Can I buy the S4 off contact?

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I went into a Sprint store and they said they won't sell me a phone without a contract renewal. Which seems a little illegal or something to not let someone buy a product you sell, but I don't know. The website says the S4 is $599 so can I just buy the phone for that price from the Sprint website?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I went into a Sprint store and they said they won't sell me a phone without a contract renewal. Which seems a little illegal or something to not let someone buy a product you sell, but I don't know. The website says the S4 is $599 so can I just buy the phone for that price from the.Sprint website?

Report the store and buy it online

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
WHen new, high demand devices come out its not uncommon for a store to do that.
When the EVO LTE came out and GS3 came out, i heard some stores required you you to buy an accessory pack valued around 100 bucks just to get the phone.
When you buy a phone outright the store / employees dont get any credit towards new activation or renewal. So they try to save those phones for new customers with new activation or upgrades to boost their own agenda. However thats not corporate policy.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I went to a corporate store today and.they said I can do it but I have to order through the website because of the high demand. Which is fine.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
The reason they won't do it at a store is because they want to make sure they have phones for new customers and renewals. You can go get it at best buy. They have no problem selling you a phone at full price.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
The reason they won't do it at a store is because they want to make sure they have phones for new customers and renewals. You can go get it at best buy. They have no problem selling you a phone at full price.

Yes but they cost way more. I understand, I spoke to the guy for a while about the whole entire policy of upgrading early, buying off contract etc. The only thing they want is for people to be in a contract is the feeling I got. When I started explaining that I was going to buy off contract for full price he explained that it would be the same price if I upgraded early. Lol. They wanted to charge me the price of the phone $250, $100 early upgrade fee for two months early, $36 activation fee, plus tax and take my S3 which is in perfect condition for $103. What a freaking joke. I said that, that is BS and said I was buying off contract, he then pretty much just walked away. So I would pay out of pocket about $350 for the S4 and be tied into a two year contract with the worst coverage out of every carrier in my area. Or pay $599 for the phone outright which I am selling my S3 to cover a lot of the cost. So ya I'm buying off contract, I would from Best Buy but the S4 is $750

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

norbz

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Check this out youngster Fuk them buy your own of contract phone and if your not happy with the phone service take you nice phone to a better phone company no commitments and you won't have to beg sprint to unlock your subsidised phone. koo?....PC

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Check this out youngster Fuk them buy your own of contract phone and if your not happy with the phone service take you nice phone to a better phone company no commitments and you won't have to beg sprint to unlock your subsidised phone. koo?....PC

Rest in Peace English language. You were loved and will be missed.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes but they cost way more. I understand, I spoke to the guy for a while about the whole entire policy of upgrading early, buying off contract etc. The only thing they want is for people to be in a contract is the feeling I got. When I started explaining that I was going to buy off contract for full price he explained that it would be the same price if I upgraded early. Lol. They wanted to charge me the price of the phone $250, $100 early upgrade fee for two months early, $36 activation fee, plus tax and take my S3 which is in perfect condition for $103. What a freaking joke. I said that, that is BS and said I was buying off contract, he then pretty much just walked away. So I would pay out of pocket about $350 for the S4 and be tied into a two year contract with the worst coverage out of every carrier in my area. Or pay $599 for the phone outright which I am selling my S3 to cover a lot of the cost. So ya I'm buying off contract, I would from Best Buy but the S4 is $750

I understand now. They were really being idiots at that store. They just wanted commission. Best way to show how horrible they are with customers is buy it at best buy or Amazon or another Sprint store and this way they don't get the commission.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I understand now. They were really being idiots at that store. They just wanted commission. Best way to show how horrible they are with customers is buy it at best buy or Amazon or another Sprint store and this way they don't get the commission.

I'm going to try Best Buy because I like them. I have 0 issues dealing with best buy. I'm going to walk in there with $700 cash in hand and say I want this phone for $599 plus tax or I'm going to order it on amazon using your WiFi on my phone right in front of you. Lol. I think they will do it if I say that in a more subtle polite way but I will order it on my phone in front of them if they won't do it. I can't really imagine them saying no since Sprint and Amazon have the same price.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to try Best Buy because I like them. I have 0 issues dealing with best buy. I'm going to walk in there with $700 cash in hand and say I want this phone for $599 plus tax or I'm going to order it on amazon using your WiFi on my phone right in front of you. Lol. I think they will do it if I say that in a more subtle polite way but I will order it on my phone in front of them if they won't do it. I can't really imagine them saying no since Sprint and Amazon have the same price.

If that doesn't work you can always buy it on swappa. But they are asking too much on there for a used one. I think the lowest they are asking for $630 mint condition with a zagg shied on it and a rubber cover.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I went to best buy today and they will price match amazon for $599. So Sunday my auction ends on ebay and I will be able to get the phone next week.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Can't really do that with a CDMA phone.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
You can but you only have couple choices, ting or Sprint prepay. The other option that costs money for most is flash your phone to virgin mobile or boost.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci