07-26-2010 11:31 PM
- Alright so I would just like to clarify something before I take an action. I'm currently on a Sprint Family plan with any Messaging. After Sprint finally decides to release the Epic 4G I was considering purchasing it. There's all the talk about the blah blah Premium Data Plan that you have to purchase with the phone that includes the recurring $10 charge. Would that $10 Premium Data Plan be sufficient or do I have to purchase a family Data plan to get the full use of the phone?
And sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum, couldn't find another place07-24-2010 06:02 PM
- Thanks for moving my thread. But your saying that the $10 charge will include ALL data for the phone? I'm elaborating that because I ended up chatting with a Sprint helper online and although I really don't think she understood a thing I was saying she seemed to believe I needed to change my plan to a data plan and then ALSO add on the $10 premium data.07-24-2010 07:15 PM
- You already have a data plan, as indicated in your first post. You just have to add $10 per Epic/Evo line. In order for you to have a smartphone, you need to have data, which covers the entire family. The Extra $10 is per line that that type (4G) phone will be on.07-24-2010 08:11 PM
- 07-24-2010 10:40 PM
- Do you think it would be possible for me to argue with Sprint to allow the purchase of a data plan for just MY line? I'm a kid willing to pay the difference but my parents think it's a complete waste of money and also the rest of my family would not have phones really even capable of using data... Possible or not?07-25-2010 10:06 AM
- Do you think it would be possible for me to argue with Sprint to allow the purchase of a data plan for just MY line? I'm a kid willing to pay the difference but my parents think it's a complete waste of money and also the rest of my family would not have phones really even capable of using data... Possible or not?07-25-2010 11:24 AM
- Doubt it. Its an all or nothing on the data for family. Its $30 jump for your family + $10 more ($20 a line vs $10 a line) any line past the 2+ an extra $10 for your line with the Epic. Might as well just get your own plan for that price hike and not give your parents the heart attack... cause with the added costs, there are added taxes as well.07-25-2010 11:27 AM
- Well true true. Actually since that last post I decided to come up with my master plan. My dad is currently in England for the Air-Show so I shot him an e-mail. Tell me if anything is flawed in this if you want?
Haha didn't edit any of it so take a look!
I have a master plan to get a better deal at Sprint for only about $5 more
We sign up for an E-Bill which is just the bill online then change our address to somewhere in the middle of the desert where the Sprint coverage doesn't reach us and they are required to offer to cancel our services for FREE no ETF
Purchase the Sprint SERO plan which is a Sprint Employee Referral plan where most plans cost much less. We can sign up for a Everything Plus Data Family - 1600 Shared Anytime Minutes which cost $119.97 with an additional $15 per phone. So we are currently at $139.97 per month. You can also choose a new phone or keep the one you already have blah blah blah.
We currently get the 15% Navy discount but since they don't ask for proof of where you work you can just happen to work for Chevy Chase Bank, and they get 25% or 28% discount. Say it were 25% that would be $35 the bill which would bring it down to $104.97.
And BAM win for everyone! We will probably lose the additional 250 minutes per month that you scammed but we gain +100 base minutes to our plan, Unlimited Data so no little extra $2 per month from our phones using secret data we don't know about and new phones without upgrade plans or purchasing on the side. ANDDDD you just got that 2 year contract extension that halved our bill last month. Actually I just looked at the plan we have and turns out this will be less if the discount works.07-25-2010 11:43 AM
- 07-26-2010 10:33 PM
- The Evo isn't a choice. I don't know where you got that from, but my friend on a SERO plan couldn't get the Evo because they didn't offer it on SERO... another post on here in the Epic section listed today says the same thing. Still, the "best" phone on Sero is the Touch Pro 207-26-2010 10:39 PM
- 07-26-2010 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD