Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362085842685.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362085842685.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 106

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Don't know about that but they're adding or should I say upgrading LTE towers all over the place

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Last edited:

lilotimz

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Each cell site is engineered for a specific radius and distance taking account the local topography and population density. In more urban areas, each site have extreme downtilt and may cover only a few blocks while in the rurals a site on a tall boomer can reach in excess of 10 miles if the lands flat enough.

If the LTE signals fall off just short of you or if its pretty bad (110db +), it means that area you're in is in the zone of another closer cell site which will service you.

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm due for an upgrade, but am about at my wits end waiting for LTE to turn on in Tampa. Absolutely horrific 3G service in the area. Like many of you, I get sporadic 4G service in and around Tampa, but I'm thinking of switching to Verizon. Anyone have any positive news regarding the status of LTE around here?

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm due for an upgrade, but am about at my wits end waiting for LTE to turn on in Tampa. Absolutely horrific 3G service in the area. Like many of you, I get sporadic 4G service in and around Tampa, but I'm thinking of switching to Verizon. Anyone have any positive news regarding the status of LTE around here?

You can check Sensorly and see where they are at. LTE is still not official and they're still out there upgrading towers.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
IMHO yo wallet gonna regret going to vzw not to mention the share everything dodo.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I should have been more specific. Has anyone heard anything about when LTE will officially be up in Tampa? I know it's a reach, but I was hoping something official would be coming down the pike.
I agree that Verizon is not my best option, but I get really pissed off when I go to use mobil data, and it takes forever and a day for something to download. If it ever does!
I have the EVO 4G LTE, and it's just a waste of a great phone. You can tell I'm frustrated.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
musyny7u.jpg
Well look at these results bro. U are gonna love lte when it comes

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
The longer is not official the better for us that means they're still working on it :thumbup: I would wait until they make it official and go from there. May be by summer time we'll know

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I do seem to by getting better LTE coverage around the Brandon, Riverview area as of late. Bloomingdale Avenue near Kings was lit up today with good coverage. I will probably hang with Sprint. My stepdaughter is due for a new phone, so we're going to look today. What's another two years!!!!!!!!

Dnomyar220

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I do seem to by getting better LTE coverage around the Brandon, Riverview area as of late. Bloomingdale Avenue near Kings was lit up today with good coverage. I will probably hang with Sprint. My stepdaughter is due for a new phone, so we're going to look today. What's another two years!!!!!!!!

If it helps, I read that the 4G rollout is supposed to be done by end of this year. Also, for a city that doesn't even have it officially announced yet, we're not doing to bad. I travel a lot for work, and when I'm in a city with established and official 4G it's really nice. Probably what we can expect.

Sent from my S3 w/ Tapatalk

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree that for now, Sprint is far and away the most economically feasible carrier. And as bad as there coverage is, it can only get better. At least I certainly hope so!

Dnomyar220

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree that for now, Sprint is far and away the most economically feasible carrier. And as bad as there coverage is, it can only get better. At least I certainly hope so!

I'm with you there! Also, I wouldn't trade the google voice integration for anything. I really hope that's here to stay.

Sent from my S3 w/ Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49