Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Markster1
  • 1 Post By tungsten
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Thumbs down Unexpected Changes in Plan when upgrading

Last week I upgraded from my Photon to the Optimus G. During after the upgrade, I experienced the following disappointments:
    1) Mobilbe to Mobile is no longer included. $5/mo charge now. (I declined that.)
    2) Total protection was increased from $8 to $11 with a $150 - $200 dedcutible (Accepted until I can find a third party insurance.)
    3) Sprint/Gooble Voice integration was suspended. Then they wanted a $20 number porting fee to re-establish it. (Declined that charge too.)

On top of that, I then find that LTE isn't available in my area yet.

Not a good way for Sprint to keep one of their oldest customers.
    Palm 300 -> 600 -> 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Evo 4G -> Photon -> Optimus G
    HP Touchpad -> Nexus 7

Default Re: Unexpected Changes in Plan when upgrading

We all know that wireless providers will screw us any way they can. Shocked about the Google integration

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Thats to bad! I seems every year there are less and less reasons to stick with Sprint. So I jumped ship after being a costumer for 6+ years. And I gotta say the past 9 months my bill has always been the same and CS is just as nice if not better than Sprint's. I was thinking the CS would suck with att but they did prove me wrong. Either way if you got good coverage in your area with Sprint and your a heavy data user...That might keep some people. Let's hope their upgrades that are coming will make the network a lot better.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

What plan are you on? Looking on Sprint's website, it looks like the Everything Data plan still offers "Any Mobile, Any Time".

Attachment 47372

Quote Originally Posted by jhasty View Post
    Not a good way for Sprint to keep one of their oldest customers.
    What are you........100? Lol

The Nottinator
    Mikey47 likes this.

Mobile to mobile is still included on normal consumer plans. Sounds like you might be a on discounted plan.

Sprint and Google Voice integration is still going. Porting your number to Google costs $20 but that's not what you are doing. Install the app and select to integrate. Or, get into your google voice account and select to integrate.

Deductible on an insurance claim for the Optimus G is $150.
    Thanked by:
    jhasty 

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

I dont know about you guys but Sprint data plan has not change still unlimited, Any Mobile, Any Time included etc,etc, etc.now try to get the same in Verizon or ATT and its very expensive.

When my upgrade came I when to ATT and Verizon and they could not compete with price.

So I upgraded with Sprint.
    jhasty likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

I double checked, and I do still have unlmitted mobile to mobile. Not sure what that $5 add on was on the screen.

I was trying to re-instate my GV service through the web site. Didn't try through the app. Why would they suspend it in the first place?
    Palm 300 -> 600 -> 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Evo 4G -> Photon -> Optimus G
    HP Touchpad -> Nexus 7

I double checked, and I do still have unlmitted mobile to mobile. Not sure what that $5 add on was on the screen.

I was trying to re-instate my GV service through the web site. Didn't try through the app. Why would they suspend it in the first place?
    Google Voice integration is connected to the app on the phone. So if you remove the app (replace your phone), you have to run the app and redo the integration. Your Google Voice number wasn't suspended, just the integration with your phone was removed. You still would have received voicemails and text had someone contacted you using your GV number.

2) Total protection was increased from $8 to $11 with a $150 - $200 dedcutible (Accepted until I can find a third party insurance.)
    From here:

I think Nights & Weekends starting at 5pm (instead of 7pm) costs $5.