Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By bp3dots
  • 3 Post By daryllh
  • 4 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Effed Me Over...Will this revenge work?

So Sprint has decided to eff me over and now I am looking for payback. I plan on getting out of the contract by stating I am moving to an address that conveniently has no service. Therefore they have to cancel my contract as they cannot fulfill the terms and agreements of providing me service. So no EFT's. I also have 2 upgrades eligible now and plan on doing so at BestBuy as they have tons of free phones. Here is where I need to know if I can get away with this. So my devious plan is to upgrade both of my lines and then after about a month report to sprint that my phones were lost and add 2 old sprint phones to the account as replacements. Then I will call and get out of my contract by moving out of coverage. The "Lost" sprint phones will have BAD ESN at this point. I will then take the brand new phones to Cricket and get them flashed as I have been told that Bad ESN is only on that network. So do you think this will work???

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Re: Sprint Effed Me Over...Will this revenge work?

Quote Originally Posted by SingleDadNBoro View Post
    So Sprint has decided to eff me over and now I am looking for payback. I plan on getting out of the contract by stating I am moving to an address that conveniently has no service. Therefore they have to cancel my contract as they cannot fulfill the terms and agreements of providing me service. So no EFT's. I also have 2 upgrades eligible now and plan on doing so at BestBuy as they have tons of free phones. Here is where I need to know if I can get away with this. So my devious plan is to upgrade both of my lines and then after about a month report to sprint that my phones were lost and add 2 old sprint phones to the account as replacements. Then I will call and get out of my contract by moving out of coverage. The "Lost" sprint phones will have BAD ESN at this point. I will then take the brand new phones to Cricket and get them flashed as I have been told that Bad ESN is only on that network. So do you think this will work???
    If it has a bad ESN they can still flash it to their network. Now will they? Don't get your hopes up.
    Also how did Sprint screw you over? One thing to keep in mind if your moving out of their coverage they will more than likely offer you an Airave. They will do whatever is in their power to make you pay the ETF. If you do NOT want to pay an ETF or give a crap about your credit I would be an adult about it and talk it over with them. Sprint is more than likely to work it out with you if you talk to them about it. Just saying. Ruining one's credit in an attempt to get "revenge" will only hurt you in the long run.

If I was you I would think this over for a few days....
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
    Thunderbolter

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

I say go for it. I know it's against most morals but it won't hurt Sprint in the slightest.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

This won't work at all.

You're dead in the water because if you read your contract (which apparently no one does?!?!) Sprint makes no guarantee of coverage in any area . This is why they have the 14-day return policy: if you switch to Sprint and your phone doesn't work where you need it to you can return it with no penalties, no questions asked. After that, you're on your own.

Plus, even if you did get them to cancel your contract some other way, they would want their subsidized phone back. So while it's free when you sign up, you'll be on the hook later for a couple $500+ phones; that doesn't go away because you "lost" them.

So best case scenario you'll be $1000-$1200 in default on a secured credit and in a year or two you'll have outdated phones and have to pony up for the "best" phone on Cricket. Hardly worth it...

Incidentally, scams like this are the reason that Sprint doesn't let people charge phones to the bill any more.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Sprint has decided to charge me for the difference of the old plan I am on and the new plan I used to be on. They billed me over $160. The airave will not work in Europe.LOL. All they need is a utility bill that shows a disconnect and a new forwarding address...I can make that as my bill comes in PDF and is easily editable.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Well everyday people move and when they are outside of the area Sprint lets them go. This has been confirmed by the Retention dept as well. If I lived close to a light green area they will push for an airave but if your in the white your good to go.

It's your choice to "move" to Europe or wherever. You signed a contract and you have to pay an etf to get out of it. Don't be a baby.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

This really only screws Best Buy, as you got the discounted phones from them. They will likely charge you the difference in the price you paid vs the outright price, since you failed to meet your contract obligations.

This is also the kind of thing that makes companies jack up things like ETF's for everyone. Act like a grownup and pay your ETF if you can't resolve the billing issue with their CS. Instead of trying to scam someone, just use the money you would have spent on the upgrades and start new service elsewhere.
    daryllh likes this.

Well everyday people move and when they are outside of the area Sprint lets them go. This has been confirmed by the Retention dept as well. If I lived close to a light green area they will push for an airave but if your in the white your good to go.
    Well you'll still have to pay Sprint back for the "lost" phones at the unsubsidized price or return them.

Bottom line is you can't screw Sprint without screwing yourself.

Global Posts
    433 Global Posts

I don't know what is worse: Some guy wasting time to think of scenarios like this or me taking time out of my Friday to read the thread (and posting). I could be the bigger fool.
    Thanked by:

If your intent is to rant about Sprint and its service and have discussion about what would happen when trying to leave that is fine, we have no problem with that BUT.....

You are doing many shady things here which myself or Android Central do not support.

1. Your openly admitting your plan to lie to the carrier about your location of residence.
    2. Your planning to report your phones as lost and have them marked as BAD ESN's in the attempt to have them flashed to a 3rd party service provider.
    3. Expecting to have forum members actually give you input and support your idea?

Enough said.. This thread is closed.

If you have any problems concerning this your free to PM.

Paul627g
    Forums Moderator.
    Last edited by Paul627g; 10-12-2012 at 03:38 PM. Reason: typo
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central