Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default USB Tethering and "Connecting to 1.2.3.4..."

Hello,

Whenever I USB tether, I get amazing speeds (4G LTE) - after some time it slows down to a CRAWL and I notice that in the bottom left or right hand corner saying "Connecting to 1.2.3.4......."

How do I get rid of this.. if possible?

Default Re: USB Tethering and "Connecting to 1.2.3.4..."

Yep and if you hover over any images then you see something about Ctrl R to improve the quality of this image and Ctrl A to improve all images on this page (or some BS like that). It's a way for the mobile networks to reduce bandwidth. They apparently use that script to cut down the quality of images that get downloaded to your browser.

1. View the source code for an affected web page (right click on the page & click view source)
    2. Somewhere (probably near the top of the source code) you will find a url such as http://1.2.3.4/bmi-int-js/bmi.js?version=1332944399
    3. Copy that url including the version #
    4. Go to your favorite anti-virus program (I use avast! Free) and go to site blocking.
    5. Paste that url as a site to block. You may be able to add a wildcard (*) in the url to include other scripts from the same url

Now your anti-virus should block any incoming scripts from http://1.2.3.4/
    Mine- Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2);
    AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.