Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4G in NJ

I know that NYC will soon get full 4G as it has been announced. Of late I have been getting sporadic 4G notifications on my EVO. I wll see the 4g icon show up for like 10-20 seconds during a data task. It will hang there and I can do stuff. Then it's back to 3g. At first I thought this was cause of the phone switching between tasks ect. It seems though like its more then this.

Has anyone else had this happen of late in Northern NJ? If so where? BTW i'm doing this in the Hackensack-Lodi area of Bergen county.

It's happened to me too. As well as some of my friends. My friends live in Jersey City and I've recently moved to Edison from Jersey City. I've actually gotten 4G by me which really surprised me. No word about when New Jersey is supposed to get 4G though.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mech1164 View Post
    I know that NYC will soon get full 4G as it has been announced. Of late I have been getting sporadic 4G notifications on my EVO. I wll see the 4g icon show up for like 10-20 seconds during a data task. It will hang there and I can do stuff. Then it's back to 3g. At first I thought this was cause of the phone switching between tasks ect. It seems though like its more then this.

Has anyone else had this happen of late in Northern NJ? If so where? BTW i'm doing this in the Hackensack-Lodi area of Bergen county.
    You live alot closer to me. I'm in Bergenfield and haven't gotten a single notification. It's a good sign that ur getting something.

Elizabeth (by newark airport) and Kean University = 4g. Nothing in allendale, NJ

im sure if your in hoboken youll catch it

South Jersey (Maple Shade) All 4G. Close to Philadelphia

Anyone know when NYC will get it?

end of year... progress is now underway and if u want live coverage plotting, check Sensorly Maps | 4G - USA - Sprint | Sensorly

seeing a lot in south Jersey (outside Philadelphia) -- Lindenwold, Cherry HIll, Voorhees, Moorestown, Marlton, Pine HIll. Basically, every dead spot that i had with my Palm Pre, now gets 4G

Quote Originally Posted by rickthrust View Post
    seeing a lot in south Jersey (outside Philadelphia) -- Lindenwold, Cherry HIll, Voorhees, Moorestown, Marlton, Pine HIll. Basically, every dead spot that i had with my Palm Pre, now gets 4G
    I get it all through Marlton except on my street

Well still no 4G down in the "real" south Jersey. I'm 10 mins outside Atlantic City.

Is there a way to know if you get 4g without turning it on and seeing if it picks up a signal?

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

No 4g in the Jersey Shore Toms River
    Gotta love it..

I'm in Central Jersey by Jamesburg, and no 4G. Nice to hear that we're getting some sort of 4G here in Jersey though.

Quote Originally Posted by yungwunn911 View Post
    Elizabeth (by newark airport) and Kean University = 4g. Nothing in allendale, NJ
    in addition to this, there is no 4g inside newark airport (at least in terminal C)