Verizon to Sprint.....How was it??

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
For those who have switched from Verizon to Sprint, how is the overall experience with Sprint? Service, bill, connection, etc???

Fed up with Verizon, looking for a change (California area).

Sorry if this was already asked.

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
For those who have switched from Verizon to Sprint, how is the overall experience with Sprint? Service, bill, connection, etc???

Fed up with Verizon, looking for a change (California area).

Sorry if this was already asked.

As someone who has used all 4 of the major carriers, my Sprint service has been the best, I haven't had any billing issues, and overall my data service has been about the same as I had with Verizon 3G. Verizon LTE in my area wasn't super fast when it first came out, and I hear it's even slower now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just actually did the opposite about a month ago and switched from Sprint to Verizon. Sprint's customer service was good, they have the chat option on their website if u don't feel like calling on the phone. Pleasant representatives and the tech support department reps were fairly knowledgeable but I ran into some problems with my Evo 3D that they couldn't help me solve but those problems could've been due to me rooting the phone so I won't fault them for that. Bill was awesome with the 23% discount through my employer. Even without discount, bill would've still been fair. Service is where my major issue was. Horrible 3g, great 4G wimax when it was available and a lot of times my phone would be on 1x signal that was slower than an old lady trying to run the 100 meter dash. There would be places where I really needed my data network and the speeds were so slow I just gave up on it. I figured the bill was great so I'd deal with it but I got the GS3 on Sprint and the service was so bad that I returned it the same day. Sprint is selling 4G LTE phones and don't have 4G LTE in a lot of cities yet. I figured what's the point of paying for unlimited data and it doesn't work half the time? Waste of Money to me. In America you get what you pay for and there's a reason why Sprint is so cheap. I switched to Verizon for a month now and don't have any complaints as yet. Great service and I get to enjoy my phone. It costs a lil more but at least I'm getting my Money's worth. Maybe service from Sprint will be different in your area but in mine it was crappy. If the service is good and they have 4G LTE in your area, Sprint is not a bad move. Good luck

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I have no experience with Verizon or anything. I just wanted to say that you should be more specific about your location in order to get more accurate info. California is too big and diverse of a state to just ask about experience in the "California area". The forests will have way different coverage than the mountains, desert, or coastal areas, and the same goes for all types of terrain relative to each other. There is way too much geographic diversity in California to give an assessment for the whole state.

That said, Network Vision is well underway in the Bay area and LA, possibly in other areas as well. You can check Sensorly (sensorly.com or there's a Sensorly app) for current LTE coverage (as reported by users; it's not an official Sprint coverage map, and during the network upgrades, towers are liable to be turned off and on as work progresses). You can also get current progress reports of the upgrades at s4gru.com (also not official, but still very accurate). Even if your area currently has terrible coverage, there is a good chance that that may change soon.

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I have no experience with Verizon or anything. I just wanted to say that you should be more specific about your location in order to get more accurate info. California is too big and diverse of a state to just ask about experience in the "California area". The forests will have way different coverage than the mountains, desert, or coastal areas, and the same goes for all types of terrain relative to each other. There is way too much geographic diversity in California to give an assessment for the whole state.

That said, Network Vision is well underway in the Bay area and LA, possibly in other areas as well. You can check Sensorly (sensorly.com or there's a Sensorly app) for current LTE coverage (as reported by users; it's not an official Sprint coverage map, and during the network upgrades, towers are liable to be turned off and on as work progresses). You can also get current progress reports of the upgrades at s4gru.com (also not official, but still very accurate). Even if your area currently has terrible coverage, there is a good chance that that may change soon.

I'm from the inland empire (San Bernardino) area.

Its more of a general overall question. Coverage is typically good with most carriers in this area anyways.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I dunno. My mom lives in Ontario and when I go to visit her I had next to no service on sprint.drove me nuts. And that's not only data, but also often didn't have voice. I had a galaxy s3. Maybe do a test drive for a week and return it if it is crap.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I dunno. My mom lives in Ontario and when I go to visit her I had next to no service on sprint.drove me nuts. And that's not only data, but also often didn't have voice. I had a galaxy s3. Maybe do a test drive for a week and return it if it is crap.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Ouch!!! I work by Ontario. That would be a major problem considering that I have an S3......

Thanks for info

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I drive thru the Ontario area on and off and have never had service issues. Plus, Network Vision has just started in the San Bernardino/Riverside market. As work progresses, service will get better. S4GRU.com is the best resource for Network Vision news at the moment, and according to most members there, Sprint isn't blocking LTE anymore. Towers can be taken down due to issues, but as soon as those are fixed, they are back up again.

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Ouch!!! I work by Ontario. That would be a major problem considering that I have an S3......

Thanks for info

And as for taking a test drive, they offer a 14 day return policy, which is plenty of time to make sure that you have service everywhere you need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy