So thinking of going to at&t

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
There maybe some area's that are being primed for LTE-A but AT&T entire network will not be ready for LTE-A like Sprint Network Vision will....Sprint will be able to Launch LTE-A across it's entire Network with almost the flick of a switch. Sprint is upgrading it's entire Network all 38.5K towers, not just slapping LTE panels on their existing infrastructure like ATT and Verizon has done over the majority of their network.

Not to mention AT&T network won't be as consistent as Sprint's seeing as they don't have nationwide LTE on a single spectrum band. Sprint will have LTE consistently nationwide across the 3 same bands. 800/1900/2.5

Exactly what I've been saying for months bro lol.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
oh yeah Sprint is building in some high population areas but for the most part its been small markets , off the wall markets which I find very odd.
One thing that really upsets me is their definition of New Market available. Many New Sprint markets advertised are only 30 - 50% complete with network stability low after ribbon cut.
Example would be Sprint LTE market launch for my area , It was a few months ago yet its still pretty much unusable.

Verizon / ATT get Market 90% complete & tested stable for the most part then announce which makes sense

No vzw and att did not. They did the same thing and my city Chicago is the farthest along in nv and we are the third largest city in the us. Plus it's lte in la and ny btw.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
No vzw and att did not. They did the same thing and my city Chicago is the farthest along in nv and we are the third largest city in the us. Plus it's lte in la and ny btw.

IF you mean lte in LA Metro then u do t know what you mean by its so unconsisent that I don't get a usable signal and that us what I want to switch to AT&T.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
IF you mean lte in LA Metro then u do t know what you mean by its so unconsisent that I don't get a usable signal and that us what I want to switch to AT&T.

Well if I'm not mistaken your city isn't a launched market so to expect full coverage is... Yeah...

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Im not hear to beat up Sprint Lenny but you have been preaching Sprint will win talk for years with predictions that fall far short so lets focus on facts you can see and touch today.
Sprint is floundering for the most part deploying in small market low population areas with many of their launches providing very low network completion %
With that being reality Sprint has a very long way to go before even coming close to flipping advance Switch....heck by the look their LTE build out wont be complete till late 2014/ beginning 2015 & will it really be reliable? Seeing Sprints history I find them to be a bad gamble which is why I made the move.
I hope they succeed though! If they do I may become a Sprint customer again but Im sure is heck not going to wait around on edge speed dreaming about a better tomorrow.

ATT on the other hand updated Towers in 2011 bringing HSPA+ to table prepping for LTE / LTE advance so their set ready to go.
Their network build out is solid as seen in their press release today - http://www.droid-life.com/2013/07/02/att-fires-up-35-new-4g-lte-markets/

Anyway such prediction conversions are stupid.

Its not prediction, its facts based on Timetables outlined... Sprint will be further along with implementation of LTE A because its baked into overhaul of Network Vision, Network Vision is nationwide project not a market here a market there type upgrade as AT&T doing. Plus Sprint will have the spectrum in place to launch it consistently across the US on 800/1900/2.5 spectrum, AT&T will not...AT&T is 700 in some markets, 1700 in other, 2100 in some... AT&T spectrum allocation is very much a patch-work and market based.

You can see by reading thread. People still don't understand the scope of Network Vision and that its a COMPLETE NETWORK OVERHAUL, NOT JUST AN LTE UPGRADE, its not about smaller markets vs. bigger one. Smaller Markets come online before larger one because there are less tower to convert. Doesn't mean larger markets don't have Network Vision accessible, on the contrary except for the cities of OH, mostly all "Big Cities" have Network Vision well under way, with towers online broadcasting LTE.

You guys really need to study this whole Network Vision thing, and quit talking out your a**es comparing what Sprint is doing to what AT&T and Verizon did/are doing, their not the same things. I feel like I need to defend Sprint, because the people who are bashing it, are doing so without complete knowledge of what's really going on here. Verizon and ATT DO NOT wait until 90% completion, they announce market launch at 40-50%.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Its not prediction, its facts based on Timetables outlined... Sprint will be further along with implementation of LTE A because its baked into overhaul of Network Vision, Network Vision is nationwide project not a market here a market there type upgrade as AT&T doing. Plus Sprint will have the spectrum in place to launch it consistently across the US on 800/1900/2.5 spectrum, AT&T will not...AT&T is 700 in some markets, 1700 in other, 2100 in some... AT&T spectrum allocation is very much a patch-work and market based.

You can see by reading thread. People still don't understand the scope of Network Vision and that its a COMPLETE NETWORK OVERHAUL, NOT JUST AN LTE UPGRADE, its not about smaller markets vs. bigger one. Smaller Markets come online before larger one because there are less tower to convert. Doesn't mean larger markets don't have Network Vision accessible, on the contrary except for the cities of OH, mostly all "Big Cities" have Network Vision well under way, with towers online broadcasting LTE.

You guys really need to study this whole Network Vision thing, and quit talking out your a**es comparing what Sprint is doing to what AT&T and Verizon did/are doing, their not the same things. I feel like I need to defend Sprint, because the people who are bashing it, are doing so without complete knowledge of what's really going on here. Verizon and ATT DO NOT wait until 90% completion, they announce market launch at 40-50%.

Exactly it's not just swiss cheese slapping lte panels here and there.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Well if I'm not mistaken your city isn't a launched market so to expect full coverage is... Yeah...

