a sharp decline in service over the past 3 or so months. Of course their coverage maps and reports say differently and every call in to support to report yet another dead zone or drop spot yields the same results: "We'll send a technician to investigate the tower".

Every couple months or so I get a small pittance from customer service to "make up" for my displeasure.

The only reason I'd be happy about the end of unlimited is the possibility of breaking the contract if it happened to extend to my contract.

Sprint may be the most cost effective provider, but they also happen to be the most stress giving provider.

Anyone who buys or invests enough to take control should do something to let their customers know that service, both on the technology and support sides, will improve.

Well I think almost anyone who is a Sprint customer and uses a smartphone has been on the verge of tearing their hair out. Here in Chicago I've been dealing with dropped calls, not getting calls/texts for the last 4-5 months. I've called C/S a couple of times and gotten $20.00-$30.00 knocked off my bill but it still doesn't make up up for the lack of service I've been forced to endure. It has gotten much better within the last month, so hopefully the worst is behind me, at least here in Chicago.

I'm just hoping that if a deal does go through it means more $ for Sprint to speed up their Network Vision enhancements. Just within the last few days I've finally gotten some very nice LTE action.
    Slender Troll likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

I have had great service in Chicago but had a billing issue and got credited for it gor my trouble

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch using Tapatalk 2

I hope this new acquisition for Sprint goes through soon.
    I can't take this half rate,terrible connection service much longer.:thumbdown:

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury81 View Post
    I hope this new acquisition for Sprint goes through soon.
    I can't take this half rate,terrible connection service much longer.:thumbdown:

I hear you, brother. Sprint went from being the best carrier I've ever had to the worst over the course of one 2 year contract.

I honestly think Sprint ruined a lot of customers with the wimax fiasco...

Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

While I am not the perfect example, I have had relatively low issues compared to my collegues on other networks. I dont talk much, but when I do, any call issues tend to be on AT&T or T-Mobile's side.

Again, I must state that in Jacksonville, coverage is probably easy due to the relatively flat land and lack of big buildings to block those higher frequencies. Also, our urban sprawl makes it hard for any carrier to cover the largest city land-wise in the contiguous 48 states.

But I am looking forward to the benefits of the infused capital from Softbank. I want a better network, with the premier devices. As long as their cap is higher than the rest, I will gladly let go of unlimited data.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue
    Thanked by 2:
    Mercury81 and Slender Troll like this.

You bet,my browser works at a snail's pace and I'm so tired sitting and waiting for LTE service, while paying my monthly subscription for failing services.

xdalaw likes this.

i nvr have any probs with service

Well ,good for you,you must have LTE service in your area. The fact is more than half Sprint customers don't have the service and the signal is terrible for them .

Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury81 View Post
    Well ,good for you,you must have LTE service in your area. The fact is more than half Sprint customers don't have the service and the signal is terrible for them .

I wouldn't say that it is fact that the signal is terrible. I don't have LTE and i have great signal.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue

Quote Originally Posted by djjr50 View Post
    I wouldn't say that it is fact that the signal is terrible. I don't have LTE and i have great signal.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    I don't have LTE either, and I too have no complaints.

However I think the people who have complaints are trying to use more bandwidth than they have available through 3G.

Take me for instance, I almost never watch videos or listen to streamed music on 3G. Therefore, the only problem I see is sometimes slow loading speed of browsed Web pages. But if someone is trying to watch a HD video through Youtube they will be constantly be seeing buffering messages. I think it all boils down to how you use (or want to use) your device.
    Super-elite full-time dad

ROM
    Me: WickedSens 4.1.1

Saw this last night while flipping through Flipboard on my (Sprint) GS3...which works fine for me service-wise here in Central Alabama. Explains a lot about the Sprint + Softbank announcement pretty well...
    Knowing what Son did for other companies that Softbank has rescued (yes RESCUED), 3 of them to be exact...they were in LOTS worse shape than Sprint is (or has been) and they really turned them around. Vodafone Japan was one of them that Softbank swooped in and saved, and they turned them around rather quickly.
    This guy has some pretty technical visions for wireless providers, and if he'll do something like what he did in 2007 to turn Softbank around with plans and pricing here with Sprint...it'll revolutionize the cell market and put Sprint on top rather quickly. Sounds very optimistic, but this CEO of Softbank has a proven track record and has already shown he could save companies that were damn near circling the drain and about to dive under.
    Thanked by 2:
    Mercury81 and Slender Troll like this.

Show a screen shot of your signal & download speed or its not strong... Just sayin.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    Super-elite full-time dad

ROM
    Me: WickedSens 4.1.1

Sprint Deal with Softbank and Exiting Sprint Data Unlimited Plan-screenshot_2012-10-17-07-27-52-1.png

How about download speed?

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Avg 3g 1.5 down .60 up wimax 10 mb down 1.5 up

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    Mercury81 likes this.