Memphis, TN - "Data/Voice" Capacity Issues - Case to have ETF waived?

azgalorRC

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I live in the Hacks Cross/Shelby Drive/Holmes Road area. Since August, I've started having issues with data (unlimited), making/sending texts, and making/receiving calls. I could try to update my profile/PRL on my phone and do a series of restarts but to no avail (and no, I'm NOT rooted). I would have to constantly speak to a chat representative to have them reset my phone remotely then the problems would go away for a bit, only to creep up a day or a week later.

Sprint has put in tickets on my behalf due to the Data/Voice Capacity issues in the following zip codes: 38105, 38183, 38125, 38107. Due to demand which exceeded their initial projections, so as a result, the current infrastructure set in place can't handle the demand on certain towers during multiple points of the day.

Whenever you chat with Sprint, they email you a transcript of the chat to your registered email. I have a Sprint label within GMAIL which tracks it. I can use that for proof of on-going issues, despite the fact that they said issues would be resolved after certain time periods. I also need a reliable phone for my job and almost lost it due to not being contactable at critical times. I've even had my phone tested (Sprint Galaxy Nexus) at the stores; the diagnosis showed that the phone itself is fine, its their network. I know we shouldnt ever expect 100% uptime on network reliablity during the life of the contract, but this is just insane. Since late August, I've been dealing with issues in Memphis. I'm trying to put a case together where I show them that they are not holding up to their end of the contract, and that I would like to get my ETF waived.

What do you all think about this? Lots of things going on in my mind right now.

Thank you.

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Network Vision is being done in the Memphis area which effects the data. In some parts of Memphis currently they have LTE testing going on and installing new equipment and backhaul. Just have to be patient for a bit. And yes, it has happened to me in which they finally activated the equipment this morning around my house. No LTE yet, but the 3G speeds have greatly improved.

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
azgalorRC, I am in a similar situation. I live in Olive Branch (just across the state line from you). I haven't experienced dropped / no calls or problems with texts, but my data speeds are horrible. I usually get around 0.1 to 0.2 Mbps during the day. Sometimes it is higher early morning. I am also wrestling with trying to get Sprint to waive the ETF or just pay it and go somewhere else. But, as the other poster said, work is being done, based on the Sensorly app, so I am trying to be patient.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Read the contract there is nothing in it about what kind of service you should get. So no you cannot get out of the contract without paying a etf. If you are getting lte in your area right now that is the cause and should be fixed soon. You can ask them for a free airrave to help with your signal at home of that is a issue.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

azgalorRC

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Im not getting LTE right now. I was told we would get it in the beginning of November, now its December. Its not a signal issue. What good does having a "better" signal provide if there is still a Data/Voice Capacity issue at home because too many people are using Sprint in that area and they failed to ensure that current infrastructure could support initial projects to minimize the crap we're going through now? Still getting 0.01 to 0.03MBPs connections (up and down) during the day.

What a freaking joke.

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I live in the Hacks Cross/Shelby Drive/Holmes Road area. Since August, I've started having issues with data (unlimited), making/sending texts, and making/receiving calls. I could try to update my profile/PRL on my phone and do a series of restarts but to no avail (and no, I'm NOT rooted). I would have to constantly speak to a chat representative to have them reset my phone remotely then the problems would go away for a bit, only to creep up a day or a week later.

Sprint has put in tickets on my behalf due to the Data/Voice Capacity issues in the following zip codes: 38105, 38183, 38125, 38107. Due to demand which exceeded their initial projections, so as a result, the current infrastructure set in place can't handle the demand on certain towers during multiple points of the day.

Whenever you chat with Sprint, they email you a transcript of the chat to your registered email. I have a Sprint label within GMAIL which tracks it. I can use that for proof of on-going issues, despite the fact that they said issues would be resolved after certain time periods. I also need a reliable phone for my job and almost lost it due to not being contactable at critical times. I've even had my phone tested (Sprint Galaxy Nexus) at the stores; the diagnosis showed that the phone itself is fine, its their network. I know we shouldnt ever expect 100% uptime on network reliablity during the life of the contract, but this is just insane. Since late August, I've been dealing with issues in Memphis. I'm trying to put a case together where I show them that they are not holding up to their end of the contract, and that I would like to get my ETF waived.

What do you all think about this? Lots of things going on in my mind right now.

Thank you.

Same exact problems were happening when they were rolling out Network Vision here in the Chicago area this past summer. Dropped calls, not receiving calls or texts, dial-up like data speeds, I was dealing with this from June to almost September and it was terrible.

If you check out the Chicagoland thread here on AC and on sites like Community Blog List - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates people are going through the same ordeal around the country. I called to complain a couple of times and Sprint credited my account about $30.00 each time.

Since you are documenting everything you might be able to get them to waive the ETF but it could be tough. They finally flipped the switch on LTE here in late August and it's much better now and seems to be improving almost every week. But there are still pockets of areas in the 'burbs and downtown Chicago that are still 3G only areas. Hopefully by Spring the upgrades will be done and rocking LTE in the entire area.

I know it sucks going through this, but it will get much better. It's a painfully slow process for them to refurbish the towers, so be patient, it will pay off. But if you can't then I would talk to a rep and state your case for them to waive the ETF. Or at least demand that they credit your bill because of the lackluster service you've been getting.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1