How do you tell if...

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Sprint is working on the towers in your area. Hi I live in Elyria Ohio and just recently our service has been in the crapper like when sprint works on a tower. I didn't think sprint was even considering upgrading the towers near us this early. My average down speed is usually around 50-60kbs and now I'm lucky to get 5kbs. Does anyone know if they are working on them.

At one point my signal was jumping between 1x and nonexistent where I usually get pretty steady 3g. I have the latest sprint radio update and am stock rooted if that helps.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
There are only two ways to know for sure: either (1) find the tower in your area and check it for work crews, or (2) hack into Sprint's private network to find the documents.

Your next-best option is to donate a little money to s4gru.com and get access to information about individual tower progress. If work has started in your area, the towers around you will be labeled "in progress". Of course, s4gru.com doesn't usually get official docs about "in progress" towers, so while some "in progress" info comes directly from Sprint, a lot comes from normal users who happen to see crews at a tower (foolproof method #1) and report it to the site.

SERO wireless

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Option #3. Check the map here. The map's data comes from signals received on handsets (not carrier propaganda) and is updated hourly. If a 4G signal is being broadcast from a local tower there will be a record of it.

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Option #3. Check the map here. The map's data comes from signals received on handsets (not carrier propaganda) and is updated hourly. If a 4G signal is being broadcast from a local tower there will be a record of it.

That won't necessarily tell him if work is currently being done on a tower, only that LTE has already been installed on the tower. Work could be ongoing for weeks before and after the LTE equipment is installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22