So thinking of going to at&t

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
1. No Verizon is cheaper, look at the screen shots I posted above.

2. 119 is not cheaper than 110

3. Um, hpsa+ isn't real 4g, it's faux G. LTE is the real deal and Verizon has the largest network and most reliable

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Hustleman did you miss are convo

Do the math , My current plan cost 90.00 minus the 9.99 Protection Pack.
1GB over 3GB cap cost 10.00 + 90.00 = 100.00
ATT is 10.00 less expensive providing basically same deal as Verizon except that ATT provides free wifi hotspot with 3GB plan & above

s13vq8.png

Like I said prior , The 450 rollover is basically for land line use.
Who in heck uses mass landline min anymore lol
For me i might use 50 min a month rest roll over so I have 4000 min currently doing nothing & never will.

Bottom line,
ATT clearly has the best deal

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hustleman did you miss are convo

Do the math , My current plan cost 90.00 minus the 9.99 Protection Pack.
1GB over 3GB cap cost 10.00 + 90.00 = 100.00
ATT is 10.00 less expensive providing basically same deal as Verizon except that ATT provides free wifi hotspot with 3GB plan & above

http://i42.tinypic.com/s13vq8.png

Like I said prior , The 450 rollover is basically for land line use.
Who in heck uses mass landline min anymore lol
For me i might use 50 min a month rest roll over so I have 4000 min currently doing nothing & never will.

Bottom line,
ATT clearly has the best deal

He works for Verizon so he pushes them really hard all the time.. Also.. He will compare a more expensive / more data plan of one carrier to the 2GB Verizon plan to say Verizon is cheaper and you don't need more than 2GB... Or well sorry he says majority of users don't..

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Lenny I was a big defender of Sprint as you know through out the years but Sprints big time behind. Will they catch up? Not for for a long time.
Before Sprint finally has their LTE network solid Verizon & ATT will have LTE Advanced online for many.
+ Network vision though , When complete That provides better fallback then Verizon has.

No Sprint will have Lte advanced on line long before ATT and Verizon....Sprint Network Vision is what will make that capable.....as a matter of fact Verizon ATT and TMO will need to preform the same Network Overhaul that Sprint is doing NOW to bring LTE A online....

Like I said previously people are going to be dumbfounded as to how Sprint was able to rollout LTE-A so much faster than the other big 3 telcos, and the answer will be "Remember when Sprint was slow to rollout LTE......" Again im going to laugh my a$$ off at all the ATT and Verizon fanboys....

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I for one will move back to Sprint once their network has been upgraded. I do like AT&T but I've always been a huge Sprint fan. I just couldn't take the current speeds.

Sent from my Cleaned AT&T Note 2

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I for one will move back to Sprint once their network has been upgraded. I do like AT&T but I've always been a huge Sprint fan. I just couldn't take the current speeds.

Sent from my Cleaned AT&T Note 2

As I will be too.....Verizon's LTE is a joke in NYC....ATT and Verizon will be no match for Unlimited LTE on Network Vision

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
He works for Verizon so he pushes them really hard all the time.. Also.. He will compare a more expensive / more data plan of one carrier to the 2GB Verizon plan to say Verizon is cheaper and you don't need more than 2GB... Or well sorry he says majority of users don't..

Um 4gb >3gb right?

So how is that comparing a higher data plan with another carrier to a lower data plan?

Is more data from Verizon AND it's cheaper by 10 bucks

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Um 4gb >3gb right?

So how is that comparing a higher data plan with another carrier to a lower data plan?

Is more data from Verizon AND it's cheaper by 10 bucks

Than explain how Sling is paying 10 less with ATT... You seem to conveniently miss his posts... But that's what salesman do.. Avoid the truth :D.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

oh ok didn't realize he had Verizon name tag on his nightstand.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
No Sprint will have Lte advanced on line long before ATT and Verizon....Sprint Network Vision is what will make that capable.....as a matter of fact Verizon ATT and TMO will need to preform the same Network Overhaul that Sprint is doing NOW to bring LTE A online....

Like I said previously people are going to be dumbfounded as to how Sprint was able to rollout LTE-A so much faster than the other big 3 telcos, and the answer will be "Remember when Sprint was slow to rollout LTE......" Again im going to laugh my a$$ off at all the ATT and Verizon fanboys....
ATT LTE towers are LTE advanced capable with small adjustment nothing major that will delay late 2013 launching.
Sprint on the other hand is far behind in LTE tower count thus making deployment much slower on all levels.

Anyway time will tell ,
For now i will enjoy A+ CS , Excellent coverage & fast data speeds on ATT not dreaming how much Sprint will be better.
I did that for 7 year getting nothing except edge like speeds terrible everything total waste of money.

Oh & Im not a ATT fanboy. Im a X sprint customer that made move to ATT sharing my findings in thread that fits the bill.
If my ATT service sucked I would make it well known

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Than explain how Sling is paying 10 less with ATT... You seem to conveniently miss his posts... But that's what salesman do.. Avoid the truth :D.

Because he has one of those ol school style plans with 450 minutes.

I compared apples with apples, not Apple's to oranges.

Unlimited everything +3 GB on att is 120 and the same with 4gb in Verizon is 110 how is that not cheaper?

How is that not true?

You see the images, they aren't photoshopped and they aren't anything but an unmodified screen shot submitted.

Then if you only need 2gb, it's 20 bucks cheaper.

Don't argue with facts!

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

Unlimited everything +3 GB on att is 120 and the same with 4gb in Verizon is 110 how is that not cheaper?

How is that not true?

You see the images, they aren't photoshopped and they aren't anything but an unmodified screen shot submitted.

Don't argue with facts!

Your a bad Verizon salesman Hustleman scaring away potential customers that can be found in this forum.
Your $ argument is upside down & you should be requesting OP location.
From there look up rootscore to compare service . If V;s on top in his coverage area push that aspect & close deal.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

How is that not true?

Don't argue with facts!

So if you chose pure unlimited it's cheaper... What if I don't need unlimited minutes? Verizon has no options if I'm not mistaken but with ATT I could have 450 anytime minutes with... Unlimited any cell phone to any cell phone. That works for many people.. So that plan could be better for him and therefore cheaper.

Verizon doesn't give you the option yet att does.. So technically in this case att is cheaper.

Don't argue with facts!

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
So if you chose pure unlimited it's cheaper... What if I don't need unlimited minutes? Verizon has no options if I'm not mistaken but with ATT I could have 450 anytime minutes with... Unlimited any cell phone to any cell phone. That works for many people.. So that plan could be better for him and therefore cheaper.

Verizon doesn't give you the option yet att does.. So technically in this case att is cheaper.

Don't argue with facts!

Actually we still can sign customers up with nationwide plans with a certain amount of minutes and limited data

They just don't push it.

And like I said for the exact same thing, Verizon is cheaper, I've already proven that.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Actually we still can sign customers up with nationwide plans with a certain amount of minutes and limited data

They just don't push it.

And like I said for the exact same thing, Verizon is cheaper, I've already proven that.

Not in my book. You showed a unlimited plan not a limited one.. So in his situation att is cheaper.

You just are saying it's always cheaper.. Which.. I guess is true in certain situations.. Just like att is cheaper in other situations to. There isn't an above all cheaper one.

If I wanted I could say my unlimited data and pretty much minutes due to cell to cell on Sprint is the best.. 92$ after taxes... But I understand that isn't the case for all. Tons of stuff depends on who is better for what price. Some areas Verizon can suck and att could rock.. And vice versa... Just like some people on Sprint couldn't beat AOL dial up in their area... But I can. So network choice is a lot of factors and needs... Once the needs are known then by all means you can quote a plan and see which is best/cheapest.

So I'll agree with you on Verizon being cheaper for fully unlimited all around.. But they aren't 100% of the time like your acting. :)

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
ATT LTE towers are LTE advanced capable with small adjustment nothing major that will delay late 2013 launching.
Sprint on the other hand is far behind in LTE tower count thus making deployment much slower on all levels.

There maybe some area's that are being primed for LTE-A but AT&T entire network will not be ready for LTE-A like Sprint Network Vision will....Sprint will be able to Launch LTE-A across it's entire Network with almost the flick of a switch. Sprint is upgrading it's entire Network all 38.5K towers, not just slapping LTE panels on their existing infrastructure like ATT and Verizon has done over the majority of their network.

Not to mention AT&T network won't be as consistent as Sprint's seeing as they don't have nationwide LTE on a single spectrum band. Sprint will have LTE consistently nationwide across the 3 same bands. 800/1900/2.5

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Not in my book. You showed a unlimited plan not a limited one.. So in his situation att is cheaper.

You just are saying it's always cheaper.. Which.. I guess is true in certain situations.. Just like att is cheaper in other situations to. There isn't an above all cheaper one.

If I wanted I could say my unlimited data and pretty much minutes due to cell to cell on Sprint is the best.. 92$ after taxes... But I understand that isn't the case for all. Tons of stuff depends on who is better for what price. Some areas Verizon can suck and att could rock.. And vice versa... Just like some people on Sprint couldn't beat AOL dial up in their area... But I can. So network choice is a lot of factors and needs... Once the needs are known then by all means you can quote a plan and see which is best/cheapest.

So I'll agree with you on Verizon being cheaper for fully unlimited all around.. But they aren't 100% of the time like your acting. :)

I compared unlimited with unlimited.

Anything else is apples to oranges.

And I never said it's cheaper in every aspect in every situation, just noted that they are cheaper for the same thing

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I compared unlimited with unlimited.

Anything else is apples to oranges.

And I never said it's cheaper in every aspect in every situation, just noted that they are cheaper for the same thing

Well I wouldn't know.. I asked to compare a limited minute plan with a att one to be fair on that aspect incase someone didn't want unlimited minutes.. I can't find it but you swear they offer it.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
There maybe some area's that are being primed for LTE-A but AT&T entire network will not be ready for LTE-A like Sprint Network Vision will....Sprint will be able to Launch LTE-A across it's entire Network with almost the flick of a switch. Sprint is upgrading it's entire Network all 38.5K towers, not just slapping LTE panels on their existing infrastructure like ATT and Verizon has done over the majority of their network.

Not to mention AT&T network won't be as consistent as Sprint's seeing as they don't have nationwide LTE on a single spectrum band. Sprint will have LTE consistently nationwide across the 3 same bands. 800/1900/2.5
Im not hear to beat up Sprint Lenny but you have been preaching Sprint will win talk for years with predictions that fall far short so lets focus on facts you can see and touch today.
Sprint is floundering for the most part deploying in small market low population areas with many of their launches providing very low network completion %
With that being reality Sprint has a very long way to go before even coming close to flipping advance Switch....heck by the look their LTE build out wont be complete till late 2014/ beginning 2015 & will it really be reliable? Seeing Sprints history I find them to be a bad gamble which is why I made the move.
I hope they succeed though! If they do I may become a Sprint customer again but Im sure is heck not going to wait around on edge speed dreaming about a better tomorrow.

ATT on the other hand updated Towers in 2011 bringing HSPA+ to table prepping for LTE / LTE advance so their set ready to go.
Their network build out is solid as seen in their press release today - http://www.droid-life.com/2013/07/02/att-fires-up-35-new-4g-lte-markets/

Anyway such prediction conversions are stupid.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Im not hear to beat up Sprint Lenny but you have been preaching Sprint will win talk for years with predictions that fall far short so lets focus on facts you can see and touch today.
Sprint is floundering for the most part deploying in small market low population areas with many of their launches providing very low network completion %
With that being reality Sprint has a very long way to go before even coming close to flipping advance Switch....heck by the look their LTE build out wont be complete till late 2014/ mid 2015 & will it really be reliable? Seeing Sprints history I find them to be a bad gamble.
I hope they succeed though!

ATT on the other hand updated Towers in 2011 bringing HSPA+ to table prepping for LTE / LTE advance so their set ready to go.
Their network build out is solid as seen in their press release today - http://www.droid-life.com/2013/07/02/att-fires-up-35-new-4g-lte-markets/

Anyway such prediction conversions are stupid.

While I agree that such predictions are pointless I just wanted to say Sprint has some areas they are building that aren't low pop.. Chicago, Texas, etc. Heck even where I live (Jacksonville FL) they are building... While we aren't a huge population (I don't think) but I do know as a city we are huge land mass wise.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
oh yeah Sprint is building in some high population areas but for the most part its been small markets , off the wall markets which I find very odd.
One thing that really upsets me is their definition of New Market available. Many New Sprint markets advertised are only 30 - 50% complete with network stability low after ribbon cut.
Example would be Sprint LTE market launch for my area , It was a few months ago yet its still pretty much unusable.

Verizon / ATT get Market 90% complete & tested stable for the most part then announce which makes sense

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699