Time Zone issues

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm from the Chicago area and ever since the clocks got rolled back my phone, and the others in my house on Sprint, are having issues with the time zone setting itself to Eastern instead of Central. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Ya I ended up doing the same thing cause it would just randomly do it. Scared the crap out of me this morning when I thought I was an hour late for work lol

Sent from my Galaxy Note II on Sprint using Tapatalk 2

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
It has something to do with the original test area for the Chicago market being in Hammond, IN, according to the S4GRU admin. So when LTE sites are first set up, the towers are set to Eastern Time. Sprint will fix towers shortly after they are accepted, so you can set your time zone back to automatic soon.

hatesprint

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It has something to do with the original test area for the Chicago market being in Hammond, IN, according to the S4GRU admin. So when LTE sites are first set up, the towers are set to Eastern Time. Sprint will fix towers shortly after they are accepted, so you can set your time zone back to automatic soon.

They were handing you a line to get you off the phone. Hammond is in the central time zone like the rest of Northwest Indiana.

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
They were handing you a line to get you off the phone. Hammond is in the central time zone like the rest of Northwest Indiana.

Get me off the phone on an Internet forum? I don't remember the exact reason the site's admin gave. If I did, I would have been specific. I just remember that it had something to do with testing in Hammond. All I really cared about was that it was temporary and that Sprint knows about it, which are the only parts of the explanation I really remember.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech