Strict upgrade policy?

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I've been wanting the Galaxy Note II for some time now, weeks now actually. My upgrade isn't till early on in April, but I thought I would try my hand at trying to upgrade early. I know you have to pay more for early upgrades

However, when I went to the kiosk in the mall I asked him if I could upgrade early, he just told me to call customer service.. blah

Next place I went to just said they didn't do it. blah

Finally! I went to an actual Sprint store, and as soon as I mentioned it the woman said "Oh, they'll probably charge you up to $100. You probably don't wanna do that" I did actually
I just gave up and left. Ha, guess I'll be waiting till April. I guess it isn't all that bad, I kinda just wanted to do it today.. oh well.

Just wanted to share my sorry story with you all.

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I would definitely just hold out for another month. Otherwise, it is a total waste of money to pay for an early upgrade that close to your eligibility.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I've been wanting the Galaxy Note II for some time now, weeks now actually. My upgrade isn't till early on in April, but I thought I would try my hand at trying to upgrade early. I know you have to pay more for early upgrades

However, when I went to the kiosk in the mall I asked him if I could upgrade early, he just told me to call customer service.. blah

Next place I went to just said they didn't do it. blah

Finally! I went to an actual Sprint store, and as soon as I mentioned it the woman said "Oh, they'll probably charge you up to $100. You probably don't wanna do that" I did actually
I just gave up and left. Ha, guess I'll be waiting till April. I guess it isn't all that bad, I kinda just wanted to do it today.. oh well.

Just wanted to share my sorry story with you all.

Wow - that last sales person is terrible...

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Wow - that last sales person is terrible...

Right! I didn't even complain. And as I was in the store I thought why even rush its only like two weeks just wait. But, guess they didn't want my money haha

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I would definitely just hold out for another month. Otherwise, it is a total waste of money to pay for an early upgrade that close to your eligibility.

Agreed! Guess it worked for the best.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I thought Sprint discontinued it's upgrade buyout program. But if your upgrade is only two weeks away, much cheaper to just wait it out and decide on what phone you want. What phone will you be getting?

In fact you might be best waiting a little longer and pick up the S4 or the One. Just saying...

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I thought Sprint discontinued it's upgrade buyout program. But if your upgrade is only two weeks away, much cheaper to just wait it out and decide on what phone you want. What phone will you be getting?

In fact you might be best waiting a little longer and pick up the S4 or the One. Just saying...

I hear ya. While both the S4 and One are nice devices, I'm just not interested in them. I want the Note for the size..

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

born2ride41

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
If you are that close to upgrade you should be able to pay like 25 and they will let you upgrade. That is what I did and I was like 2 months out that way I could get my note II

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
If you are that close to upgrade you should be able to pay like 25 and they will let you upgrade. That is what I did and I was like 2 months out that way I could get my note II

This was my plan when I went into the Sprint store lol

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You can thank Sprint having to afford carrying the iPhone for all this. Anyone else remember being able to upgrade every 12 months?

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
You can thank Sprint having to afford carrying the iPhone for all this. Anyone else remember being able to upgrade every 12 months?

I can say I do. The good ol' days haha

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you were paying attention, but customer service are the only people that move it (let you buy it out). Can't be done at the store (unless the store calls customer service for you).

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Yea. That was the premier program they had. I got my note 2 in December with my last 1 year renewal. I was a gold member. But the they didn't get rid of it because they now carry iPhone. I think they got rid of it to save money to use on this network vision thing. It's costing them millions every couple months while they upgrade. That's why I can't wait for the Japanese company merger thing to be approved. They said that once it's approved the Japanese company will infuse Sprint with a couple billion dollars to help with the upgrades. If that happens these lte sites will be turning on everywhere. Can't wait

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I would keep an eye out for the LG Optimus G Pro if i were you. Try a corporate store is what I suggest. They were offering me all kinds of deals the other day when I went in there to see if they could fix my phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yea. That was the premier program they had. I got my note 2 in December with my last 1 year renewal. I was a gold member. But the they didn't get rid of it because they now carry iPhone. I think they got rid of it to save money to use on this network vision thing. It's costing them millions every couple months while they upgrade. That's why I can't wait for the Japanese company merger thing to be approved. They said that once it's approved the Japanese company will infuse Sprint with a couple billion dollars to help with the upgrades. If that happens these lte sites will be turning on everywhere. Can't wait

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

They got rid of yearly upgrades and buyouts mostly because the cost of the devices didn't balance out against a year worth of plan payments. Sprint was subsidizing $400-$600 per phone and realistically only collecting ~$600-700 per phone on plan payments.

Also, though less significant, there was a rash of customers that would upgrade to the latest and greatest phone, but then only be able to keep up with the bill for a couple months. So again they're losing money because they're practically giving away a phone and getting almost nothing in return.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12