Sprints definition of an "Upgrade Device" ?

bawalker

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

I have a quick question when it comes to getting an 'upgrade' device or rather should I say, getting the upgrade pricing for a new device vs new customer contracts and subsequent phone discounts.

I've been a Sprint customer since July 2010 when I purchased the EVO 4G. Of course my contract expired July of this past summer so I've been going 5 months over out of contract, on a monthly basis. When I go to purchase a new phone here in the near future, will Sprint (or whomever the 3rd party phone seller is) hold me to the "upgrade" phone price simply because I'm a current Sprint customer, or will I have an opportunity to get the phone for the "new customer" price since I'm out of contract and not upgrading while inside my contract limits?

Thanks!

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Even though your out of contract you're still a Sprint customer. So you'll qualify for upgrade pricing not new customer pricing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

bawalker

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I somehow was thinking that was the case. But was worth the shot of asking if it meant getting a little bit cheaper of a phone.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Even though your out of contract you're still a Sprint customer. So you'll qualify for upgrade pricing not new customer pricing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

You have to disconnect your line for at least 30 days (I think it's 30 ... it might be 45) to be considered a new customer. I've heard of people trying to port their number away, close their account, and then port it right back within a few days to get new customer pricing, but they don't even allow that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs