Sprint Roaming policy

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, I've been looking around but can't find an answer to my question which concerns sprints roaming policy.. I know the data limit is 300Mb,and the V.m. Is 800. But how many texts are we allowed to send while on roaming?

Courtesy of My LT3VO :D

Mitri360

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Haven't heard of a limit being placed on regular sms messaging while roaming. I roamed a whole month using over 4gb of Verizon data and about 500 minutes(no m2m while roaming) and over 2000 texts. They complained about the data only.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Haven't heard of a limit being placed on regular sms messaging while roaming. I roamed a whole month using over 4gb of Verizon data and about 500 minutes(no m2m while roaming) and over 2000 texts. They complained about the data only.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Thank you!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, I've been looking around but can't find an answer to my question which concerns sprints roaming policy.. I know the data limit is 300Mb,and the V.m. Is 800. But how many texts are we allowed to send while on roaming?

You can oy roam up to 50 percent of your monthly use. As in if you have 250 megs of data on sprints network then only about half that can be roaming. Or so that's what I remembered when I had this issue a few years back.

Sent from my HTC One

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can oy roam up to 50 percent of your monthly use. As in if you have 250 megs of data on sprints network then only about half that can be roaming. Or so that's what I remembered when I had this issue a few years back.

Sent from my HTC One

Yeah they changed it to 300 MB now.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Still don't know if this 100/300MB is per line or per account. Anyone know for sure?

I was roaming on 1of 3 lines and sprint called me to terminate that line because of exceeding roaming limit, I told them they can't terminate one line and keep the other 2, if you want me to move that line, all three line are gonna go, or none..
I'm sure it's per line

Sent from HTC via Tapatalk app

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty sure it's per line.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

I was roaming on 1of 3 lines and sprint called me to terminate that line because of exceeding roaming limit, I told them they can't terminate one line and keep the other 2, if you want me to move that line, all three line are gonna go, or none..
I'm sure it's per line

Sent from HTC via Tapatalk app

Thanks for the info!

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Sprint gave me an apologetic good bye call yesterday, so I ported all 3 of my lines to tmobile, and this is the speed I'm getting.

Sent from my HTC One using Talk 2!
ezy4a7y5.jpg

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been on Sprint since 1998 minus a 9-month excursion to Verizon which compelled me to move back...(Different story) Anyway, Sprint is only going to give you crap about roaming if you are roaming in an area that has Sprint coverage. If you are forcing your phone to roam for the sake of getting faster data, then they will say something. If there is no Sprint coverage they aren't going to say anything unless you're using an exorbitant amount of data, and yes, that will be judged by someone other than me, and that someone probably has no formula to use that would determine exorbitant. If they offer to cancel you, you have options, and won't owe an ETF anyhow, so what's the problem, really? I don't know anyone who has been forced to cancel their service, and I was on Sprint when they lost their roaming agreement with all of the other carriers resulting in a LOT of "true" roaming. That is when it was costing Sprint a dime for people who were roaming. When they have a "roaming agreement" with other carriers, it doesn't cost them any money as the other carrier's people roam on Sprint towers also. That is why it is called an "agreement". They simply write their terms and policies so they have an "out" on the off chance you abuse the network somehow. That is all. The only reason we are able to roam with no roaming agreement is because our phones have that function enabled. Sprint could easily make it to where you were unable to connect to any data connection other than Sprint, but it would require a patch that I wouldn't download.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been on Sprint since 1998 minus a 9-month excursion to Verizon which compelled me to move back...(Different story) Anyway, Sprint is only going to give you crap about roaming if you are roaming in an area that has Sprint coverage. If you are forcing your phone to roam for the sake of getting faster data, then they will say something. If there is no Sprint coverage they aren't going to say anything unless you're using an exorbitant amount of data, and yes, that will be judged by someone other than me, and that someone probably has no formula to use that would determine exorbitant. If they offer to cancel you, you have options, and won't owe an ETF anyhow, so what's the problem, really? I don't know anyone who has been forced to cancel their service, and I was on Sprint when they lost their roaming agreement with all of the other carriers resulting in a LOT of "true" roaming. That is when it was costing Sprint a dime for people who were roaming. When they have a "roaming agreement" with other carriers, it doesn't cost them any money as the other carrier's people roam on Sprint towers also. They simply write their terms and policies so they have an "out" on the off chance you abuse the network somehow. That is all. The only reason we are able to roam with no roaming agreement is because our phones have that function enabled. Sprint could easily make it to where you were unable to connect to any data connection other than Sprint, but it would require a patch I wouldn't download.

The way I see it is if your phone needs changing from roaming to not roaming because you only get 1 bar of service and you make your phone roam you should be allowed to do that. Or like you said Sprint should cancel your service giving you enough time to find a new carrier. So really it looks like its working the way it should.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
The way I see it is if your phone needs changing from roaming to not roaming because you only get 1 bar of service and you make your phone roam you should be allowed to do that. Or like you said Sprint should cancel your service giving you enough time to find a new carrier. So really it looks like its working the way it should.

If your phone has a shaky connection and there is another tower that has a better connection, your phone is going to switch to it anyhow. As long as that tower is one with which Sprint has a roaming agreement, it's a non-issue. It's not an issue either if Sprint has no coverage in that area unless you move there and set up your house. If you do that, they will exercise their part of the agreement and "let you go". Without that clause, you could sue them for breach of contract. Also, if you trick your phone into only connecting to another tower it becomes an issue, and some computer, somewhere, is going to flag your account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad