Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GiantJay
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Voice stopped working

Greetings,

Had anyone else had any problems with Google Voice lately? For the longest, I was getting messages but no notification for hours after the message was left. Then just randomly, my voicemail switched back to Sprint. Google Voice is still activated so I don't really know how to go back to it. No one else has posted anything similar, but I thought I would ask. Any chance Sprint knows how to solve this? I wanted to blame it on the 4.2.1 update that I recently did, but this recent turn of events happened almost two weeks after.

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7.1 NIGHTLY ect....

Default Re: Google Voice stopped working

I had this yesterday. When someone sends me a pic it goes to my Gmail. Ok I can live with that.... But yesterday a pic sent to me never came. Strange... Well this morning the pic came thru almost 24 hours late.

Posted from my HTC One via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by david279 View Post
    I had this yesterday. When someone sends me a pic it goes to my Gmail. Ok I can live with that.... But yesterday a pic sent to me never came. Strange... Well this morning the pic came thru almost 24 hours late.

Posted from my HTC One via Android Central App
    I had figured out that the messages were probably going to gmail when they came in, and just as I set up to get the gmail notifications, it switched back to Sprint, just out of the blue, on its own. I saw someone else mention Sprint Visual Voicemail. I don't have that since I have the GNex but wonder if there's a way to download it. I just wanted the transcriptions so I didn't have to call in to check voicemail all the time.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

I had issues a few days ago as well. I ended up logging out, then it wouldnt let me log in for a few hours.
    I emailed a few people i know who have it and they also confirmed at the same time they had problems..

All seems fine now.. but they might be working on it from the original outage a few days ago.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    I had issues a few days ago as well. I ended up logging out, then it wouldnt let me log in for a few hours.
    I emailed a few people i know who have it and they also confirmed at the same time they had problems..

All seems fine now.. but they might be working on it from the original outage a few days ago.
    Logging out. That's a good idea. Maybe then I can switch back. I miss my super bad transcriptions.

GV was down for a couple hours 2 or 3 days ago, but I haven't seen any problems since.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    GV was down for a couple hours 2 or 3 days ago, but I haven't seen any problems since.
    Unfortunately my problems started weeks ago. Logging out and back in seems to have set things back to normal for now.

There was a update for the app recently. Did you update it yet?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4

Also the way to change any settings is to do it on a computer. Just log into Google voice and go to settings, you can change many options.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4
    gnr_2 likes this.