Yes I let the la metro area is a launched market already so therefore is that should be at around 40 to 50 percent but its not this Christmas time and there's a lot of business you should look it up on s4gru Delhi Metro market is already launched it launched in April.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes I let the la metro area is a launched market already so therefore is that should be at around 40 to 50 percent but its not this Christmas time and there's a lot of business you should look it up on s4gru Delhi Metro market is already launched it launched in April.

I do check s4gru for things from time to time... But if you just said your only at 40-50 percent then.. You kind of answered your own statement on why it's spotty. I live in Jacksonville and it's 45% so.. It's spotty at times depending on where I am but what else can I expect when it's not 100%?

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

Interesting.
ATT LTE hit my area it was pretty tight little to no dry spots
During that time frame I stopped by corp store to pay bill & chatted with manger which conveyed ATT wont announce Market until 90% of landscapes complete.
6 weeks later Launch was announced.
Many many postings in ATT Site forums following the same time line , Now this is not to say some markets don't go so smooth but for the most part that's how their deployment has played out.

You go into Sprint site forums complaints galore customers up in arm screaming left , right & in between about so called launches being a joke with many areas being worse off....lots of negative postings about Chicago market with users sick of being told to PRL update & device isn't working properly by Sprint CS .
My area for example , Sprint Announced launch little over 2 months and service is worst ever. Theres a couple postings in this forum touching on how bad it is in Hampton roads.

Will these amazing towers save Sprints day? , Maybe when they get them working properly but by the looks of Sprint site forum posting its not looking so good.....tons of postings of users not having service for weeks begging to get out of contract free.
How long will it take to get them online in proper working order? That's a mystery which no one truly has the answer to.
Welcome to Sprint.

I had to say goodbye to that.
Living in the trailer watching the house being built wasn't for me anymore.
For the Sprint network dreamers enjoy , If your house is built as strong as you preach I will move in

Last edited:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Interesting.
ATT LTE hit my area it was pretty tight little to no dry spots
During that time frame I stopped by corp store to pay bill & chatted with manger which conveyed ATT wont announce Market until 90% of landscapes complete.
6 weeks later Launch was announced.
Many many postings in ATT Site forums following the same time line , Now this is not to say some markets don't go so smooth but for the most part that's how their deployment has played out.

You go into Sprint site forums complaints galore customers up in arm screaming left , right & in between about so called launches being a joke with many areas being worse off....lots of negative postings about Chicago market with users sick of being told to PRL update & device isn't working properly by Sprint CS .
My area for example , Sprint Announced launch little over 2 months and service is worst ever. Theres a couple postings in this forum touching on how bad it is in Hampton roads.

Will these amazing towers save Sprints day? , Maybe when they get them working properly but by the looks of Sprint site forum posting its not looking so good.....tons of postings of users not having service for weeks begging to get out of contract free.
How long will it take to get them online in proper working order? That's a mystery which no one truly has the answer to.
Welcome to Sprint.

I had to say goodbye to that.
Living in the trailer watching the house being built wasn't for me anymore.
For the Sprint network dreamers enjoy , If your house is built as strong as you preach I will move in

Well I avg about 15-20mb and 11mb during peak hours and Im in Chicago and travel daily throughout the city and I hardly if ever switch to 3g. Ymmv

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I avg about 15-20mb and 11mb during peak hours and Im in Chicago and travel daily throughout the city and I hardly if ever switch to 3g. Ymmv

That's because Chicago is almost ninety nine percent complete all other areas are only 50 percent complete taking a very long time to complete such as the l.a. Metro market area which I live in. So I finally talked to someone and they mean they will I should let me on my contract I'm just desding if I'm going to do it or not.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That's because Chicago is almost ninety nine percent complete all other areas are only 50 percent complete taking a very long time to complete such as the l.a. Metro market area which I live in. So I finally talked to someone and they mean they will I should let me on my contract I'm just desding if I'm going to do it or not.

He was responding to Slingbox's rant that everyone in Chicago was complaining. Thus proving it was just a rant and not to be taken seriously.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
He was responding to Slingbox's rant that everyone in Chicago was complaining. Thus proving it was just a rant and not to be taken seriously.
Who said everyone , I stated lots lol

Some more so call Chicago rant
Chicago July 2012 LTE rollout - Sprint Community: Continuous Problems Chicago Sprint Service is Terrible
Almost a year later their 99% complete according to usguyver

There still lots complaining about service issue in city , Maybe those entering need to PRL more

Anyway , The root score for the 99% compete Chicago Sprint network - RootScore Report for Chicago, IL June 2013 | RootMetrics

Last edited:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Root metrics was always flacky and me and the others I know avg around 15-20mb which is more than ok.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Root metrics was always flacky and me and the others I know avg around 15-20mb which is more than ok.
Im not saying that Sprint speeds suck in C land , I agree they are ok.....it did take a year to get there though & if you travel outside your in slow 3G for the most part.
There are lots of complaints about service in city.....Not everyone but lots , like i said maybe more PRLs are needed for those having issue.

As far as Rootmetrics , I will take their findings over any network especially Sprints.
Frequency Engineering (AFE) - Is Sprint's LTE coverage exaggerated on its website?

Anyway Im done , This thread has turned into a P contest.
OP wanted info . posting were fair until Lenny pulled his attack postings which pulled me in.....
Oh & the Verizon salesman that makes no sense.

Last edited:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
No arguments here bro I'm just stating because I stay in Chicago and travel quite often I have lte in Rockford Streamwood Hanover park Danville Maywood bellwood ect.