1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4G Lte Central FL

Passing thru Mt Dora Fl....surprised to look at my phone and see 4G....but none in Eustis?!?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: 4G Lte Central FL

Haha I'll be going down to Mt. Dora this weekend. Gotta love Sprint. They've also been lighting up St. Augustine, I get lte all over up here. Sprint is rolling out weird cities before it moves on to larger more populated areas.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

That's the thing most of the popular city's already have lte or is already working on it like we got it here in Chicago Texas LA San Fran Baltimore NYC all got lte so the small city's can get in the works

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Shotgun approach. There is no schedule or list of cities which get LTE before others. Whenever the backhaul is in place and or the permitting is complete and a crew is ready then Sprint or the OEM in change of the market will contact their contractors and they'll hop on the tower asap. Smaller communities and more rural areas typically have less regulation and stuff needed to be done in order to work on towers. Sprint isn't going to wait for the red tape to be finished in the big cities first before beginning especially since they're a bit behind. So they're going to be sending crews to wherever towers are ready (which happens to be smaller towns / cities / rural areas). Hence the random areas where you get LTE before you see it in major cities.

4G LTE just popped up in Gainesville, Fl. Its a big sprint town as Shands hospital and UF use a lot of sprint phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Doughan View Post
    4G LTE just popped up in Gainesville, Fl. Its a big sprint town as Shands hospital and UF use a lot of sprint phones.
    I just got it today in Gainesville. Most times it was slow about 2 to 3mbps then hit an area that gave me 12mbps. Definitely looking forward to it being on constantly.

4G Lte Central FL-uploadfromtaptalk1362104896889.jpg

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2