- 53 Posts
USB Tethering and "Connecting to 22.214.171.124..."
Whenever I USB tether, I get amazing speeds (4G LTE) - after some time it slows down to a CRAWL and I notice that in the bottom left or right hand corner saying "Connecting to 126.96.36.199......."
How do I get rid of this.. if possible?
- 01-17-2013, 02:54 AM #2
Re: USB Tethering and "Connecting to 188.8.131.52..."
Yep and if you hover over any images then you see something about Ctrl R to improve the quality of this image and Ctrl A to improve all images on this page (or some BS like that). It's a way for the mobile networks to reduce bandwidth. They apparently use that script to cut down the quality of images that get downloaded to your browser.
1. View the source code for an affected web page (right click on the page & click view source)
2. Somewhere (probably near the top of the source code) you will find a url such as http://184.108.40.206/bmi-int-js/bmi.js?version=1332944399
3. Copy that url including the version #
4. Go to your favorite anti-virus program (I use avast! Free) and go to site blocking.
5. Paste that url as a site to block. You may be able to add a wildcard (*) in the url to include other scripts from the same url
Now your anti-virus should block any incoming scripts from http://220.127.116.11/
- By Chrischn in forum Misc. Android PhonesReplies: 1Last Post: 12-03-2011, 01:37 AM
- By cmilkosk in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 6Last Post: 03-16-2011, 02:38 AM
- By dietrichmd#AC in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 11-01-2010, 01:30 PM
- By stormaddict13 in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2010, 11:03 AM
- By rlb in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 3Last Post: 06-22-2010, 05:02 PM